Zucchini Corn Feta Pizza

This zucchini corn feta pizza is the perfect way to say goodbye to summer. Packed full of fresh vegetable flavor, cheesy feta and fresh herbs all on a whole wheat crust.

On Monday we hit a record high for New York – 95 degrees. It’s pretty much stayed in the 90’s this whole week and I’m totally over it. I’m dying for some fall weather so I can burn my fall cinnamon smelling candles, open my windows and maybe rock out a few pairs of my awesome new printed leggings.

However, as much as I want fall I don’t want to say goodbye to summer produce. I live for summer corn, zucchini, peaches and every other fresh delicious fruit and vegetable. As soon as fall comes I get giddy for apples but then realize that means it will be followed up by pumpkins and then snow. Ugh. Snow. The only thing that gets me through winter is the 4000 eggnog lattes I order from Starbucks. Then I get depressed I drank that many calories, then I turn another year older in February, then March comes and I think to myself “we’ve finally hit March! That means winter is almost over!” then a big snow storm hits (because mother nature hates me) and I get depressed again and then FINALLY April comes and all I can think about is warm weather and summer.

Then I repeat this whole vicious cycle because I’m a crazy person.

Since you now know how my crazy mind works I’m going to just assume that most of you feel the same way…right?

I mean wouldn’t summer produce with cool fall air and pumpkin spice lattes be ahhhhhmazing? You know you want to say yes.

zucchini corn feta pizza-4

This pizza is pretty much my last “hoorah!” to summer. It’s a delicious whole wheat crust spread with a ricotta herb mixture and then topped with fresh summer corn, zucchini, broccoli raab, red onion, feta cheese, crushed red pepper and a sprinkling of mozzarella. It’s so perfect that I ate almost the whole thing for lunch.

I probably could have finished it if I wanted too but I didn’t feel the need to power through just for a random lunch. Plus there is that whole “overeating is bad for you” thing.

I also snapped this pretty pictures of my sunflowers while I was shooting this pizza. It really has no point in this post except for the fact that I love it and wanted to share.

Aren’t sunflowers just the best?

Looking for more pizza recipes? Try my roasted garlic chicken pizza, Parmesan prosciutto pizza or my chicken souvlaki pizza.

Zucchini Corn Feta Pizza

Yield: 2-4 servings

• 1 pound raw whole wheat pizza dough
  • 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1 cup small diced zucchini, lightly sautéed
  • 3/4 cup sweet corn kernels
  • 1/3 cup diced red onion
  • 8 small pieces broccoli raab
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • Fresh cracked black pepper

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat liner.

Spread out dough onto lined baking sheet until stretched out and almost the size of the pan.

In a small bowl mix together ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread over the dough leaving a 1 inch crust around the dough. Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.

Top the pizza with zucchini, sweet corn kernels, red onion, broccoli raab, crumbled feta, crushed red pepper and remaining mozzarella cheese.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the crust is fully baked and the top of the pizza is lightly browned.

Top with a fresh grinds of fresh black pepper and serve while hot.

27 Responses to “Zucchini Corn Feta Pizza”

allie @ Through Her Looking Glass — September 10, 2015 at 8:28 am

So now I must absolutely have an eggnog latte from Starbucks! How have I missed out on that utter deliciousness? That and your gorgeous corn feta pizza. The bomb. That and your sunflowers.. 🙂 Have a beautiful day!

Ali @ Home & Plate — September 10, 2015 at 8:28 am

I love fresh veggies on a pizza especially corn. This is a great way to use those veggies from the garden. Looks delish!

Jessica @ Stuck On Sweet — September 10, 2015 at 9:23 am

I love everything about this pizza and I am so holding onto Summer, too! I love Fall but Summer being over just means we are getting closer to winter – yuck! BUT this pizza screams Summer and I love everything about it!

Kristina — September 10, 2015 at 9:32 am

we enjoyed corn on pizza a couple times this summer… I swear I had the best corn of MY LIIIIIFE this year. this looks so good, overeating be damned!

Julie — September 10, 2015 at 10:26 am

Wow, that is the most depressing (and accurate) description of winter. At least we have the holidays to add some brightness to the season!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — September 10, 2015 at 11:06 am

I am definitely not ready for all of the summer produce to leave, but could go for some cooler weather! I just recently had corn on a pizza, and it was amazing. Can’t wait to try this!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — September 10, 2015 at 11:44 am

95! That’s a little too warm for September. I’m like you and I’m torn between not wanting everything I love about summer to end and also wanting to bust out the cinnamon and pumpkin candles and my favorite legging and sweatshirt. This pizza looks so awesome and I just happen to have another zucchini from my garden that needs to be used!

Jameson Fink — September 10, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I love fresh corn on pizza. Probably something as a kid I’d find weird, but as an adult I love thinking of a pizza as a blank canvas for whatever’s in season.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — September 10, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I love this because Michigan (as you know) is still very much immersed in summer product like corn and zucchini! yes please!

lauren Kelly Nutrition — September 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm

This is my kind of pizza! I am with you, I am ready for boots, jeans, sweater and red wine 🙂 I can’t wait to make this pizza!!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — September 10, 2015 at 6:13 pm

I love zucchini and corn together and want to hold onto summer food for as long as possible! This pizza needs to happen!

Dee Dee (My Midlife Kitchen) — September 10, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I LOVE this! So pretty, and likely so delicious! And as for the sunflowers, I actually drove past a huge field filled with them last weekend. So pretty! I don’t blame you for posting the picture! :o)

Holly @ 3 Yummy Tummies — September 10, 2015 at 8:43 pm

I am right with you on being ready to rock the fall wardrobe and have a latte. I love that you have used healthier ingredients here. This looks delicious!

Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen — September 10, 2015 at 9:40 pm

That top photo nearly did me in 🙂 I can’t get enough zucchini and sweet corn and love them together. This is perfection!

Jessica (Savory Experiments) — September 10, 2015 at 9:42 pm

My family would love this! I can see making it while we are all watching football.

Joanne — September 10, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Losing summer corn is pretty much going to make me CRY this year! Tragic. This 95 degree weather can go, though. I know today was technically cooler but the HUMIDITY. No. Just no.

This pizza COULD make up for the crazy weather this week…and that says a lot.

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] — September 11, 2015 at 9:22 am

Oh how I love your photography! This looks DIVINE! I have everything to make it – I want to try this weekend!

OM Chef — September 11, 2015 at 10:34 am

Beautiful pics and a fabulous flavor combo especially with the hearty wholewheat crust. You’ve inspired me, I think I will make two and freeze one…or maybe frozen mini

Maryanne @ the little epicurean — September 11, 2015 at 12:49 pm

I’m visiting NYC next week and I’m hoping the temperature cools down by there. I’m hoping to escape the 100s here in LA!! I totally feel you on the summer produce. I’ll be sad when I can no longer buy fresh corn. In the meantime, more summer pizza! 🙂

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — September 11, 2015 at 1:24 pm

You know, My husband is a pizza crazed person. Like he could eat it all the time and I’m just kinda like yeah it’s ok…normally… But seeing this pizza just turned me into the biggest pizza lover ever! Pinning it now because I’m either making this Sunday or Monday night! I’m all about summer produce too but I love winter and fall! Can I just have fall with Halloween and summer produce? haha

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — September 11, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Sunflowers are the best. I don’t understand why anyone would want roses when they could have sunflowers. They’re the cheeriest of all flowers! You look at them and instantly get happy. The pizza would make me happy, too. 😀

Martha @ A Family Feast — September 11, 2015 at 5:55 pm

We’ve been having super hot weather this week in Boston too! This pizza is a much better last hurrah than a heat wave!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — September 11, 2015 at 11:17 pm

95 in Sept – it’s time for fall time!! And moaarrr pizza!!

Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) — September 12, 2015 at 7:38 am

That’s a gorgeous photo of your sunflowers. So glad you shared it just because. Also, this pizza looks amazing and takes advantage of all my favorite summery veggies. I must try it soon.

Andi @ The Weary Chef — September 12, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I love what you’ve got going on here. Such a great summer dish, and pizza is always better with feta!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — September 15, 2015 at 10:23 pm

I’m obsessed with this pizza! It’s like all of my current cravings rolled into one plate of deliciousness.

Sue|theviewfromgreatisland — September 29, 2015 at 1:16 pm

I just love all the flavors in this–such a perfect goodbye to summer!