Spinach, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette

I figured it would be wise to stick with strawberries since my last strawberry recipe – Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – seemed to make a lot of people very happy Smile This time I went a more healthy route. I was craving salad so I decided to make myself a drool worthy (yes, salad can be drool worthy) Spring time salad.  What’s more delicious then crisp baby spinach, sweet strawberries, crumbly goat cheese, toasted almonds and tart pomegranate vinaigrette? The answer is nothing. Well, except this salad Smile

The pomegranate vinaigrette was made by combining POM Pomegranate Juice Concentrate, olive oil, champagne vinegar, and salt and pepper.  The pomegranate juice concentrate brings a nice fruity flavor  to the vinaigrette that works wonderfully with the sweet strawberries in the salad.

Enjoy!!!

Spinach, Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad

For Salad:
1 pound baby spinach – washed and dried
1/2 pound strawberries – tops removed and sliced
Handful of almonds – toasted
1/4 – 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese

For Vinaigrette:
2 equal parts POM Pomegranate Juice Concentrate
1 equal part olive oil
1 equal part champagne vinegar
Fresh cracked pepper – to taste
Kosher salt – pinch

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

For Salad:
Wash and dry spinach and put in large bowl. Add strawberries, almonds and goat cheese. Add pomegranate vinaigrette and toss.

For Vinaigrette:

Whisk ingredients together and pour over salad. Can also be stored in the refrigerator until ready to be used.

25 Responses to “Spinach, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette”

Erica — June 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm

mmm I love strawberry salads! They always look and taste so special! I was actually telling my MIL about your stuffed strawberries at dinner last night!

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — June 1, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I’ve made a similar salad but with different dressing. I agree, salad can be drool worthy! Yours looks great.

Cakelaw — June 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm

What a lovely summery salad – and pomegranate vinaigrette sounds like da bomb!

Maris (In Good Taste) — June 1, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I love fruit in salads and this looks so perfect for a hot summer day when I don’t want to cook!

Kathleen — June 1, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Hey! Just found your blog and I love it! This salad looks totally amazing. Im bookmarking it right now. Thanks 😉

Ali — June 1, 2011 at 9:24 pm

What a beautiful salad. I prefer goat cheese over feta any day, and most strawberry salads seem to call for feta, so I’m totally on board with your recipe. 🙂

Joanne — June 1, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Spinach, strawberries and goat cheese are a perfect combination! And the pomegranate vinaigrette is just the icing on the cake…err…salad.

hungryandfrozen — June 2, 2011 at 3:06 am

This sounds – and looks – just stunning. Next time I buy pomegranate juice I’m going to try using it in a vinaigrette. Definitely a drool-worthy salad 🙂

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — June 2, 2011 at 8:27 am

Can you believe I don’t like goat cheese? Please don’t hate me 😉 The salad still looks perfect. I love strawberries and spinach together.

• Wanna replied: — April 15th, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

Instead of goat cheese and if you like blue cheese, it goes well with everything on this salad.

Veronica — June 2, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I’d say it’s drool-worthy for sure! I love the poppin’ colors–so pretty!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 2, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Yum! I’m not usually a big fan of salad (as a general rule), but this one looks delicious!

Katrina — June 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Yum! I love spinach/strawberry salad. Love your POM viniagrette.

Squash Blossom Babies — June 24, 2011 at 6:03 pm

This looks great!

Jeanette — June 24, 2011 at 8:12 pm

What a pretty summer salad – I love the pomegranate vinaigrette…haven’t see pomegranate juice concentrate yet, but I’ll be on the lookout!

Barbara — June 25, 2011 at 8:30 am

It’s not even breakfast yet, but I wish I was eating this.

Cookin' Canuck — June 25, 2011 at 7:11 pm

That sounds like a wonderful vinaigrette! This is exactly the kind of salad I like to eat during the summer.

Feast on the Cheap — June 26, 2011 at 10:07 pm

What a lovely summer salad

Shelby — June 27, 2011 at 5:30 am

I love salads like this for summertime. It seems that we eat quite late when its nicer weather out and this kind of thing is really just what you need and nothing more!

Katherine Martinelli — November 6, 2011 at 6:18 am

Another gorgeous salad! I can’t wait for strawberry season so I can make this! Thanks for linking up at my salad blog hop!

1. Pingback: How to Eat a Pomegranate {+Recipe Round-Up} | Not Rachael Ray