Mulled Wine

Welcome to day eight of The Twelve Boozy Days of Christmas!

Did you think I would run this little event and forget about mulled wine?  Don’t worry. I got your back. I decided to try Alton Brown’s recipe. Can you go wrong with AB? I swear that man is a genius. It was delicious. Warm, spicy and perfect for these cold nights we have been having.

I also wanted to share a picture with you :) The first time I had mulled wine was in Germany. Here is a picture of me enjoying this delicious drink. I also had an awesome piece of Linzertorte….mmmm….now I want to go back….

Mulled Wine

6 whole allspice berries
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
2 whole star anise
3 cinnamon sticks
1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
3 large strips orange zest
3 large strips lemon zest
2 (750-ml) bottles red wine
3/4 cup honey

Source: Alton Brown

In the basket of a coffee percolator place the allspice berries, peppercorns, star anise, cinnamon sticks, ginger and citrus zest. Pour the wine and honey into the percolator. Attach basket, cover and let percolate for 1 to 2 hours. Serve hot.

I do not own a coffee percolator so I just warmed the wine and spices on the stove top. Do not boil.

9 Responses to “Mulled Wine”

doggybloggy — December 8, 2010 at 3:29 pm

this picture of you is so warm and soothing I wish it was a hallmark card I could hang on my fridge – you look so beautiful!

girlichef — December 8, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Wonderful…I love mulled cider…and AB ;) And I agree w/ Christo…you look very beautiful in that photo :D

Joanne — December 8, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Every year at our annual Christmas party, the head of the MD/PhD program makes his infamous mulled wine and it’s delicious! Need to try to recreate it at home!

theUngourmet — December 9, 2010 at 12:49 am

I’ve never made my own mulled wine. It’s so pretty and festive! Your photo is lovely as well! ;)

Emily — December 9, 2010 at 3:17 am

That’s a great picture of you! I want some of your wine right now! We didn’t end up drinking ours… this weekend maybe we’ll try again. :)

Reeni — December 9, 2010 at 10:11 am

The picture IS adorable! Mulled wine and a linzer torte – the good things in life!

5 Star Foodie — December 9, 2010 at 10:36 am

A delicious and warming drink! What a great picture of you enjoying the drink!

biz319 — December 9, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Mulled wine always makes me think of It’s a Wonderful Life – one of my favorite Christmas movies. And come to think of it, not sure I’ve ever tried it – I may have to make a batch this year!

1. Pingback: Mulled Wine Is The Most Soul-Warmingly Delicious Drink Ever | PurpleWig