Caramel Dipped Forelle Pears

Hello 2013! I’m starting things off with a sweet bang! I know, it’s the new year. We should all be eating salad and pushing 30 days juice cleanses. However, I’m really in no mood. I just want to sit down with a bowl of these pears and eat them for lunch. Is that too much to ask?

When I bought these little beauties I had no plan for them. I just thought they were adorable and therefor had to buy them. Am I the only one who does that? I’m a sucker for an adorable little piece of fruit. You should have seen all the citrus I almost bought today. Then I realized that I didn’t need a bag of key limes, a bag of blood oranges and a bag of meyer lemons. What is one girl supposed to do with all that citrus?

How did I get onto citrus when I was talking about pears?

Ok, back to the pears. They were adorable. I bought them. I had no plan. That is when I decided to just dip the bad boys in caramel, sprinkle it with a little raw sugar and see how it turned out. Awesome. The answer is awesome.

15 Responses to “Caramel Dipped Forelle Pears”

Joanne — January 2, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I have two bags of meyer lemons on my table…I’m thinking some kind of lemon ice cream has to happen..stat. :)

I love these caramel-dipped pears though! Too bad Meyers wouldn’t taste good dipped in caramel…otherwise I”d so do it.

hungryandfrozen — January 2, 2013 at 11:27 pm

These are adorable! And I like how the sugar would add a little crunch.

I know you’ve just done a million cocktails, but I bet those blood oranges would be amazing in something with a bit of kick…

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — January 3, 2013 at 9:15 am

These are healthy-ish, I mean, it’s fruit right?

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama — January 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm

These are absolutely beautiful!

thumb in plum — January 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I’m so jayjay. I wish I thought of this!

Dina — January 4, 2013 at 10:23 pm

these look yummy!

Sarah — January 5, 2013 at 3:58 am

These pears are making my pre-wedding healthy eating regimen hard to stick to! Drooling over here…

Jill — January 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Genius – cannot wait to make!!

Tara — January 7, 2013 at 12:19 pm

What a great idea, I will be making these for my daughter for sure!! I have added them to my Mouth Watering Mondays. Come on over to see at http://www.noshingwiththenolands.com Cheers, Tara

Mackenzie @SusieFreakingHomemaker — January 17, 2013 at 9:25 am

SWOON! Oh my goodness these look fantastic!!

Michelle — February 19, 2013 at 7:42 pm

LOVE this recipe! I often come home with a cart full of fruit and high aspirations of all the things I’m going to make. These are a must try! SO cute and delicious looking. Pinning :)
    Michelle

Kirsten — December 3, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Brandy,
    These pears look scrumptious! Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!

1. Pingback: Mouth Watering Monday | Noshing With The Nolands

2. Pingback: Un pò di idee per la vostra wedding-to-do-list! - Il Merletto Ristretto

3. Pingback: 36 Ways with Fall Produce | Savvy Eats