It should not be a surprise that I’m obsessed with kitchens. If you follow me on Pinterest you will see a whole board devoted to beautiful kitchen design and decoration. You will also see lots of pins for food and other randomness.
I was asked to work with Home Depot to put together a few dream kitchen ideas. Trust me, this was not a hard task. If I won the lottery tomorrow I’m pretty sure I could build my dream house by piecing together pictures I have pinned. I also feel like I would need at least 3 different kitchens just because I love so many different designs.
Look at this kitchen below. Is it not the prettiest????
Since I probably shouldn’t count on winning the lottery I need be a little more realistic with my kitchen dreams. Home Depot has three different options for your cabinets Replace, Reface and Renew. Three simple ways to work with just about any budget. This is great for someone like me – low budget but big dreams.
This is an older picture of my kitchen. A few things have changed (I no longer have that coffee pot or toaster oven and now it’s in place is Keurig and Vitamix) but the layout and design are the same.
So, what would I change about my kitchen.
- Cabinet color – It’s so boring and blah. Plus the wood just sorta blends into the wall color to create a really beige looking kitchen. I would LOVE a white kitchen because I feel like it would brighten up the kitchen a lot. The kitchen is positioned in the middle of the house so there is little natural light.
- Paint – I need to bring some color to my kitchen (and my house) by painting. Every normal person paints when they move into a new home. I just stare at the walls for 5 years and think to myself “I really hate this wall color. I need to paint.” The main reason I haven’t painted is because I’m scared to paint. I have never painted before I’m pretty sure I would just screw it up.
- Appliances – We bought our townhouse brand new so it came with new appliances. Sadly they were not really that great of appliances. The oven handle is constantly falling off. I’m able to screw it back in but it only lasts about a week (if I’m lucky) and then I go to grab cookies out of the oven and bam! The handle goes goes down to the floor and I’m faced with opening the oven by touching the hot metal on the side. It’s really annoying. I also really want a fridge that has an ice maker. It’s sort of a dream of mine. Obviously I don’t dream big.
- Pantry cabinet – You can’t see it in the pictures but there is a lot of dead space on the right side of my kitchen. Currently there I have a little cabinet that my father in law made but I think a nice matching pantry cabinet would be a nice addition. If you’re like me you could always use more storage space.
- Ceiling fan – I really want a ceiling fan in my kitchen. It get so hot in there sometimes I’m pretty sure I’m going to melt. We actually purchased a little one that can fit in our kitchen but we are not really the “handy” type. So we have no idea how to put that little support box thingy in the ceiling so the fan is currently just taking up room on my dining room floor.
- Backsplash – I really want a backsplash because I think it would add a nice design to the kitchen. I really love the way subtile looks in pictures but I think stone would be pretty too.
Now you have heard my current kitchen makeover ideas. Tell me, what would you like to change about your kitchen? Are you a fan of white kitchens or do you like a more natural wood look? If you want to see more dream kitchen inspiration (I’m talking lottery winning I can build a new house” kitchen inspiration) make sure to follow me on Pinterest.
Replace, Reface, ReNew are three options available ONLY at The Home Depot. Replace allows for full transformation of your kitchen cabinets with an array of choices from top brands. Reface is a perfect option to update your cabinets without a major renovation. And lastly, ReNew is ideal for consumers who want to give their existing cabinets a facelift without major disruptions and cost. And to complete your kitchen project, The Home Depot is your one stop shop for countertops, sinks, appliances, backsplashes and lighting.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by The Home Depot via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The Home Depot.