Wow the time has finally come. My one year Blogiversary! I’m so excited 🙂 (Ok technically it was yesterday but I was out of town so lets all pretend I posted this last night 🙂 ) As far as blogging goes, this week was slow for me but in my defense we were hit with a winter storm and 49% of the homes in the county where I live were without power! Luckily our power stayed on but we had a house guest for a few days until his power came back on. I managed to cook but didn’t take the time to photograph. I plan on playing catch up this week 🙂 So now you know why I haven’t been around for a few days. I will also be going through my google reader this evening while I’m at work so expect a flood of comments from Nutmeg Nanny 🙂
Now onto the celebration of my blog hitting the one year mark. It’s really exciting for me because I have been known to start things and not finish. This is honestly one thing I have started and never once over this whole year did I even consider stopping. There are times when I run out of steam for a week or so but I always bounce back. Looking at other bloggers I think we all go through this 🙂 It’s been a great joy “meeting” so many other people who share the same passion and I love all the new friends I have made. It’s amazing to me that even though we do not see each other in real life I still feel as though I actually know some of you. I’m hoping that doesn’t make me sound creepy…haha. So I would like to thank all of you for your continued support of my blog. I love getting comments (seriously I do…they make me smile) from you with your kind words about my treats and hope you continue to support my blog as I travel into year two.
Now onto this giveaway. It’s all of you that push me to continue and I this is my thank you 🙂 If you win you can choose one of the two cookbooks. Either Cook’s Illustrated, Baking Illustarted Hardcover Cookbook or Cook’s Illustrated, The New Best Recipe: All New Edition Hardcover Cookbook. I will also be throwing in something else but that will be a surprise 🙂
Now you want to know how to enter? Here you go:
1. Comment on this page telling me a recipe that you would like to see on my blog. Make sure to leave an email address where I can contact you.
2. Subscribe to my blog. (At the top right under “Email Subscription” just click “sign me up”) Leave a separate comment letting me know you did this.
3. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway. Come back and leave me a separate comment letting me know you did this. Make sure to tell me your twitter name.
4. Follow me on Facebook. Come back and leave me a separate comment letting me know you did this.
5. Totally random BUT leave me a comment if you can remember what brought you to my blog the first time 🙂
There you go. Five ways to win 🙂
This giveaway is only available for people living in the United States, sorry friends to the North and International readers. This giveaway will end Saturday March 6th at 11:59pm EST. Good luck and thank you 🙂