Top Ten of 2011

new_years_eve_toast-3644

I can’t believe it’s almost time for another year to start.  Sometimes it seems that the years just fly by.  When I was a kid I felt like time stood still. Everything took forever.  The older I get the more I realize how wrong I was when I was a kid.  Time flies.

This year will be a big one for me.  Back in September Mr. Nutmeg Nanny and I became engaged. That means that this upcoming year I will be getting married.  Emotions have already started getting out of control.  I’m feeling nervous, excited and scared.  I’m fairly certain this is all normal.

I’m also turning 30 this year. I’m feeling the exact same way as above. I’m fairly certain that is normal as well.

White Banner - Copy

NYE - Copy

Since I’m hoping to take it easy this week I decided to put together a little roundup.  I’m going to showcase off my Top Ten recipes of 2011.  Why are these specific recipes in the top ten? Well, because they are the ones that have received the most traffic this year.

NYE1

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years Eve! And remember. Never ever drink and drive!

Enjoy!

Have you tried any of these recipes? If not, which one would you try first?

10 – Adult Hot Chocolate

This drink was a big favorite of mine for the 2010 holiday season.  Obviously you all loved it too!

Adult Hot Chocolate

9 – Gingerbread Martini

This creamy and delicious drink is another showstopper for the holiday season.

Gingerbread Martini

8 – Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

Not only is this meal simple it’s equally delicious! This would be a great dish to make on New Years Day morning.

Baked-Oatmeal-4

7 – Poblano Macaroni and Cheese

This mac and cheese seems to really make people happy.  I was lucky enough to get to sample The Homesick Texan cookbook before it came out and this recipe was one I made from the book.

Poblano Macaroni and Cheese

6 – Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken

I love how simple this dinner dish comes together. I’m so happy all of you love it too!

Honey-Spiced-Glazed-Chicken-Thighs-1

5 – Spinach, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette

I ate this salad almost daily over the summer. I had a slight obsession with salads and strawberries.

Spinach Salad

4 – Vanilla Spiced Apples

This is one of those easy dishes that I almost didn’t share! It was delicious over French toast and even better over ice cream.

Vanilla-Spiced-Apples-2

3 – Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies

When I made this brownies my frosting to brownie ration was a bit off. I didn’t really mind though. Who can’t use a little frosting in their life?

Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies

2 – Honeycrisp Apple Sangria

While this sangria is perfect for the fall it will easily work year round. Plus the cinnamon sugar rim is super delicious!

Honeycrisp Apple Sangria

1 – Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

This recipe has been a HUGE success.  In fact, in just seven months I have had over one million visitors to this recipe.  When I made this up I knew it would be delicious but I had no idea you would all love it so much!

Cheesecake-Stuffed-Strawberries-1

21 Responses to “Top Ten of 2011”

Cassie — December 28, 2011 at 5:37 pm

That salad looks amazing. I’m on this major goat cheese kick!

Rachel — December 28, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Haha love the pics! 🙂 can’t wait to hear more about your wedding plans. Honestly I’m not sure where I’d start with those recipes. I want them all!!! I can see why they were in the top ten

hungryandfrozen — December 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Ahhh! I forgot about those stuffed strawberries. And now they’re in season here, woohoo! Strawberries with cream cheese and in salads for the whole summer!

Cathy @ Savory Notes — December 28, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Your pictures are so cute!! And dear god why haven’t I tried that poblano macaroni and cheese yet? It looks so good!

Erica — December 28, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Oww! I have extra nutella! Must make those brownies- cant wait to read about ur wedding!

Taco Tuesday — December 29, 2011 at 11:37 am

What a fun round up! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see the top recipes we may have missed! Can’t wait to try that mac n’ cheese and the glazed chicken!

Lenore — December 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I’m a total sucker for mac & cheese so I’d dive into that poblano version first off. I’ve got to say, though, your cocktail recipes are always making me wish I could drink! Happy happy new year to you, chica!

Deborah — December 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I love seeing everyone’s top 10 recipes! I am determined to make that mac and cheese this coming year!

Joanne — December 29, 2011 at 8:36 pm

mac and cheese followed by peanut butter nutella brownie heaven. Want. now.

Congrats on having such an awesome year!

Veronica Miller — December 30, 2011 at 2:30 am

Wow, your stuffed strawberries are like my cake pops! People love cute foods like this, and honestly, I love your strawberries (a very creative concoction!) way more than cake pops. They are so worthy of popularity! happy new year!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — December 30, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Such a fabulous, delicious year. I think I’ve bookmarked many of these to try. I need to get busy. I know the new year is going to be a fabulous one for you!

Magic of Spice — December 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Congratulations on your engagement and wishing you a fantastic 2012!

Megan's Cookin' — December 30, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Happy New Year! Love the round up and I think I need the Honey crisp sangria and that chicken! 🙂

Kerstin — December 30, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Aww, such cute pics – Happy New Year!

And yum, your gingerbread martinis sound fabulous!

Winnie — December 31, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Love all the pics, and your top 10 all look great. Here’s to more “get togethers” in 2012…Happy New Year 🙂

Joyti — January 1, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Now, I’ll have to check out that adult hot chocolate…sounds amazing.
    And the baked blueberry oatmeal, yum!

Lyndsey@TheTinySkillet — January 2, 2012 at 11:46 am

Looks like a great top ten to me…yum!

Lisa — January 2, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Awesome round-up. I’m partcularly in lust with the poblano mac and cheese, the peanut butter-nutella brownies and the cheesecake stuffed strawberries are genius. Happy New Year and if I didn’t already congratulate you, congratulations on your engagement!

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — January 2, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Happy New Year sweets! I’m so happy that we’ve gotten to know each other these past few months. Love you and your blog! 🙂

xoxo
    Heather

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — January 2, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Happy New Year to you! What a great round up. You have a big 2012 coming up, congratulations!

Kaen — January 5, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Fantastic round-up…all of these recipes sound great. But what I love most of all are the photos of you drinking that ginormous beer! Ha!