This sweet side dish is packed full of flavor. Trust me, if you love flavor you’re going to love these maple roasted sweet potatoes.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I guess it’s time I start sharing some delicious Thanksgiving-inspired dishes.
Now, I certainly don’t have the time to cook up a whole feast, but I did want to share a couple tasty side dishes.
Growing up we always had sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving but you couldn’t pay me enough to touch them.
They were drenched in syrup, came from a can and topped with marshmallows.
No thank you.
In fact, the only way I will sweet potatoes is if they are in fact roasted. No brown sugar or marshmallows for me.
For this roasted mixture I used both orange and white sweet potatoes.
I like the different colors it brought to the dish.
However, using whatever you have on hand would be perfectly fine too.
I did add some maple syrup that brought just a touch of sweetness that was perfect and not overpowering.
This dish was finished in just under 30 minutes and would be perfect to whip up while the turkey is resting on Thanksgiving.
Just remember – don’t give into canned yams when you can have this delicious dish instead!
- 2 small to medium sized white sweet potatoes
- 2 small to medium sized orange sweet potatoes (sometimes labeled yams)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and chunk up sweet potatoes and add to a large rimmed sheet pan.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix together (I used my hands) to make sure all the sweet potatoes are equally coated.
- Bake until tender (about 25 minutes) stirring the potatoes about once every 10 minutes so they don't burn.
- Serve hot from the oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.