These pork chops au Poivre are smothered in a homemade peppered sherry cream sauce and cooked until perfection. The best part is that it’s ready in 30 minutes!
This post once again is for my brother Rob. I’m hoping he finds this delicious 🙂
The thing I most liked about this recipe is that it was easy, delicious, and not overly time-consuming.
I doubled the sauce portion of the recipe because I knew that I would like to pour more sauce on my pork than the directions called for.
I paired this hearty recipe with homemade buttermilk mashed potatoes and baked green beans. Deliciously filling.
More pork recipes
- Love pork with fruit? Try my Skillet Pork Tenderloin with Plums.
- Craving a tasty taco? Try my Ground Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa.
- Want a big flavorful dinner? Try my Ground Pork Chinese Chili.
- Need cheesy pasta and pulled pork all in one? Try my Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese.
- 1 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) bone-in rib pork chops
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup medium-dry Sherry
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Coarsely crush peppercorns by gently pounding once or twice with a heavy skillet.
- Pat chops dry and sprinkle both sides evenly with salt and peppercorns, pressing to help them adhere.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook 2 pork chops, turning over once, until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total.
- Transfer to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Cook remaining 2 chops in remaining tablespoon oil in the same manner, transferring to plate. (Do not wipe out the skillet after the second batch.)
- Add Sherry to skillet and boil, scraping up any brown bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add cream and any meat juices accumulated on the plate, then boil, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and serve over chops.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.