{30 second} Peach Jalapeño Salsa Dog

This 30 second peach jalapeño salsa dog is the perfect weekend bbq dish. Sweet and spicy 30 second peach salsa piled high on grilled hot dogs. Who wouldn’t love that?

{30 second} Peach Jalapeño Salsa Dog by Nutmeg Nanny

I’m one of those freaky people who could easily eat hot dogs almost every single day. I like them fancy, plain and even traditional. I’m not picky when it comes to my dogs but one requirement is that they must be delicious.

Obviously.

{30 second} Peach Jalapeño Salsa Dog by Nutmeg Nanny

This simple 30 second peach jalapeño salsa is perfect atop perfectly grilled hot dogs and even eaten with tortilla chips…or a spoon. Whateves. Plus you only need 5 ingredients and you can made it a Vitamix (or Blendtec). Man I love that machine. These hot dogs are sweet, spicy and perfect for a warm summer night supper. Also, don’t skimp on that jalapeño. It’s what gives the dog it’s spicy zip.

* Early this year I worked with Hebrew National and I’m working with them again this month. Follow me on Instagram to see all my #99SummerDays photos. Although I should warn you that you will see a lot of pictures of my cats too. I can’t help it. I’m basically a crazy cat lady*

{30 second} Peach Jalapeño Salsa Dog by Nutmeg Nanny

{30 second} Peach Jalapeño Salsa Dog

This 30 second peach jalapeño salsa dog is the perfect weekend bbq dish. Sweet and spicy 30 second peach salsa piled high on grilled hot dogs. Who wouldn't love that?

Yield: 8 hot dogs

• 2 large ripe peaches, quartered
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half and seeded
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 1 package Hebrew National hot dogs
  • 1 package potato hot dog buns

In a high speed blender (I used my Vitamix...love!) or a food processor add peaches quarters, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, cilantro and salt.

Puree quickly (less than 30 seconds) to create a chunky salsa puree. Set aside while hot dogs cook.

Grill or boil your hot dogs, add to a bun and top with peach jalapeño salsa.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hebrew National via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hebrew National.

18 Responses to “{30 second} Peach Jalapeño Salsa Dog”

Jen @JuanitasCocina — August 7, 2013 at 9:51 am

I almost don’t even need the hot dog! Just a spoon!

Ruthy @ Omeletta — August 7, 2013 at 10:16 am

Don’t ever apologize for a love of hot dogs! I’m proud to be a freaky hot dog lover, too 🙂 This salsa looks killer, and gives me even more reason to covet a Vitamix!

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — August 7, 2013 at 10:50 am

I can take or leave hot dogs but this looks incredible!

Joanne — August 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I kind of want to spread that salsa all over everything! Love that sweet spicy mix.

Tracey — August 7, 2013 at 8:14 pm

What an amazing flavor combination! I just started buying peaches this month and seriously can’t get enough 🙂

Reeni — August 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I haven’t eaten one single hot dog yet this summer even though I love them. I LOVE the salsa! I want to smother some chicken in it after I eat a hot dog, of course!

Lucy Pireel — August 9, 2013 at 7:37 am

I think I will love these dogs. 🙂 Normally I don’t care much for hot dogs, but these and the crispy slaw ones … Well, I think you’ve converted me. 🙂

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — August 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I gotta tell you this salsa makes me want to eat a hot dog. I go years in between eating hot dogs, maybe I will just eat the salsa with a spoon!

Carrie @ poet in the pantry — August 11, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Simple yet delicious! Must make this soon–and I have all of that on hand! Love your twist on the old summer favorite. 🙂

carrian — August 13, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I WANT THAT. Freaking delicious hot dogs. YOU STOP POSTING YUMMY RECIPES! LOl. sorry for the yelling. I just cannot look at your site at night.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 14, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I could eat hot dogs every single day too! And that salsa – YES!

Bree (Skinny Mommy) — August 19, 2013 at 11:17 am

That salsa looks awesome and how creative to put it on a hot dog!

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — August 22, 2013 at 8:45 am

oh man! Im so in love with this salsa! It sounds so sweet, spicy and perfect. I love hotdogs too..my son eats them so much. Its hard to practice self control! lol

Denise — August 26, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Lady – you have me hooked! I have been itching for a hot dog, and this salsa sounds out of this world. Must make. Right?

1. Pingback: Nutmeg Nanny » Bananas Foster Milkshake