Parmesan Prosciutto Pizza

This delicious parmesan prosciutto pizza is packed full of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. Why order take out when you can easily make it at home?  Super simple and super delicious!

Growing up we never made pizza from scratch. We always just called up our local pizza place, placed our order and waiting impatiently for the door bell to ring. Then we would eat our weight in pizza and talk about how we can’t wait to it the next day for lunch. What can I say – we loved pizza.

As I typed that last paragraph I just had a memory pop into my head. When I was in high school my best friend and I would sometimes make Chef Boyardee pizza from a box. Did you know this exists? It’s a box that includes powdered dough mix, sauce and powdered cheese.

Basically it’s gross.

And weird.

I’m a little grossed out that I loved it as much as I did.

Please forgive me.

This delicious super cheesy parmesan prosciutto pizza is packed full of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. Why order take out when you can easily make it at home?

The good news about this pizza is that even though it takes a shortcut by using store bought dough it includes zero powdered dough mix or powdered sugar. So that immediately takes this pizza up to a whole new level.

I was inspired to make this pizza after my Regal Princess Caribbean cruise. One night we had a pizza dinner complete with hilarious stories, delicious food and a few glasses of wine. Their version used big slices of Parmesan cheese but I decided to use my grated Parmesan cheese since it’s what I had on hand.

Even though I didn’t do it this time around I think this pizza would be great with a big handful of arugula on top. That peppery bite with sharp salty pizza would be awesome together!

This delicious parmesan prosciutto pizza is packed full of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. Why order take out when you can easily make it at home?  The best part is that it's super simple and super delicious!

Looking for even more pizza recipes? Try my ratatouille pizza, gluten free chicken tikka masala pizza or my chicken souvlaki pizza.

Parmesan Prosciutto Pizza

Yield: 2-4 servings

• 1 pound pizza dough
  • 3/4 cup marinara sauce
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 6 thin slices prosciutto
  • 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.

Stretch out dough until it's almost the size of the pan. (If you let your dough rest at room temperature for a few hours it's easier to stretch)

Top with marinara sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and half the Parmesan cheese.

Place prosciutto on top of the cheese and top the prosciutto with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning.

Bake for about 18-20 minutes until dough is cooked and pizza is browned on top.

Let cool slightly and cut into slices.

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises. As always all opinions and non-sensical ramblings are 100% my own.

27 Responses to “Parmesan Prosciutto Pizza”

Medeja — April 24, 2015 at 6:04 am

Simple and delicious! Prosciutto and Parmesan definitely great combo!

Lauren @ Wicked Spatula — April 24, 2015 at 8:02 am

Prosciutto is definitely my favorite pizza topping. I could totally get down with some arugula on top and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar! So good!

Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom — April 24, 2015 at 8:13 am

One of my favorite things is Prosciutto. This pizza looks awesome and just in time for Friday night pizza night.

Yankee Kitchen Ninja (Julianne) — April 24, 2015 at 8:14 am

Isn’t it horrifying to think back on what we used to eat?!!! (And I, too, would add the arugula.)

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — April 24, 2015 at 8:25 am

Oh my!!! This looks so delicious! I’m a prosciutto fanatic, if I do say so myself. And I totally laughed at the part where you talked about Chef Boyardee. It’s always so nuts what we liked as kids, and then HATE now. HA!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — April 24, 2015 at 8:30 am

I tried to make pizza from a box when I first got married, it was a disaster! This totally made me laugh about that. I love making homemade pizza these days (without the box!) and you have me craving this one for breakfast!

Kathryn @ FoodieGirlChicago — April 24, 2015 at 9:15 am

I love pizza! This is such a nice simple option – love that used pre-made dough to make it an easy weeknight meal – I do that all that time.

Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files — April 24, 2015 at 9:43 am

I didn’t start making pizza from scratch until I started to date my husband and now its a routine date night in for us! And my pizza alwaysssss has prosciutto. Always. And I kinda shiver at the thought of the gross food we were fond of during our younger days….ew.

Kacey @ The Cookie Writer — April 24, 2015 at 9:59 am

My parent’s still do not make pizza from scratch. I love doing it and have convinced my brother and sister to start. We used to have some pretty disgusting meals we would eat that were basically instant… So I forgive you 🙂

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet.com — April 24, 2015 at 10:04 am

Oh my gosh we did those pizza doughs from the box!! That is so funny! This looks amazing!

heather @french press — April 24, 2015 at 10:19 am

well now this is just SO much better than take out or pizza from a box! we love adding prosciutto to our pizzas

Janel from NellieBellie — April 24, 2015 at 10:28 am

You and me= pizza party! With pj’s and the whole thing. This looks amazing!!

Kate @ Diethood — April 24, 2015 at 11:17 am

Have I told you how much I LOVE your food?! Yes, I have…and I’m tellin’ you again!! I LOOOOVE YOUR FOOD! This pizza looks in.sane! Just incredible!

Christine — April 24, 2015 at 11:39 am

I heart prosciutto! And pizza!

Renee — April 24, 2015 at 11:53 am

YUM! I love prosciutto! I’ll give this a try very soon!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — April 24, 2015 at 2:42 pm

My Friday night needs this pizza!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — April 24, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Oh this is just lovely! I love all of the spices on top!

Catherine — April 24, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Dear Brandy, Nothing compares to homemade slice of pizza. This sounds so good! xo, Catherine

Jennifer Stewart — April 24, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I love pizza and these flavors are spot on! Making this for my next get together!!

Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats — April 24, 2015 at 6:41 pm

This looks like my new friday night tradition girl! LOVE it!

heather | girlichef — April 24, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I’m “scared” that I would eat that whole thing all by myself. And yeah, that pizza mix in a box in a box is ick.

Abigail — April 24, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Parmesan and prosciutto, yes please! This pizza looks absolutely delish! Pinned, too.

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — April 25, 2015 at 12:56 am

I am loving everything about this pizza! Parmesan and prosciutto are one of my favorite things to snack on with a glass of wine. i love that you’ve made it into a pizza!

Elizabeth — April 25, 2015 at 5:27 am

Oh, wow – I’m drooling over this. What a fun date night meal. The arugula would top it off perfectly.

1. Pingback: Apple Butter Blue Cheese Pancetta Pizza | Nutmeg Nanny