Roasted Cherry & Sage Lemonade Cocktail

boozy-days-of-summer-10

Roasted Cherry and Sage Lemonade Cocktail by Nutmeg Nanny

I’m such a sucker for fresh fruit and herbs in my cocktails. I cannot get enough! I also cannot get enough of roasting my fruit. So far this summer I have roasted strawberries, pineapple and now cherries. I would say I need an intervention but it’s fruit and it’s good for me.  I guess we can leave out the fact that 2 out of 3 uses for this roasted fruit has been in cocktails…

To come up with delicious cocktail I teamed up with Art in the Age and used their Sage spirits.  The spirit is herbaceous and has the most intoxicating smell. Who knew sage could be so amazing? I mean I love it with chicken but it’s killer in a cocktail! While I loved it with the roasted cherries and lemon it’s also delicious with tonic water.

Roasted Cherry and Sage Lemonade Cocktail by Nutmeg Nanny

Seltzer water
Simple syrup (optional)

For roasted cherries:
35 pitted cherries
2 tablespoons brown sugar

For cocktail:
In a tall cocktail glass add roasted cherries and lemon juice. Muddle together.

Add ice, sage spirits and top with seltzer water. Give a gentle stir and serve with lemon wedge.

I found the drink did not need any sugar because the cherries were very sweet. However, if your cherries are not as sweet simply add a couple teaspoons of simple syrup.

For cherries:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Add cherries to a parchment lined 9x9 glass dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and toss.

Roast 25 minutes until soft and syrupy.

Disclosure: I was provided a free bottle of Art in the Age sage spirits. However, all opinions are 100% my own.

15 Responses to “Roasted Cherry & Sage Lemonade Cocktail”

Diane {Created by Diane} — June 21, 2013 at 1:53 am

WOW, this made me thirsty. Looks delicious!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — June 21, 2013 at 7:24 am

Such a beautiful drink! I bet it’s tasty too :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 21, 2013 at 9:22 am

Ok, seriously…you need to open up a bar. One of those fru-fru $15+ drinks kind. I’ll be your best customer.

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — June 21, 2013 at 12:21 pm

This is one gorgeous cocktail!

Julia — June 21, 2013 at 2:05 pm

These flavors!!!!!
    I’d be in competition with Gina as your best customer :)

Carole — June 21, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Lovely work! Would you be happy to link it in to the current Food on Friday which is collecting snacks and treats? I do hope to see you there. There are already quite a lot of links for you to check out. Cheers

Happy Valley Chow — June 21, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I had no clue there was a sage spirit, now I need to go out and find it! I love using sage in cocktails, especially paired with fruit. Sounds spectacular!

Joanne — June 22, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I got to taste those Sage spirits at Eat.Write.Retreat and became an instant addict! I’m sure they’re amazing in this!

Robin — July 3, 2013 at 11:48 am

I made this last night for a group of friends – loved it. I write for Mother Nature Network and did a post today about the drink – readers will have to click over to your blog to get instructions for how to make it.

marla — August 7, 2013 at 7:48 am

Stunning cherry cocktail ~ linking back to this today :)

Ballookey — August 31, 2013 at 11:13 am

Sounds wonderful! Soooo…I assume the brown sugar gets sprinkled over the cherries before roasting?

• nutmegnanny replied: — September 1st, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

Yes! Thank you so much for catching that. I’m editing the post to make sure the directions are more clear :)

1. Pingback: Sangria in Rosé, Bourbon, and Blue