Chocolate Chai Frappe

This chocolate chai frappe is full of flavor and perfect for sippin’….

Chocolate Chai Frappe by Nutmeg NannyEverywhere I look it seems like another fine food blogger is having a baby. I’m starting to think there is something in the water…

That’s why today myself and a huge group of fellow bloggers are getting together for a virtual baby shower to celebrate the one and only Bev of Bev Cooks! If you don’t follow Bev you need to get on that right away! Not only is she hilarious but she is sweet and pregnant with twins! Gah! You get double the dose of baby cuteness. Who doesn’t love that?

So as I stated in last weeks baby shower post to Audra, I opted again to not bring alcohol to the baby shower. I instead brought caffeine. I’m guessing that is better than booze…right? Maybe this makes me sound like a bad person but I’m drinking caffeine if I ever get a bun in my oven. I might even get the baby their own Starbucks gold card…kidding! {I swear!}

Now, back to this drink. I combined chai tea, chocolate and milk and created the perfect mix of frosty goodness. It’s a lot like a frappuccino but about a billion times cheaper. Plus I topped it with whipped cream and even more chocolate. Why you ask? Because I can!

And it’s awesome.

Chocolate Chai Frappe by Nutmeg Nanny

Chocolate Chai Frappe

Yield: 4 frappes

2 cups ice cubes
1 cup chocolate milk (use whole or half & half)
2 cups chai tea concentrate (store bought or homemade)
1 teaspoons Truvia sweetener
Whipped cream
Chocolate sauce

In a blender add ice, chocolate milk, chai tea concentrate and Truvia.

Blend until thick and creamy.

Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

More baby shower goodness!

Appetizers

Pomegranate Lemonade Punch from Heather Christo

Salads
Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Orange and Pine Nuts from Rachel Gurk
Pear Cranberry Arugula Salad from Tracy Benjamin
Brussels Sprout Salad + maple roasted cranberry dressing from Katie Unger
Gluten-Free Pasta Salad from Lisa Thiele
Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetable Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing from Heather Disarro
Winter Citrus Salad from Catherine McCord

4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies from Ali Ebright
Sweet Potato Creme Brulee from Brian Samuels
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Mint Cookies from Aimée Wimbush-Bourque
Mini Chocolate Stout Cheesecake with Salted Beer Caramel Sauce from Jackie Dodd
Red Velvet Hi Hat Cookies from Kristan Roland
Double Chocolate Panini from Kathy Strahs

Disclosure: I am compensated from Truvia for using their products. All opinions are 100% my own.

46 Responses to “Chocolate Chai Frappe”

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — December 10, 2013 at 5:23 am

This looks absolutely gorgeous! I am on somewhat of a dessert drinks bender at the moment. You just made the list.

• nutmegnanny replied: — December 10th, 2013 @ 10:32 am

Thank you! I hope you love it :)

Amy (Savory Moments) — December 10, 2013 at 6:51 am

This drink looks awesome! The chocolate sauce spilling out over the top of the glass makes me just want to get in there and lick it – yum! :-)

Heather Christo — December 10, 2013 at 7:05 am

This is completely stunning not to mention drool worthy!!

shelly (cookies and cups) — December 10, 2013 at 7:55 am

Sigh. I need to IV this straight into my arm. Amazing!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — December 10, 2013 at 8:31 am

Loooook at THAT. I’ll tell you right now, there’s a teeny amount of caffeine in my coffee right now. Just a wee bit! And I mean that seriously. I’m actually not joking for the first time in my entire life. Anyway, point IS, I’ll take it!!

Thank you, Brandy for being a part of this amazing celebration! I’m kind of dying.

xo!!

Katrina @ WVS — December 10, 2013 at 8:32 am

Giiiiirl, this looks perfect!

Aimee @ Simple Bites — December 10, 2013 at 8:59 am

Holy heck, I’m getting in line for this first thing!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 10, 2013 at 9:39 am

I’d love a huge glass of this! So pretty, Brandy! Pinned

kelly @ livelovepasta — December 10, 2013 at 9:50 am

chocolate and chai…this is genius!

DessertForTwo — December 10, 2013 at 10:11 am

Chocolate + chai is amazing!

It was nice celebrating with you :)

• nutmegnanny replied: — December 10th, 2013 @ 10:32 am

I feel like chai anything is amazing…haha :) Great celebrating with you too!

Shaina — December 10, 2013 at 10:41 am

I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and chai!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — December 10, 2013 at 10:47 am

oh my, I totally need to try this – it looks AMAZING! I love chocolate chai anything!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — December 10, 2013 at 11:38 am

This drink looks like it just stepped out of my dreams!

Aggie — December 10, 2013 at 1:40 pm

What an absolutely delicious combo! Love it! I wouldn’t mind a little splash of booze in this one either…lol!

Thanks so much for being a part of Bev’s celebration!

xo

Heather || Heather's Dish — December 10, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Oh my goodness. Please marry me. This is honestly the most beautiful drink I’ve ever seen in my life!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I can’t handle this!!!! I love all of the spices with the chocolate!

Shaina — December 10, 2013 at 4:34 pm

You really outdid yourself here. Love this take on frappe. Perfection.

Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet — December 10, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Goooorgeous!! Pinned!

Joanne — December 10, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I feel like with pregnancy you have to pick and choose your restrictions. If I HAVE to give up sushi and brie….then I MUST keep runny egg yolks and fully caffeinated coffee. You can just hook me up to a constant drip of this frappe!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — December 10, 2013 at 9:31 pm

There is something in the water with all these bloggers gettin’ all knocked up! But the plus side is we have lots of reasons to eat amazing food in their honor!! It’s totally a win-win!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — December 10, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Oh my gosh you crack me up! Love this frappe and I won’t be able to sleep until I have a mug of this amazingness in my mitts.

Amy @Very Culinary — December 10, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Oh good lord. Gimme that. *cries*

Lisa [With Style & Grace] — December 11, 2013 at 1:35 am

oh my goodness, this is every pregnant girls dream!!

Brandi — December 11, 2013 at 9:13 am

oh, holy moly. chocolate + chai in one frozen drink? i can’t even.

grace — December 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm

i haven’t tried the chocolate chai at starbucks…yet. i know i’ll get hooked. :)

JulieD — December 11, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Wow, Brandy! This looks amazing!! yay!

Emily @ Life on Food — December 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm

You all have quite the feast lined up. I would love to have this shake in front of me know. I need all the extra energy I can get with the holiday activities.

Rebecca — December 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Chai is so underrated, I’m glad to see someone giving it the spotlight. Fantastic drink, Brandy.

1. Pingback: Mississippi Mud Pie Brownie Ice Cream

2. Pingback: Whole-wheat double chocolate mint cookies (food processor) | Simple Bites

3. Pingback: Glazed Dulce De Leche Pound Cake

4. Pingback: Peppermint Mocha Affogato | Dessert For Two

5. Pingback: Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites | Aggie's Kitchen

6. Pingback: Lemon Risotto Tarts with Pea Puree

7. Pingback: Red Velvet Hi Hat Cookies - Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

8. Pingback: Sweet Potato Creme Brulee - A Thought For Food

9. Pingback: Gruyère Gougères Recipe | Food for My Family

10. Pingback: Simple Apple Pear Tarts | Daisy At Home

11. Pingback: Pear Cranberry Arugula Salad – Shutterbean

12. Pingback: Cherry Chocolate Kiss Smoothie — Very Culinary

13. Pingback: Double Chocolate Panini | Panini Happy®

14. Pingback: Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Orange and Pine Nuts - Rachel Cooks

15. Pingback: Simply Top Picks for the Holidays Once Again | Health In The Laugh Lane

16. Pingback: Cookies and Cups Buttermint Frosted Sugar Cookie Cups » Cookies and Cups