Blueberry Lemon Thyme Muffins

These blueberry lemon thyme muffins are topped with a crunchy streusel and packed full of delicious blueberries. You will love how easy these muffins are to make!

This post is sponsored by friends at Anolon. As always all opinions are 100% my own.

I’m one of those “you better be giving me protein with my breakfast or you will feel the wrath of a thousand burning suns” kind of person. I have recently started eating breakfast and this is basically what I have learned about myself. However, I’m still one of those “OMG CARBS” people too. So this usually means my meal is half carbs half all. the. protein. I also like to throw in a healthy dose of vegetables because it’s always smart to eat your vegetables.

Don’t worry – I got my fruit in by eating these blueberry lemon thyme muffins. Fruit + carbs = YES!

I also jazzed up these muffins by adding in a little thyme. I know it’s not a typical muffins addition but trust me, you’ll love it! Oh and these muffins are crazy full of lemon flavor. Not only did I put lemon zest in the streusel topping and muffins I also added in lemon extract! Plus I got to use my spiffy new Anolon muffin pan!

In the past I was cursed with an old janky muffin tin that has finally made it’s way to the dump. This new pan is my muffin pan dreams come true. It has little rubberized grips and it come with a pretty little top that makes transferring these muffins a breeze. Although if you’re like me you won’t be sharing these muffins because you’re stingy and they’re too good to share.

Or you could do the whole “sharing is caring” thing. Whateves.

Ok so what have we learned with this post? Muffins are great. Muffins are grand. Muffins are something you should make this weekend. Specifically these muffins.

Looking for more delicious muffin recipes? Try my lemon chia seed muffins, graham flour apple coffee cake muffins or my sweet potato and fig muffins.

Blueberry Lemon Thyme Muffins

• 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries

For glaze:

• 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

29 Responses to “Blueberry Lemon Thyme Muffins”

Christie — March 31, 2016 at 8:16 am

I want carbs in the afternoon about 3 pm. This muffin would be perfect with my cup of tea.

Marye — March 31, 2016 at 8:20 am

The ultimate muffins! I need these in my life, right alongside my coffee. Perfection!

Citra Kale @Citra's Home Diary — March 31, 2016 at 8:34 am

You make me drooling with your muffin… I want to try your version with thyme as you said.. love it!

Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) — March 31, 2016 at 8:47 am

These muffins sound wonderful — I love that you use thyme in them too. It goes so well with lemon!

Melissa Falk — March 31, 2016 at 10:01 am

I love that you added thyme to this recipe. Do you find it enhances the lemony taste?

Joanne — March 31, 2016 at 10:02 am

I’m on an ALL THE BERRIES kick, so definitely getting a stash of these muffins onto my counter…and maybe into my freezer to warm up for breakfasts when after baby comes!

Florian @ContentednessCooking — March 31, 2016 at 10:15 am

Those look amazing! Would you mind me if I replace the butter with coconut oil? to make it vegan!

heather @french press — March 31, 2016 at 10:57 am

I am a total carb addict, but in the morning I have to have protein also 🙂 wishing I had a muffin or two to go with my fruit and hard boiled egg today

Catherine — March 31, 2016 at 10:59 am

Dear Brandy, your muffins look absolutely magnificent. I love the lemon and thyme together..what a beautiful combination. These are a perfect springtime treat. xo, Catherine

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — March 31, 2016 at 11:30 am

That streusel topping looks incredible! I’d love to start my morning with one of these muffins!

Medha — March 31, 2016 at 11:51 am

I love the lemon and blueberry flavor combination, and I’ve seen lemon and thyme together once or twice, but never tried it- these muffins are the perfect way to combine all those spring flavors 🙂 I also love the crumb topping! Pinned.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) — March 31, 2016 at 12:13 pm

These muffins are a thing of beauty.

Lynne | 365 Days of Baking and More — March 31, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Oh, Brandy, these muffins – I love that they’re SO full of blueberries!! I have the Anolon cookware set and LOVE it, so I can only imagine how great this muffin pan is. I’ll definitely have to pick one up, so I can make these babies!

Peabody (Culinary Concoctions by Peabody) — March 31, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Oh I love the use of the thyme in there! Great looking muffins.

Alida — March 31, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Look at those gorgeous muffins with all those blueberries…wow! What a delicious flavor combination too!

The Food Hunter — March 31, 2016 at 4:50 pm

the thyme in this sounds perfect!

Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish — March 31, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I adore a good blueberry muffin. And agree… BALANCE WITH THE PROTEIN, so I’m not hungry/crashing approximately 52 minutes later.

Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish — March 31, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Becky Hardin | The Cookie Rookie — March 31, 2016 at 8:15 pm

These look wonderful…I love using fresh blueberries

Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens — March 31, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Oh, wow! I don’t even know where to start! So many things to rave about here! These are just gorgeous, and blueberry and lemon are always terrific together, but the addition of thyme is a masterful idea! And mmmmmmm … the crunchy streusel topping looks fantastic!

Meg @ With Salt and Wit — March 31, 2016 at 11:13 pm

I can mark my morning complete with this breakfast!

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — April 1, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Blueberry-Lemon…anything makes me happy! I want to pick some of the crumble right off of the top! Loving your addition of Thyme to these pretty muffins Brandy!

Angie | BigBearswife — April 1, 2016 at 1:05 pm

I’m totally an OMG Carbs kind of person and I love these! Ok so I’m awful about eating breakfast but I NEED these!

Andi @ The Weary Chef — April 1, 2016 at 1:49 pm

These muffins are divine! I love blueberries! And the added thyme sounds fantastic! Can’t wait to try!!

Matthew From Nomageddon — April 1, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Whoa! These muffins look perfect for spring thyme! Get it? Spring thyme….

Cookin Canuck — April 1, 2016 at 7:01 pm

I am definitely a protein-at-breakfast person too, but could easily make an exception for these gorgeous muffins. Lemon and thyme – love.

Rachel Cooks — April 2, 2016 at 2:08 pm

HOLY COW! That crumb is calling my name and I adore the addition of thyme.

Lori @ RecipeGirl — April 2, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Lemon and blueberry is one of my favorite spring combos! I will be making these for my family this spring.

Emily @ Life on Food — April 3, 2016 at 5:24 am

These look divine. Muffins win every time with me in the morning. And the streusel is amazing. I would be picking a piece off one by one to savour every bite.