Roasted Orange Cauliflower

This super simple roasted orange cauliflower is the perfect quick side dish to add to your weekday routine. Plus it’s fancy enough to make a Thanksgiving appearance.

Roasted Orange Cauliflower by Nutmeg Nanny

The other day I was shopping for groceries and saw the most beautiful head of orange cauliflower. I know that is an odd statement, however, it’s totally true. It looked so fresh and beautiful. It had to be bought.

There was one bad thing about this plan. Mr. Nutmeg Nanny hates cauliflower. Yep. Hates it. I guess I can’t really complain though. This is the only food he has ever mentioned not liking. That’s not so bad.

Roasted Orange Cauliflower by Nutmeg Nanny

I wanted to keep the recipe simple and just showcase the amazing flavor of fresh cauliflower. I drizzled it with some olive oil and lightly sprinkled it with salt and pepper. I roasted it on high heat and in no time it was ready to devour. Even Mr. Nutmeg Nanny ate some 🙂

Oh and here is your fun fact of the day. Orange cauliflower contains 25 times the level of vitamin A than white varieties.

Roasted Orange Cauliflower by Nutmeg Nanny

Roasted Orange Cauliflower

This super simple roasted orange cauliflower is the perfect quick side dish to add to your weekday routine. Plus it's fancy enough to make a Thanksgiving appearance.

Yield: 4 servings

• 1 head of orange cauliflower (About 3 lbs)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Kosher salt and pepper (to taste)

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Cut off florets and wash thoroughly. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Cook until golden brown 25-30 minutes. In the middle of cooking make sure to stir once.

27 Responses to “Roasted Orange Cauliflower”

Faith — November 21, 2011 at 9:28 pm

So pretty! Roasted was the perfect way to go. I always go crazy for colored cauliflower too — the orange and purple are stunning!

Reeni — November 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I don’t know where orange cauliflower has been all my life! I never saw it before but I would snatch it up if I did! Love me some roasted cauliflower.

hungryandfrozen — November 22, 2011 at 12:39 am

Roasting is my favourite thing to do with cauliflower – although I do rather like it raw, and of course, steamed and covered in cheese sauce. I’ve never seen orange cauliflower before, hope it makes its way to NZ!

Chiara @ The Wandering Cook — November 22, 2011 at 5:26 am

Looks amazing. I used to hate cauliflower, but now I really like it… I’d love to try the orange variety!

Shannon — November 22, 2011 at 8:36 am

roasted cauliflower is a delight, and how pretty the orange variety is!

Kathleen Richardson — November 22, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’ve learned something new. Thought all cauliflower was white. BTW, did you get your hubby to taste a tiny bit?

Jessie — November 22, 2011 at 10:58 am

Mr. K hates it too. More for us! I love the orange, I’ve only seen the purple which made for an odd colored soup. 🙂

Veronica Miller — November 22, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Roasted veggies are the best! And I totally need to try the colored varieties of cauliflower b/c they are so pretty!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — November 22, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Gorgeous!

Joanne — November 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm

This is one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower of all colors! I wonder if the purple kind has different nutritional stats also?

Magic of Spice — November 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Gorgeous! I do not see this variety often…very sad because it is really beautiful! Love the simply beauty 🙂

Emily — November 23, 2011 at 12:38 am

I’ve never seen orange cauliflower before. It’s so pretty! That would be great blended into some mac and cheese.

Peggy — November 23, 2011 at 6:31 am

I love roasted cauliflower! Especially with a little curry powder – I call it my “power” side!

rebecca — November 23, 2011 at 10:02 am

love this so simple and fresh must look for one

Happy thanksgiving hugs Rebecca

brandi — November 23, 2011 at 11:54 am

i love roasted cauliflower! so delicious.

did you see the purple variety, too? it’s fun to do a tray of roasted white, orange, and purple.

kyleen — November 24, 2011 at 12:30 am

Mhmm who knew cauliflower could look so delicious?
    By the way, I love your background paper.

Biren @ Roti n Rice — November 24, 2011 at 2:24 am

It does look very pretty! I also like how you kept it simple. Would make a lovely side dish for the Thanksgiving table. Wishing you and Mr Nutmeg Nanny a very Happy Thanksgiving!

5 Star Foodie — November 24, 2011 at 4:41 pm

The simply roasted cauliflower is the best! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels — November 24, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I LOVE cauliflower (did I shock you? haha). It’s one of my absolute favorite vegetables and I love it roasted. I’m definitely going to try orange cauliflower and make your recipe! 🙂

Lyndsey@TheTinySkillet — November 26, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I can’t resist a beautiful head of cauliflower either…let alone a beautiful orange one! I love roasting vegetables, my daughter loves cauliflower like this, only I squeezed a little lemon juice on top with the olive oil. Yours looks perfect!

Maria @ Orchard Bloom — November 27, 2011 at 12:39 am

So simple, sounds delicious!

Barbara — November 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

My kids don’t like it either! But I do. Never have made it this way…really looks good.

Blond Duck — November 28, 2011 at 8:53 am

I feel the same way about produce.

The Elegant Eggplant — November 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Roasted cauli is one of my FAVORITE veggies. So delicious! Yours look great.

peabody Jennifer Rudd — November 28, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I have never seen it in orange…so pretty!

Deborah — November 29, 2011 at 1:17 am

That cauliflower is just gorgeous! I wish I could find anything but the plain old white…

1. Pingback: This Colored Cauliflower Packs A Nutritional Punch! »