Banana Whip

This fresh and easy banana whip only uses 1 ingredient and tastes like creamy banana ice cream. You won’t believe how easy this dessert is to throw together!

Banana Whip by Nutmeg Nanny

I know I know I know. It’s winter. I should be sharing some sort of tasty soul warming food.  BUT here is the thing.  I like cold things in the winter. I always have. I’m hoping there are some other crazy souls out there that feel the same way :)

This dessert (or occasional breakfast…) is the easiest thing to make.  The only ingredient is frozen bananas. If you are like me you probably have a bag of frozen ripe bananas in your freezer.  The texture of the whip is very reminiscent of  soft serve ice cream. Which has always been a favorite of mine.  So if you like bananas and like the texture of soft serve then I suggest you get in the kitchen and make this immediately.  It takes less than 5 minutes!

Just a little note to my wonderful readers :) My mom is flying in this evening so I’m probably going to be absent for a week.  Sorta like last week – which I used to clean and organize my house. That way when my mom comes she thinks I live like a responsible almost 29 year old women. If only she knew the truth ;)

Banana Whip by Nutmeg Nanny

Banana Whip

This fresh and easy banana whip only uses 1 ingredient and tastes like creamy banana ice cream. You won't believe how easy this dessert is to throw together!

Yield: 2 servings

2 frozen bananas

In a food processor add frozen banana and start processing. Stopping after a minute or so to scrap down sides if you see it starting to stick. At first you will notice the banana start to resemble small dots (think dip and dots ice cream...do they even still make that?) Just keep processing and stopping to scrape until the banana comes together and resembles creamy soft serve ice cream. It should be smooth with no large chunks of banana remaining. This whole process should take between 3 and 5 minutes.

I like to eat my banana whip plain with nothing on it BUT I have heard that a drizzle or two of chocolate can be quite nice....

30 Responses to “Banana Whip”

megan — February 4, 2011 at 9:29 am

Have fun visiting your mom and your little secret is safe with us! ;) Make her the whip, but give her a drizzle of the chocolate for me. :)

Heavenly Housewife — February 4, 2011 at 9:58 am

I’ve been meaning to make this myself when I first saw it. I love banana, and i love that you make “ice cream” from them. HOpe you have a fab time with your mom.
    *kisses* HH

Keeley — February 4, 2011 at 10:52 am

Mmm… I will trick my husband into eating this by topping it with chocolate! Looks soooo good!

Winnie — February 4, 2011 at 11:00 am

Have fun with your mom. Ps I’ve been making this for years in my champion juicer. My kids love it- so creamy, you’d never know it’s only made with bananas :)

Sue — February 4, 2011 at 11:05 am

Thanks Brandy, this sounds simple and delicious! I have a bunch of frozen (over-ripe) bananas in the freezer(always do!), and it’s supposed to hit 80 degrees this weekend(though it was 34 degrees this morning)! :) Have a GREAT time with your mom!

A Canadian Foodie — February 4, 2011 at 11:11 am

Really? I had no idea. I will have to try this. I used to love frozen bananas with milk in a smoothie – or inside of homemade orange julius as a kid. This I will definitely be trying!
    Brilliant!
    Valerie

Joanne — February 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm

SO you’re saying…this resembles ice cream. And is good for me. I could marry you for this.

Have fun with your mom!

Faith — February 4, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Definitely one of my favs, looks great! Have fun with your mom!

Emily Malloy @Cleanliness — February 4, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Looks AWESOME!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Brandy, your banana whip looks incredibly decadent and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing. I’m so glad to have found your beautiful blog and look forward to seeing more! :) – Georgia

rebecca — February 4, 2011 at 4:55 pm

wow this is so cool great and healthy treat love it have fun with your mum love Rebecca

Katerina — February 4, 2011 at 6:00 pm

It is very cold here right now but meteorologists promised that the weather will be warm pretty soon. I am keeping this for then. Have fun with your mom.

Jen_from_NJ — February 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm

What a great healthy dessert! Enjoy the time with your mom!

Veronica — February 5, 2011 at 3:09 am

I had to laugh as guess what I had after dinner this evening? Ice cream! I’m not usually a fan of cold in winter, and really am rarely a fan of ice cream, but I went with the craving since we had some 90-calorie per 1/2 cup java icecream in the freezer. I’ve made this banana stuff and plan to bring it back this summer, though I’ll try to leave off the loads of caramel and chocolate topping this time-hehehe.

Treat and Trick — February 5, 2011 at 4:41 am

Such an easy and yummy treat! Enjoy your break ya…

Barbara — February 5, 2011 at 8:54 am

A new one on me! And it looks fabulous. What could be easier? I love the photo.

I went clean-crazy when my mom visited too. Have fun with her…she won’t care if things are clean or dirty. She loves you.

Paula — February 5, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I can`t stop looking at this! It`s absolutely divine and I want to try this…

Have a great time,
    Paula

Heather @girlichef — February 5, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Oh, I love this! I’ve always just called it “one ingredient ice cream”!! But Banana Whip is so much more fun. You know what’s really good? Throwing some roasted walnuts in at the last minute. :P

5 Star Foodie — February 6, 2011 at 12:14 am

It’s an excellent treat, we like making it at our house too!

Casdok — February 6, 2011 at 3:24 am

On my way to the kitchen!

Cakelaw — February 6, 2011 at 4:15 am

This sounds like a great dessert Brandy. I do have some frozen bananas in the freezer, but won’t again for a while because the banana crops here were wiped out by a cyclone and the price of bananas has gone through the roof.

Reeni — February 6, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I made this before! I didn’t like it for some odd reason even though I love bananas. Have a great time visiting with your Mom!

grace — February 7, 2011 at 4:30 am

one ingredient snack–that’s my kind of eating! now whip it…whip it good! :)

Blond Duck — February 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm

You know what’s weird? I want ice cream in winter and really rich heavy desserts in summer. I’m so screwed up.

Cakelaw — February 9, 2011 at 4:54 am

Hi Brandy, I have given you an award:

Erica — February 10, 2011 at 11:59 am

banana soft serve rocks! Your version looks very yum! And its never to cold for ice cream :) Hope you’re doing well! Sorry I’ve been MIA. I will finally have a post up tomorrow

Dana - Food for Thought — February 10, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I’ve made this before… it’s so good and really does remind me of ice cream!

Have a great week with your mom :)

marla {family fresh cooking} — February 10, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Your banana whip looks amazing & I love that it is ONE healthy ingredient!

leslie — February 22, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I saw this somewhere else and I was very intrigued!

1. Pingback: Banana Cinnamon Streusel Cake | Nutmeg Nanny