Holiday Spiced Mulled Wine

This holiday spiced mulled wine is just what your holiday party needs! Full of red wine, apple cider, whole spices and lots of fresh fruit. You’ll love how cozy you’ll feel sipping on a mug of this deliciousness.

This holiday spiced mulled wine is just what your holiday party needs! Full of red wine, apple cider, whole spices and lots of fresh fruit. You'll love how cozy you'll feel sipping on a mug of this deliciousness.

This post is sponsored by American Kitchen Cookware! As always all opinions are my own.

It snowed last week. No.

Although I guess if I had a glass of this holiday spiced mulled wine I MIGHT not have been so annoyed. That’s a lie. I probably would have been annoyed BUT I would have been a lot happier because this holiday spiced mulled wine is awwwwwwwwsome! I mean to be fair I’m pretty much on board with anything that involves wine. I’m such a sucker for those boozy little grapes.

Ohhhhh you guys! I totally almost forgot. We adopted another cat!!! Her name is Cinnamon and we are calling her Cyn for short. She is a Torbie and she is awesome. She got her teeth cleaned today (which involves anesthesia) so she is currently staring at the wall like a complete weirdo BUT I have hopes she will be normal in the morning. Although I’m slightly annoyed at the shelter we adopted her from. When we got her they said she was probably somewhere around 3-5 years old. As soon as my vet saw her she was all “ummm, there is no way this cat is 3-5 years old. Honestly, she is probably more like 10 years old.” Um, what? I’m not going to take her back (I’m not a monster and I already love her) but WHAT THE HECK! I know aging a cat isn’t an exact science but COME ON! Being off by that many years is sorta misleading. I’m debating calling the shelter and letting them know.

We’ll see.

Here is a picture of her adorable face. She is seriously soooooo sweet! Plus her little orange spot on the top of her head makes me swoon.

Now you know I’ve been working with American Kitchen this year and this beautiful little libation was made for them and (as previously discussed!) you’ll love it! I used their 6-quart premium stainless steel stock pot and it was the perfect size for this cocktail. PLUS this handles stay cool – YES!

{Looking for more wine based cocktails? Try my honeycrisp apple sangria, slow cooker spiced mulled wine, Thanksgiving sangria, gluhwein or my pomegranate lime white wine spritzer.}

Spiced Mulled Wine

Yield: 6 servings

• 2 bottles of dry or semi-sweet red wine
  • 1/2 cup apple cider
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • 6 whole cloves
  • 5 whole star anise
  • 3 whole cinnamon sticks
  • 1 cup fresh cranberries
  • 2 oranges, sliced
  • 2 apples, sliced

15 Responses to “Holiday Spiced Mulled Wine”

Tori//Gringalicious — November 2, 2016 at 7:17 am

How delicious! Omg, I can nearly smell the spices now!

Stephanie — November 2, 2016 at 3:32 pm

I feel cozy just looking at the pictures!

Alyssa | EverydayMaven — November 2, 2016 at 4:06 pm

I am just imagining how amazing that makes the house smell!

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — November 2, 2016 at 4:10 pm

This looks fabulous! Cheers!

The Food Hunter — November 2, 2016 at 4:57 pm

The cat is precious!

Lora @savoringitaly — November 2, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Awwww…what a cute kitty! I found out my adopted cat was a boy after they said she was a girl! Love this holiday spiced wine!!!

Patricia @ Grab a Plate — November 2, 2016 at 9:11 pm

What a pretty baby! Good for you! This mulled wine is so pretty – can’t believe I’ve never tried making it before – sounds easy, too!

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — November 2, 2016 at 11:36 pm

I love this! What a perfect holiday drink! It reminds me of Clarence in It’s A Wonderful Life 🙂

Melanie | Melanie Makes — November 2, 2016 at 11:50 pm

Not only does this wine look absolutely delicious – your photos! – but your new furry one is adorable!

Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama — November 3, 2016 at 8:17 am

Awwwww…. congrats on your sweet new to you kitty! 🙂 And this spiced wine?? YES! I will definitely be making this for my annual Christmas cookie baking party. 😉 I bet it makes the house smell amazing too.

Jessica | The Novice Chef — November 3, 2016 at 11:08 am

Cheers! This looks so amazing! Perfect for a chilly evening! Cyn is adorable! Congrats on the new addition!

Ashley @ wishes and dishes — November 3, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Oh yes! Bring on this mulled wine and the snow! Just kidding – do NOT bring on the snow….nooooo.

Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — November 4, 2016 at 7:46 am

Your new kitty is the cutest! I saw her on “gotcha” day when you posted on FB….and even if she’s 10 she still has lots of snuggles left to give. This mulled cider though….perfect timing because it’s FINALLY getting cold here, again. 🙂

Kirsten/ComfortablyDomestic — November 4, 2016 at 11:12 am

Aww! Cyn is completely adorable. I once adopted a dog that I was told was 2-3 years old. Once the vet saw her, he recognized her and pulled her chart from the previous owners. She was 9!! I’d still let the shelter know how far off they were–not that anything can be done about it, but maybe they’ll dial it back a bit with future adoptions.

Christine — November 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I’ve never had wine like this. The flavors sound wonderful! And I’m not ready for snow!!!