Roasted Strawberry Crostini

Roasted Strawberry Crostini by Nutmeg Nanny

Remember a couple week ago when I made that delicious roasted strawberry dairy free shake? Well, I happened to have some roasted strawberries left and I wasn’t about to let them go to waste!  So I looked around my fridge and was lucky enough to find some goat cheese, prosciutto and arugula. Yeah…that would work.

Now I will be the first to admit that this crostini is not complicated but it’s packed full of flavor. It’s perfect for spring and I have visions of serving this at a lovely little outdoor patio party. Well, If had a patio…and I threw parties*…

*Confession: I have never thrown a party at my house. I’m such a pathetic adult.

Roasted Strawberry Crostini by Nutmeg Nanny

Roasted Strawberry Crostini

Yield: 5 crostini slices

5 slices crusty bread
Olive oil
3 tablespoons creamy goat cheese
Baby arugula
5 thin slices prosciutto
10 balsamic roasted strawberry slices

Balsamic Roasted Strawberry recipe

Lay out bread slices on a baking sheet and baste one side with olive oil. Broil in the oven until lightly browned. You could also grill the bread if desired.

Top each slice with an equal amount of goat cheese, a few sprigs of arugula, one slice of prosciutto and 2 roasted strawberries.

Roasted strawberry recipe link in ingredients list.

19 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry Crostini”

steph@stephsbitebybite — May 20, 2013 at 8:11 am

Such a great way to eat strawberries!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — May 20, 2013 at 10:02 am

CHICKA YEAH. (that’s all i can think of right now, i’m tired)

Barbara — May 20, 2013 at 10:44 am

This looks too pretty to eat but I would most defiantly devour it.

Shanna@ pineapple and coconut — May 20, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I love roasted strawberries. I think the first time I saw them was a recipe from Marla at Family Fresh Cooking – for yogurt with roasted strawberries and they were amazing. Roasted fruits are just THAT much better, like roasted grapes too. I have all these ingredients in my fridge right now – I think I know what my afternoon snack is going to be!!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I’m diggin’ your roasted strawberry recipes :) And it’s pretty much a guarantee – if it has creamy goat cheese, I will love it.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — May 20, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I have never tried roasting strawberries… They usually get devoured too fast at my house (by the hubby who can eat a pint of berries in a matter of minutes). I am going to hide some as soon as I find them at the farmer’s market so that I can give it a try. And, then I’m making crostini. I’m on board with just about anything made with arugula and prosciutto. :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — May 20, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Such a good idea! With the goat cheese…oh my mouth is watering! I just roasted strawberries for the first time this spring and fell in love!

Joanne — May 20, 2013 at 9:36 pm

This is such a fun combination of flavors – sweet, salty, cheesy. :) Totally perfect for summer!

ashley - baker by nature — May 20, 2013 at 10:01 pm

oh me gosh… everything about this is calling out to me! I love it.

carrian — May 21, 2013 at 12:23 am

Ummmm, good mercy lady. I have no words. I’m pinning this shizzle and makingit. Stay tuned.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 21, 2013 at 12:24 am

I think it’s time for you to throw a party and invite me so I can eat all of these!

Deborah — May 21, 2013 at 2:27 am

Unless you count family, I’ve never thrown a party at my house, either. But I sure do want to now – just so I can make these!!

katie — May 21, 2013 at 7:59 am

Wow these look spectacular. I’m opposite of you–I’ve thrown a ridiculous amount of parties at my home so much so that when I just recently met a neighbor down the street he made the comment that we are the “party house”. WTF?!?!? It’s not like its loud music and raging until 3am… they are dinner parties. In any event… get to hosting girlfriend! lol.

David @ Spiced — May 21, 2013 at 10:58 am

Wow…roasting strawberries? What an awesome idea! And I bet they go amazingly well with the goat cheese. I might have to make a batch of crostini this weekend now!

Kate | Food Babbles — May 21, 2013 at 7:17 pm

These are so lovely!! I can practically taste them. I adore goat cheese and strawberries together and here with bread, prosciutto and arugula… Well, I’m in heaven. Yum!

Diane {Created by Diane} — May 22, 2013 at 12:44 am

Roasted strawberries and prosciutto, YUM I think I’m in love!

Veronica — May 23, 2013 at 12:12 am

LOL! I feel you on the parties–let’s get on that shall we? I know you’d host an awesome summer barbecue! These are so elegant, I could totally see them gracing a baby shower table too. So gorgeous.

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — May 24, 2013 at 11:53 am

This looks nine-kinds of good! Your photos are completely stunning.

1. Pingback: Strawberries From My Garden (and 10 Ways to Eat Them) | Healthy Green Kitchen