Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita

This sweet and summery raspberry acai frozen margarita is perfect for long days. Don’t worry if you’re not a fan of tequila it’s perfectly sweet on it’s own.

Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita by Nutmeg Nanny

I know for the most part it’s still pretty cool and spring hasn’t really sprung just yet. However, I just don’t care. I’m wearing flip flops and opening my windows. I need some fresh air in my house it’s about to happen.

The same goes for this drink. It’s a little fruity, frozen and full of tequila. Well, I guess you could leave the tequila out if you’re not a fan or maybe you have a little bun in the oven. Speaking of buns in the oven {see what a I did there???} I’m joining up with a few fantastic bloggers to celebrate Stephanie of Girls Versus Dough on her adorable little baby to be.

gvd baby shower graphic.jpg

We all teamed together to give Stephanie a giant virtual baby shower. If you don’t know Stephanie you need to hop on over to her blog. Not only is her photography fantastic, she makes some pretty amazing looking food. Plus she is the most adorable pregnant lady ever. Am I weird for thinking that baby bumps are the most beautiful thing ever? I know some pregnant women get upset that people gravitate toward them but seriously how can you not want to rub that little belly? Ok, now I sound like a total creeper. But seriously, baby bellies are the cuTest!

Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita by Nutmeg Nanny

So lets talk a bit more about this cocktail. I do love traditional margaritas but I’m an even bigger fan of throwing in juice to bring up the flavor. For this cocktail I used some Trop50 raspberry acai juice. It’s fruity and perfect for margaritas. Trust me, if you’re looking for the perfect girls’ night in cocktail this simple drink is just what the doctor ordered!

Plus it’s the most beautiful pink color EVER! That makes it even more drinkable…am I right?

Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita by Nutmeg Nanny

Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita

This sweet and summery raspberry acai frozen margarita is perfect for long days. Don't worry if you're not a fan of tequila it's perfectly sweet on it's own

Yield: 2 servings

4 ounces tequila
2 ounces triple sec
2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
10 ounces raspberry acai juice
1/4 cup sugar (more or less depending on desired sweetness)
2 cups ice

Salt the rim of two glasses and set aside.

In a high powered blender add all ingredients and blend until smooth.

Pour into prepared glasses and serve with fresh raspberries.

Head on over to see what else everyone brought to the party!

Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes from Sarcastic Cooking

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from A Cedar Spoon

Freckled Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade from Take a Megabite

Vanilla Anise Cupcakes from Blahnik Baker

Mini Vanilla Bean Layer Cakes from The Baker Chick

Mini Blackberry Hazelnut Meringue Cakes from Eat Your Heart Out

Trop 50

Trop50 has the great taste and goodness you expect from Tropicana, but with 50% less sugar and calories and no artificial sweeteners.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Trop50 via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Trop50.

43 Responses to “Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita”

Cate O'Malley — April 9, 2014 at 9:04 am

Those are gorgeous! And the perfect way to celebrate warm weather.

Paula - bell'alimento — April 9, 2014 at 9:28 am

What a sweet drink for a very sweet girl and her baby!

Samantha — April 9, 2014 at 9:28 am

Girl, this drink is out of this world amazing looking. Congrats to Stephanie and the family!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — April 9, 2014 at 9:31 am

Awww, I wish I had been included on this – I love Stephanie! (And seriously, is she not the cutest pregnant woman EVER?!). These drinks look fabulous. I’ll take mine with extra tequila. ;)

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — April 9, 2014 at 9:35 am

Now this is my type of margarita and its perfect for a shower.

Claire Gallam — April 9, 2014 at 9:36 am

Oh mama. I want 6 of these for my face right now.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — April 9, 2014 at 10:07 am

You must get invited to a lot of parties. ;)

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — April 9, 2014 at 10:22 am

I can’t even TELL YOU how badly I want one of these right now. Totally bookmarking this for my face the day after I give birth. ;) Thank you so, so much, sweet lady! I am just so overwhelmed by this kindness!

Katrina @ WVS — April 9, 2014 at 10:24 am

Oh man!! This looks so freaking yummy. Love the flavour combo!

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon — April 9, 2014 at 10:48 am

These are absolutely stunning! Pinned.

Julia — April 9, 2014 at 10:56 am

I was just telling my girlfriends the other day how ready I am for cocktail season. As in, pour me a glass o’ booze right now and make it pretty and snappy! LOVE these margs! And love even more that I get to sit next to ya at Stephanie’s baby shower to enjoy them :D

Ginny McMeans — April 9, 2014 at 12:17 pm

You are so smart to put acai in there. I have to try this!

cindy ensleyCindy — April 9, 2014 at 12:31 pm

this margarita is the BEST color!

Miriam @ OvertimeCook — April 9, 2014 at 1:36 pm

This looks so amazing! Now I’m all sad cause I’m at work instead of drinking one of these.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 9, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Happy shower, Stephanie!

And these margaritas have my name written all over them. As much as I love traditional margs, the fruity ones are always my top choice!

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — April 9, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Pregnant ladies know that their bellies have like a gravitational pull, they expect the rubs! So all the fruit in this makes it super healthy right?? These would have come in handy while watching that train wreck of a Bachelor season!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 9, 2014 at 4:29 pm

This is pretty much the prettiest drink ever. Now, can you please explain to me how someone could not like tequila?

Dawn Lopez — April 9, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Oh my goodness, this looks marvelous! I can see myself sipping on these pool side.. now, I just need to find a pool ;)

A virtual baby shower is such a beautiful idea, how wonderful!

Joanne — April 9, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I feel like since we KNOW stephanie, she totally has to let us rub her bump. Right?! It’s the cutest. For real.

Margarita slushies would MAKE MY WEEK. Who needs 7/11 when these are around!

Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out — April 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm

This is such a perfect spring drink – I love that flavor combo! You are the cocktail queen – I bow to thee! Thanks so much for joining in our baby shower fun today, Brandy!

Susan — April 9, 2014 at 10:47 pm

This is the perfect spring drink! However make sure mine has some tequila in it please!

Audra | The Baker Chick — April 9, 2014 at 11:00 pm

This looks so delicious and refreshing- what a pretty drink for a girly baby shower :)

amanda @ fake ginger — April 9, 2014 at 11:48 pm

O.M.G. For some reason I never think to use bottled juice to my margaritas (which is why I always just make the old boring kind) so this may just change my life.

Joelen Tan — April 9, 2014 at 11:54 pm

What a delicious roundup and I could probably drink a few of these gorgeous margaritas in no time!

Rebecca {foodie with family} — April 10, 2014 at 9:39 am

Hey wait. If there’s acai in this it’s a super food right? And I should have several of them??? :D

Allie | Baking a Moment — April 11, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Ooh, this is the prettiest drink ever!!! Love the color. So happy I stumbled across your blog- your photos are gorgeous! :D

1. Pingback: Lemon Shortbread with Salted Chocolate Drizzle Recipe - The Lemon Bowl

2. Pingback: Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp {A Virtual Shower for Stephanie of Girl Versus Dough} - A Cedar Spoon

3. Pingback: No-Bake Rhubarb Cheesecake Parfaits | hungrygirlporvida.com

4. Pingback: Mini Blackberry Hazelnut Meringue Cakes | Eat Your Heart Out

5. Pingback: Broccoli Salad with Blueberries and Honey-Toasted Walnuts

6. Pingback: Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins - Garnish with Lemon | Garnish with Lemon

7. Pingback: Freckled Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade

8. Pingback: Vanilla Anise Cupcakes

9. Pingback: Mini Strawberry Cinnamon Twist Knots - A Kitchen Addiction

10. Pingback: Warm Vanilla Sugar | Pecan Sticky Buns {and a virtual baby shower}!

11. Pingback: Berry Coconut Frozen Yogurt - The Law Student's Wife |

12. Pingback: Pretty in Pink Buttercream Cups | Keep It Sweet Desserts

13. Pingback: Warm Vanilla Sugar | Pecan Sticky Buns {and a virtual baby shower}!

14. Pingback: Mini Vanilla Bean Strawberry Layer Cakes