Soy Sriracha Deviled Eggs

These soy sriracha deviled eggs are packed full of spicy deviled egg flavor. Soaked in soy and drizzled with lots of sriracha sauce. Hello delicious!

Soy Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Nutmeg Nanny

When I was a kid I always thought my aunt used to make the best deviled eggs. Now I’m not really sure if they were actually the best or if they were the best because I was a kid and I thought everything was the best. Anytime my grandmother would throw a party I would go over to the eggs and basically eat the whole batch. I was such a weird egg loving child.

Fast forward to now and while I’m not gobbling down every deviled egg I see, I am still very much in love. They are packed full of protein, totally delicious and have a weird creamy texture that I dig. Is that weird? Is it ok to love the creamy texture of a deviled egg? Does that make me sound like a freak?

Soy Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Nutmeg Nanny

These soy sriracha deviled eggs are a play on some totally slammin’ soy deviled eggs I had at a restaurant in Ohio. I went to dinner with Emily (of Jelly Toast) and Michelle (of So Wonderful So Marvelous) and between us all we polished off 3 appetizers and 3 huge hamburgers. It was an awesome night. Plus these ladies are amazing so I feel like you should follow them. Trust me, I only hang out with cool people.

So back to these eggs. I was skeptical of the whole soy aspect but in the end it really works. Plus the drizzle of sriracha takes is from “oh look…soy deviled eggs” to “Holy crap! Are those soy sriracha deviled eggs?”

Who wouldn’t want that?

P.S. One thing I should note about the soy marinaded eggs. The soy sauce will firm up the egg white a little more than you might me used too. It still tastes great but the texture is a tad different than normal.

Soy Sriracha Deviled Eggs

Yield: 12 eggs

Total Time: 15 minutes plus marinating time

• 6 large eggs, hardboiled
  • 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon sriracha, more for drizzling on top
  • Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 green onions, sliced

Remove the shell from the outside of the hardboiled egg and cut in half. Scoop out the yolk and add to a small mixing bowl.

In a shallow dish (I used an 8x8 pan) add soy sauce and lay egg whites into the soy sauce. Cover, marinade for 6 hours, flip the egg white and marinade for another 6 hours.

While the eggs are marinating prepare the egg yolk filling. Mix together egg yolks, mayonnaise, brown mustard, sriracha, kosher salt and black pepper. Keep covered in the fridge until ready to fill eggs.

When the eggs white are done marinating remove them from the soy sauce and pat dry.

Fill the egg holes with egg yolk filling, sprinkle with sliced green onions and drizzle with sriracha.

21 Responses to “Soy Sriracha Deviled Eggs”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 27, 2014 at 7:43 am

These look soooo yummy! Such a fun flavour!

Beth @ The First Year — August 27, 2014 at 7:48 am

Hello flavor explosion, yum Brandy!!

Amanda @The Kitcheneer — August 27, 2014 at 9:33 am

What a clever take on the classic deviled eggs! I know my brother would gobble these up!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — August 27, 2014 at 9:37 am

I’m not even a huge fan of deviled eggs but I DO love the creamy texture – so no, you are not weird! These look amazing!

Marjory @ Dinner-Mom — August 27, 2014 at 9:56 am

What a great way to spice up this classic!

Julie — August 27, 2014 at 11:52 am

Sriracha in deviled eggs is brilliant! My cousin just started producing + selling maple sriracha, and I’m dying to try it!

Martha @ A Family Feast — August 27, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Oh yum – what a great idea for amping up the flavor of a classic recipe!

Kim Beaulieu — August 27, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Perfect timing, I have a picnic coming up with family. These would be absolutely perfect for that. Gorgeous deviled eggs.

Michele @ Alwayzbakin — August 28, 2014 at 5:26 am

These sound incredible! My son would love these. He is a soy sauce and sriracha addict!

Angie | Big Bears Wife — August 28, 2014 at 9:36 am

I admit it, I’ve never had Sriracha! Ahhh what’s wrong with me! I do however love deviled eggs and like you, I can polish off a huge amount haha. I need to try these asap!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet — August 28, 2014 at 11:02 am

OH MY! I have never seen a deviled egg like this before! This takes it to a whole new level! A good new level!

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — August 28, 2014 at 11:28 am

I have never never never been to a gathering where the deviled eggs plate did not get scarfed up. What a fun variation of that!

Samantha — August 29, 2014 at 8:26 am

Whoa. joe would love these…

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — August 30, 2014 at 10:39 am

Brandy, I freaking love creative, inventive recipes like this!! I just recently made kimchi deviled eggs for The Kitchn and wasn’t sure how people would respond to them. . and you are so not a freak!! what are you talking about . . doesn’t everyone love the creamy texture of a deviled egg??? I do!!

Joanne — August 30, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I prefer all things in my life to be sriracha smothered. So I have a feeling I’m going to LOVE these.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — September 1, 2014 at 10:51 am

I can’t get enough spice in my life. This recipe wins.

Michelle — May 4, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Dave and I just ordered takeout there the other night!

1. Pingback: Soy Sriracha Deviled Eggs - Sarah 'n Spice