I’m so excited to post about this giveaway and recipe. This, my fellow readers, is my very first recipe that I’m submitting for an actual cooking contest…wish me luck 🙂 Some time ago the fine people at Saucey Mama contacted me about entering their contest. They would send me some of their sauces and my creative mind would be allowed to make anything I wanted as long as it was a party food that could feed up to twelve.
What is better for a party than quesadillas? They are quick to make, easy to hold and always a crowd pleaser. I decided to take advantage of the awesome chipotle products they had and ran with it. My fantastic friend Faith, of the the blog An Edible Mosaic, helped me come up with some ideas so I have to throw out a huge thank you to her for helping get my creative juices flowing 😉 I originally was going to turn this into a taquito which I still think is a great idea but I hate the idea of having to fry up all those treats while guests are either at the party or even before. There is nothing more pungent than the smell of fried food and oil. That just doesn’t seem like the smell I want people to smell when they enter my house for a party…you know?
Lime Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas:
10 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
Saucy Mama Chipotle Mustard
1 red bell pepper – cubed
1 yellow onion – cubed
1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
1/2 bag frozen corn
5 tablespoons Saucy Mama Lime Chipotle Marinade – divided
1 bag Mexican Cheese mix
Small corn tortillas
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon chipotle mustard
Tabasco sauce – to taste (I found four dashes to be perfect)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Layout chicken tenders on a baking sheet
– Slather tenders with Saucy Mama Chipotle Mustard
– Cook for approximately 25 minutes until tenders are fully cooked
– Set aside to cool
– Put a little olive oil in a large high sided pan and heat
– Cube red peppers and onions and cook in heated oil
– Gently saute but do not brown
– After the vegetables are soft add one can of drained and rinsed black beans and 6oz. of frozen corn niblets
– Gently stir until beans and corn are warmed through
– Add 2 tablespoons of the Saucy Mama Lime Chipotle marinade to vegetables, mix and set aside
– Shred cooled chicken and pour 3 tablespoons of Saucy Mama Lime Chiptole marinade on top and toss to evenly distribute marinade through chicken
– Add marinated shredded chicken to vegetable pan and toss.
– Butter one side of two corn tortillas. Put cheese on the bottom of the quesadilla, fill with a little more than 1/2 cup filling, and put cheese on top of the quesadilla. The cheese helps hold the quesadilla together
– Cook in medium heat pan until bottom is brown and gently turn over and cook the other side until brown (make sure cheese has started to melt or your filling will fall out when you attempt to flip the quesadilla)
– Cut into quarters and serve with Saucy Mama Chipotle dipping sauce
– This recipe will serve enough for a large party. I would recommend halving the recipe if you are only feeding a small family.
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon Saucy Mama chipotle mustard
Tabasco sauce – to taste
Combine ingredients, mix and enjoy.