Blackberry & Goat Cheese Pizza

I’m at it again. I’m loving me some fruit on my pizza…I can’t help it! Who’s with me?

Creamy goat cheese (you know I love my goat cheese!) is paired with sweet blackberries and fresh lemon thyme from my potted herb garden. Also, I would like to take this moment to give myself a high-five. I haven’t killed my herb garden yet…hooray! Although, my plants were looking a little weak today. I forgot to water them on Sunday and some of mint got a little crispy. Let’s say a prayer for the leaves we lost and hope new ones grow fast!

I threw this little pizza together for lunch one afternoon but it would make a great appetizer or summer brunch. I think it would go perfectly with a sparkly glass of white wine.

Also, on a totally superficial level, doesn’t this pie just look pretty? We could all use a little pretty in our lives…right?

Have you ever tried fruit on your pizza? What’s your favorite fruity topping?

Blackberry and Goat Cheese Pizza

16 ounces pizza dough
Cornmeal
Olive oil
8 ounces goat cheese
1/2 pint blackberries
Fresh lemon thyme
Fresh cracked pepper

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

Let dough reach room temperature and divide in half. Sprinkle a little corn meal on parchment lined baking sheet and pull out dough to create a small pizza. Do this with both pieces of dough.

Drizzle each pie with olive oil. Using a pastry brush spread it evenly over the dough. Top each pie with 4 ounces goat cheese and a few blackberries. Sprinkle with fresh lemon thyme and fresh cracked pepper.

Bake for 18 minutes until cheese is melted and dough is cooked through.

Enjoy!

18 Responses to “Blackberry & Goat Cheese Pizza”

Kathryn — July 18, 2012 at 6:22 am

You have me craving pizza really badly now…this is such an awesome combination of flavours!

Erica @ In and Around Town — July 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

This sounds absolutely amazing! I love the combination of goat cheese (and anything really) but blackberries for this time of year!

Cassie — July 18, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I very well may be having this for dinner tonight. Looks and sounds incredible Brandy! I adore goat cheese with fruit!

Samantha — July 18, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I am loving the fruit on pizza thing. Joe and I are going to grill pizza soon and I convinced him to let me put fruit on it. I can’t wait. I also want to put fruit in pasta. Uh yum!

Living The Sweet Life — July 18, 2012 at 12:21 pm

*faint* I’m so in love with the flavours, and look of this pizza. YUM! I love fruit on my pizza, figs … grilled peaches … cranberries … mmmmm, dinner anyone?

Mal @ The Chic Geek — July 18, 2012 at 12:22 pm

This sounds lovely! I love the combination of goat cheese with fruit, so wonderful

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 18, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Your crust looks heavenly

Aggie — July 18, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Oh my heaven!! What an amazing combination of flavors going on here! Love this so much!

Joanne — July 18, 2012 at 8:54 pm

If there’s one thing I love on pizza it’s goat cheese. And if there’s one thing I love with my goat cheese it’s fruit! So by some weird logic law that I learned in high school, I’m sure…I love this pizza!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm

This is the prettiest pizza ever!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 20, 2012 at 7:58 am

This is so lovely! Love the combo of the goat cheese and berries. You have me dreaming up all sorts of different fruits that I want to put on a pizza now, too. :)

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — July 20, 2012 at 10:31 am

I’ve put blueberries on pizza before, now it’s time for blackberries!!

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — July 20, 2012 at 11:06 am

I’ve never really put fruit on my pizza, but I’d like to give you a high five too. Because blackberries are my favorite berry, goat cheese is the BOMB, and I also love using fresh thyme from my pot garden. It’s like you made this pizza for me!

grace — July 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

i’m not sure how i feel about this, as goat cheese and i have had our problems in the past. it seems like i either love it or i feel like i’m putting foot mold in my mouth. regardless of my issues, this is a beautiful pizza!

rebecca — July 20, 2012 at 10:23 pm

wow this looks outstanding I saw it on pinterest and admired it :-)

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking — July 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm

i love goat cheese on my pizza but never tried adding berries. what a brilliant idea!

Nicole — August 11, 2012 at 11:26 pm

This looks like what I want for my midnight snack tonight!

Diane — May 6, 2013 at 2:13 am

Just tried making this for the first time tonight. Absolutely loved it! Definitely satisfied my goat cheese craving. Was thinking it might be fun to try adding peaches (or nectarines) in the summer! Thanks for sharing!