Grapefruit Rosemary Sage Spritzer {Mocktail}

This simple grapefruit rosemary sage spritzer recipe is made with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and a rosemary sage simply syrup.

Grapefruit Rosemary and Sage Spritzer by Nutmeg Nanny

Today is a special day. My dear sweet friend Audra from The Baker Chick (also my partner in crime for Pie Week) is having a sweet baby boy. A few blogger friends have gotten together to throw a virtual baby shower. While most people brought dessert I opted for a cocktail…well mocktail. Don’t worry, I’m not feeding booze to a pregnant lady.

I’m not a monster.

audra-baby-shower

If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting Audra in person you will know that she is one of the most kind people in the world. Besides being beyond gorgeous she is sweet, outgoing and will make you feel comfortable in 30 seconds flat. The first time I met Audra we drove to Vermont together and I’m pretty sure in the first 5 minutes we were friends.

Congratulations friend! You’re going to make an amazing mom.

Grapefruit Rosemary and Sage Spritzer by Nutmeg Nanny

This sweet spritzer brings together fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, seltzer water and a touch of homemade rosemary sage simple syrup. Can we talk about my love for this simple syrup? Why are herbs so amazingly delicious? My next plan is to add a little bit of this syrup to a classic gin and tonic.

Now I want a cocktail.

Sorry Audra.

Grapefruit Rosemary and Sage Spritzer {Mocktail}

Yield: 1 drinks

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 sprigs rosemary
3 leaves sage
1 ruby red grapefruit, juiced
Seltzer water
Optional: grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs for garnish

In a small skillet add sugar and water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and then simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved.

Remove from the heat and add in rosemary and sage. Let the herbs steep in the simple syrup until the syrup is cool. Remove herbs and store simple syrup in the refrigerator.

To make the cocktail add ice to a short cocktail glass, fill with 1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, 2 teaspoons simple syrup and top with seltzer water.

Garnish with fresh grapefruit slices and rosemary if desired.

30 Responses to “Grapefruit Rosemary Sage Spritzer {Mocktail}”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — December 4, 2013 at 7:11 am

I also want to add that syrup to a real cocktail:-) So pretty!

Audra | Th Baker Chick — December 4, 2013 at 8:18 am

Brandy! You are the sweetest on the planet. I love you and this mocktail so much. It seriously looks amazing and I would love to have one (and then add gin to it in a few weeks!) Thank you so much for thinking of me today. I feel so lucky :)

sally @ sallys baking addiction — December 4, 2013 at 8:48 am

Such a sweet baby shower for this special time for Audra! This mocktail looks incredible and so very refreshing – I love ruby red grapefruit :)

Yankee Kitchen Ninja (Julianne) — December 4, 2013 at 8:57 am

Gorgeous! We have an alcohol-free January each year so I’ll be whipping up these mocktails instead. And figuring out other ways to use that herb syrup!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — December 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

Holy moly, I need this mocktail in my life. So pretty and I can’t get over those flavors!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — December 4, 2013 at 11:25 am

I tend to not enjoy grapefruit but this looks good!

Jacqueline Raposo — December 4, 2013 at 12:32 pm

These look SO refreshing! What a sweet addition to the shower! Feel like this would clean my insides from all the sugar I can’t stop devouring ;)

Mimi @ Culinary Couture — December 4, 2013 at 12:53 pm

YAY! I love mocktails! These are right up my alley!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — December 4, 2013 at 2:41 pm

These drinks are perfection! I adore mocktails!

Ruthy @ Omeletta — December 4, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I love grapefruit-y anything in the wintertime, and that herby syrup would go so perfectly with anything! Mocktails FTW. Congratulations, Audra!

Tracey — December 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Ok these are seriously the most gorgeous mocktails ever! I’m obsessed with grapefruit lately too, so this is perfect!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm

hahaha of course you’re not a monster! This drink looks fabulous. I love how refreshing grapefruit is!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 4, 2013 at 9:24 pm

You make drink styling seem so easy!!! Gorgeous shots and fun mocktail :)

Joanne — December 4, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Audra really is the best, isn’t she? ALthough you’re pretty dang awesome as well for making such a fabulous mocktail! Usually they’re kind of boring but these sound fabulous.

Julie @ Table for Two — December 5, 2013 at 8:07 am

Gorgeous drinks!! Grapefruit and rosemary is such a lovely combination. Cheers!

ashley - baker by nature — December 5, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I’ve been on a huuuuge grapefruit kick lately! These spritzers will be perfect for the non-drinkers at our xmas bash :)

Carrian — December 6, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Yum! These look good enough to drink!

1. Pingback: Mini Eggnog Bundt Cakes with Salted Caramel Icing - The Corner Kitchen

2. Pingback: Sausage and Cheese Wonton Cups | The Spiffy Cookie

3. Pingback: Joanne Eats Well With Others | Chocolate-Caramel Tart with Sea Salt

4. Pingback: Mini Gingerbread Whoopie Pies - Table for Two

5. Pingback: Baby Shower!

6. Pingback: Chocolate Mousse Mini Cupcakes | Bake or Break

7. Pingback: Honey and Tangerine Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini Recipe - The Lemon Bowl

8. Pingback: {gluten-free} Cranberry Bread for The Baker Chick’s Virtual Baby Shower! | The Dusty Baker

9. Pingback: Warm Vanilla Sugar | Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Brown Butter…and a virtual baby shower!

10. Pingback: Nutmeg Nanny Chocolate Chai Frappe » Nutmeg Nanny

11. Pingback: Espresso Salted Caramel Buttercream Brownie Bites for Audra’s Virtual Shower | Keep It Sweet Desserts

12. Pingback: Mini Gingerbread Whoopie Pies | Table for Two