S’mores Popcorn

If you love regular popcorn you’re going to go crazy over this s’mores popcorn…

S'mores Popcorn by Nutmeg Nanny

Surprise!

Today is a very special day! Today is the day we celebrate Rachel from Rachel Cooks and her little bundle of joy. Rachel is due to have a baby boy in December and a few blogger friends and I are throwing her a {virtual} baby shower! Brandi and I started planning this event months ago and I are so happy to for it to finally be here!

Now, I couldn’t come to this party for Rachel and not bring popcorn! If you follow Rachel on Twitter you know she is a HUGE fan of popcorn. So, since I couldn’t just give a big bowl of butter popcorn I decided to mix things up a little bit. S’mores popcorn. Who wouldn’t love that?

S'mores Popcorn by Nutmeg Nanny

This popcorn is ooey and gooey and I ate half of it in one sitting. Don’t judge me. I’m sympathy eating for my pregnant friend. It’s a real thing. Look it up.

Now, just a short little message for my friend Rachel. I hope you have enjoyed your shower and love everything that everyone brought. I cannot wait to “meet” your little bundle of joy. Also, thank you for putting up with me and my constant hounding of belly pictures :)

S'mores Popcorn by Nutmeg Nanny

S'mores Popcorn

Crunchy s'mores popcorn filled with dark chocolate, graham cracker cereal and lots of marshmallows. This is the perfect snacking food.

Yield: 8 cups popcorn

8 cups popcorn (popped)
2 cup marshmallows
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1-2 cups Golden Grahams cereal

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Take your popped popcorn and lay it out onto a rimmed sheet pan. Layer the pan with a silpat or parchment paper will help with easy cleanup.

Sprinkle the popcorn with marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and Golden Grahams cereal.

Bake for 4 minutes until marshmallow puff up and chocolate is soft. Remove from oven and stir immediately to combine all ingredients.

Enjoy!

*Note: Do not let the marshmallows burn or get brown because it will result in them getting crunchy and the popcorn will turn out hard.

See what everyone else brought to the party!

For The Love of Popcorn

Snickerdoodle Scones | Fake Ginger
Sweet Potato Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers | The Spiffy Cookie
Turtle Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake | A Spicy Perspective
Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake | Cookistry
White Chocolate Biscoff Muddy Buddies | Miss In The Kitchen
White Chocolate ‘Quilted’ Cupcakes | Creative Culinary

*The adorable little invitation was made by the totally fabulous Heather of Farmgirl Gourmet. Thank you Heather!

64 Responses to “S’mores Popcorn”

Blog is the New Black — November 12, 2012 at 6:03 am

Awesome!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — November 12, 2012 at 7:40 am

I’m going to have to make this for my boys, they would love it! So nice of you and Brandi to put this all together for Rachel!

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — November 12, 2012 at 7:58 am

Oh. My. Word. I love it. S’mores popcorn is genius Brandy. Thanks so much for hosting such a fun shower for Rachel and inviting me in on the fun !

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — November 12, 2012 at 8:00 am

I’m in love!!!

Rachel Cooks — November 12, 2012 at 8:14 am

Brandy! Where do I begin?!? I’m still trying to figure out how you had time to put this all together while you were busy…umm…GETTING MARRIED? You are a super-woman. And such an amazing friend. I am so touched by all of this and all of your sweet words. Definitely crying this morning! You are all so sweet and kind. And then there is this popcorn! Oh yum! So perfect–you know me well!

xoxoxoxoxo

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — November 12, 2012 at 8:27 am

Yayyyy, so glad you and Brandi organized this! And what better snack to bring Rachel than some popcorn?!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — November 12, 2012 at 8:43 am

Such a cute idea and SO SCRUMPTIOUS!

30A EATS — November 12, 2012 at 9:00 am

Thrilled to be a part of this shower and to see Rachel so happy! The photo is amazing and I can’t wait to try the recipe!

Sarah Caron — November 12, 2012 at 9:05 am

Oh. Wow. Ooey, gooey yum! Looks awesome.

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee — November 12, 2012 at 9:06 am

ooooo I love s’mores! This sounds great!

carrian — November 12, 2012 at 9:25 am

Yup, that looks like the perfect tv watching with the hubby snack. Oh, and I guess kids snack too ;)

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure and Health — November 12, 2012 at 9:54 am

this is so thoughtful of you guys to host the baby shower for her. Rachel is lucky to have a friend who understands her very much aka her love for popcorn.

Deborah — November 12, 2012 at 10:05 am

You definitely need popcorn – especially when s’mores flavors are included! Love this!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — November 12, 2012 at 10:59 am

This popcorn is insanity! I’m in love.

Sheila — November 12, 2012 at 11:12 am

OH MY! I do love me some S’mores ; D Great party food!

Donna — November 12, 2012 at 11:13 am

That looks soooo good! I usually go for cheese or herbs on popcorn, but I could go crazy over this stuff.

Luv What You Do — November 12, 2012 at 11:47 am

This recipe combines 2 of my all time favorites…popcorn and s’mores. Yummy!

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama — November 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I love this popcorn! Totally wish I was eating it right now. Thanks for organizing the party1

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — November 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

thanks for putting this baby shower together. It was a lot of fun and I am in love with this popcorn. YUM!!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — November 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

This is an amazing recipe!!!

Jennifer @ Mother Thyme — November 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Wow, this looks so good! Great recipe for Rachel! Thank you so much for hosting this fabulous shower and inviting me to join the fun! :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — November 12, 2012 at 2:28 pm

You guys did a fabulous job organizing this, Brandy! I love this popcorn, too!

Barbara | Creative Culinary — November 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Well Missy…I just decided I HAD to have bourbon popcorn and then I read this? I need to have a popcorn party! You coming? Bring a cute animal. :)

diabeticFoodie — November 12, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Thanks so much for organizing this virtual baby shower – Rachel seems so happy and I made a lot of new friends! Can’t wait to make this popcorn for my sister-in-law; she’s a s’mores fiend!

Kathryn — November 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Thank you so much for organising Brandy, you guys did such an amazing job and this popcorn just looks incredibly delicious!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — November 12, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thank you so much for hosting the shower!! I’m not going to lie – I would eat this all in one sitting too. YUM!

Steph — November 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Nom nom nom! I want a whole bucket!! I am so happy to have participated in this great shower! Thanks for putting this together!

Kita — November 12, 2012 at 9:17 pm

First, s’mores popcorn – you just blew my mind. Second, popcorn! Perfect for Rachel. And lastly, thank you for arranging everything :)

Joanne — November 12, 2012 at 9:32 pm

My mom just got a popcorn popper and I wasn’t super excited about it…until I saw this. Now I might be “borrowing” it from her. Indefinitely.

Ruby @ The Ruby Red Apron — November 12, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Golden grahams are my favorite! I’m in love with this popcorn.

Marnely Rodriguez-Murray — November 13, 2012 at 8:09 am

Seriously, chocolate in my popcorn!? Yes please! Love this, thank you for putting this together!

katie — November 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

Love this recipe–all the components for a sweet and salty snack! Yah for Rachel & her new baby!!!

Mackenzie @SusieFreakingHomemaker — November 14, 2012 at 8:39 am

S’more popcorn just sounds absolutely to die for. I seriously wish there was a way to send this virtually – I really want some for breakfast!

Thanks again for organizing!!

AmyRuth — November 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Looks like a lot O love popcorn! Wow, love your new page too!!!
    AmyRuth

Veronica — November 18, 2012 at 3:07 am

You are brilliant Miss Brandy! I love this so much. I gotta save it. Last year I did Snickers popcorn for gifts, I hope to try this one on the family this year.

brandi — November 28, 2012 at 11:29 am

again, you are awesome – thank you SO much for doing such a great job with this shower!

and i’d like this popcorn for lunch, please and thank you :)

B. Lovely Events — February 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm

This looks amazing and perfect for a movie party or a Oscar party. I just had to blog about it! http://www.blovelyevents.com

1. Pingback: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe | Mother Thyme

2. Pingback: Farmgirl Gourmet Dark Chocolate Cashew Brittle Cookies & a Virtual Baby Shower - Farmgirl Gourmet

3. Pingback: Baby Blue Layered Jello {A Virtual Baby Shower} |

4. Pingback: Salted Caramel Cashew Popcorn | Bake Your Day

5. Pingback: Cranberry Citrus Meatballs (Slow Cooker) for #RachelPops « Diabetic Foodie

6. Pingback: Creamy Sweet Potato Soup with Maple Cream

7. Pingback: 30AEATS » Southern Cheese Straws

8. Pingback: Bourbon Toffee Popcorn

9. Pingback: Chicken Salad

10. Pingback: Rachel’s Virtual Baby Shower: Sweet Potato Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers | The Spiffy Cookie

11. Pingback: Apple Asiago Prosciutto Bites | Sarah's Cucina Bella

12. Pingback: Virtual Baby Shower and Baby Blueberry Pies on a Stick

13. Pingback: THANK YOU!

14. Pingback: White Chocolate Cake and Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting and Sugared Cranberries — Creative Culinary :: Food & Cocktail Recipes - A Denver, Colorado Food & Cocktail Blog

15. Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Pesto Crostini |

16. Pingback: PinLaVie... Make your pins come true – S’mores Popcorn

17. Pingback: Curried Salmon Phyllo Cups & a Baby Shower! - Cooking with Books

18. Pingback: Nutmeg Nanny » Super Bowl Round-Up and Land O’Lakes Giveaway

19. Pingback: Nothing like soup to follow a night of glamour | Butterscotch Sundae

20. Pingback: s’mores chocolate fudge bars | Diary of a Crazed Cook