Pear Gorgonzola Easy Ravioli

This pear gorgonzola easy ravioli is the fastest way to homemade ravioli. The secret is to use wonton wrappers for fresh pasta! Fresh, easy and homemade.

Pear Gorgonzola Easy Ravioli by Nutmeg Nanny

Ok, confession time. I have never made homemade pasta or raviolis. I know that sounds completely ridiculous but tis’ the truth. Growing up my dad was not a fan of pasta or Italian food so we ate very little of either. This is probably why when I first moved to New York I thought Italian food was made of just 3 dishes – spaghetti with meat sauce, fettuccine Alfredo and chicken Parmesan. Yeah, I really should have learned more about Italian food before moving to New York. I also should have learned that when you go out to dinner in NY you never call soda “pop.” People stare at you like you’re an idiot.

Pear Gorgonzola Easy Ravioli by Nutmeg Nanny

Now, I know the title of this recipe says “easy ravioli” which would imply I made pasta….right? Well, I sorta took an easy route to ravioli-ville. I used wonton wrappers. Yep, you heard me right – wonton wrappers. Now if you grew up in one of those families where your great grandmother used to make super special homemade ravioli then I would suggest using her pasta recipe instead of the wonton route. I’m not dogging my own recipe (cause it’s delicious!) BUT it is different than true ravioli. The dough is a bit thinner which honestly I sorta like. It pairs perfectly with brown butter and is a nice light summer supper.

Pear Gorgonzola Easy Ravioli by Nutmeg Nanny

The filling is PACKED full of sautéed Taylor’s Golden pears, shallots and gorgonzola cheese. The flavors might sound a bit odd but TRUST ME it’s delicious. Its totally got that sweet and savory thing going on. After I quickly boiled the ravioli I just tossed it in a little brown butter and a sprinkle of fresh thyme. Super simple and totally amazing for summer.

Pear Gorgonzola Easy Ravioli

2 Taylor's gold pears, small diced
1 shallot, minced
4 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
32 wonton wrappers
8 tablespoons unsalted butter

In a large skillet add pears and shallot. Sauté on medium heat until the shallots are soft and the pears are just starting to soften up.

In a large bowl add sautéed pear/shallot mixture (try to keep any liquid from the pan out of the bowl), ricotta cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves and ground pepper. Carefully stir together until combined.

Fill a small bowl with water and lay out your wonton wrappers. Using your finger wet two sides (in an L shape) and add about 1/2-1 teaspoon filling near the center of the wonton wrapper. Fold over the none wet side of the wrapper down onto the wet edges. Carefully make sure there is no trapped air around the filling and seal the wrappers by pressing down on the edges. You should no have a triangle shaped ravioli. (As seen in the second picture in the post)

Continue making your ravioli until all the wonton wrappers and filling have been used.

Bring a big pot of water to boil on the stove and drop the raviolis into the water, about 3 at a time. Cook for about 1 minute just to soften the wonton wrapper, remove from the water and lay onto a plate. Lay parchment between layers of cooked ravioli so they do not stick together.

Once all your ravioli has been cooked add a stick of butter to a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Melt down until the butter is slightly brown and smells nutty. Once you have reached that point add in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme and remove from the heat.

Toss each ravioli in the hot butter and plate.

Sprinkle with a little extra Gorgonzola cheese and fresh thyme if desired.

I was gifted some totally delicious Taylor’s Golden Pears for this recipe. They are sweet, available from mid-April through July and totally delicious! During the summer in the U.S., pears and apples abound in New Zealand. When you see New Zealand pears and apples in the stores they’re super-fresh and ready to eat. That’s why we’ve teamed up to come up with a bunch of delicious summer recipes featuring New Zealand pears and apples. Today, we’re focusing on summer pear recipes. Check them all out below. And follow along all summer on social media using #loveNZfruit

Be sure to join us for a #loveNZfruit twitter party on May 29th at 8pm EST. You can win fun prizes such as Visa gift card and pear swag!

Also, be sure to enter  the Rafflecopter widget to win a $150 Visa Gift Card and a large box full of Taylor’s Gold Pears!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

More delicious Taylor’s Golden Pears recipes!

Grilled Pears Filled with Caramel and Chocolate by Cook the Story

Cranberry Pear Scones with Orange Glaze from It’s Yummi!

Pickled Pear Sorbetto by Pastry Chef Online

Spicy Grilled Pear Ketchup by Cooking with Books

Mini Pear and Blackberry Pies by Big Bear’s Wife

Chocolate Dipped Pear Popsicles by Around My Family Table

Pear Caramelized Onion and Brie Bites by Real Housemoms

White Chicken Naan Pizza with Sauteed Pears & Gorgonzola  by Climbing Grier Mountain

Muddled Pear Moscow Mule by Doughmesstic

Disclosure: I was provided free pears and compensation for coming up with this delicious recipe. As always all opinions are my own.

38 Responses to “Pear Gorgonzola Easy Ravioli”

Jenni — May 28, 2014 at 8:35 am

I don’t think that flavor combo sounds weird at all. I want to eat all the ravioli you made, so hand them over! I’ve used wonton wrappers for ravioli/pierogis before. Perfectly acceptable. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it! =)

Paula - bell'alimento — May 28, 2014 at 8:41 am

Loving the flavors in here!

Rachel Cooks — May 28, 2014 at 8:56 am

Love that these are super fancy but easy to make too! Such a fun recipe 🙂

Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled — May 28, 2014 at 9:07 am

YUM! I love how easy this ravioli and the flavor combination sounds delicious!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos — May 28, 2014 at 9:37 am

I love this take on ravioli – the filling sounds amazing!!!

Becca from It's Yummi! — May 28, 2014 at 9:58 am

Using wonton wrappers for ravioli is a genius idea!
    Thanks so much for participating with us in this delicious Taylor’s Gold pear fun!

Marion@Life Tastes Good — May 28, 2014 at 10:14 am

This sounds wonderful! I love that you used the wonton wrappers! I would love to try this recipe!!

Christine (Cook the Story) — May 28, 2014 at 10:46 am

You know, I’ve heard of using wonton wrappers for ravioli before but I’ve never done it. These look gorgeous and now I know I have to try it. And with the pear and gorg? So good together. Love this idea!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — May 28, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Love that you used wonton wrappers! Such a great shortcut!

Martha @ A Family Feast — May 28, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Pear and Gorgonzola is one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations! This looks delicious! Pinned!

Cassie — May 28, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Pear + Gorgonzola is just one of those unbeatable flavor combinations. This is gorgeous, too!!

Bellaisa — May 28, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Just like some other people, I have never thought to use wonton wrappers for the ravioli. I do make my own pasta, and it is quite quick for me, but I can see this tasting really good when I want to whip up something quicker than normal!

Wendy | Around My Family Table — May 29, 2014 at 2:53 am

I love the short cut of the wonton wrappers! Amazing – thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — May 29, 2014 at 9:59 am

I really need to get on the ravioli making train! These sounds amazing!

grace — May 30, 2014 at 4:04 pm

i don’t eat a lot of ravioli because i feel like most of the time, it’s stuffed with cheese and doused in tomato sauce. this, on the other hand, is unique and just plain fabulous!

Joanne — June 2, 2014 at 7:28 am

I grew up eating LOTS of ravioli…but none of it was homemade! I love this fun filling. Sweet AND savory in every bite is always a good thing.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — June 3, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I love this filling!! These sounds so amazing!

Amy @Very Culinary — June 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm

THIS. I pinned it the other day immediately after you posted. No words… just… WANT. Badly.

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — June 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I just HAVE to make these!!! I think I’m in love!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — June 3, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Using wonton wrappers is a great idea! I love pears and gorgonzola together, so this sounds amazing.

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — June 3, 2014 at 5:07 pm

These look fantastic! I have always wanted to make my own ravioli!

Amanda ( The Kitcheneer) — June 3, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I love making ravioli with wonton wrappers! I usually use mushrooms in mine but this pear and Gorgonzola combo looks great! I will have to try!

foodwanderings — June 3, 2014 at 5:51 pm

OMGoodness you can’t even imagine how much I love ravioli but I rarely make it. Love your gorgonzola pear version. Looks so delicious!

Stephanie @ Back For Seconds — June 3, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Love the flavor combo here! These look delicious!

Elizabeth @ Food Ramblings — June 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I would love to try your recipe– what a great take on ravioli!

Marjory @ Dinner-Mom — June 3, 2014 at 9:08 pm

These look absolutely amazing. The filling is divine. I’m going to have to take a stab at making ravioli now – thanks!!!!

Lora @cakeduchess — June 3, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Oh, how nice to get sweet pears and what a great recipe to make with them! LOVE this idea!

Ginny McMeans — June 4, 2014 at 12:38 am

I’ve used wonton wrappers too.! Your recipe sounds delicious. Love the pears!

Angela {Mind Over Batter} — June 5, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Ooh, I used wonton wrappers for ravioli this past Sunday! I love the convenience of it. I’m lazy, you know… This pear gorgonzola combination must be such a party in your mouth. I love it! Oh, and yes – You will see me at BHP this year!

kristen — June 7, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Can’t wait to try these Pear Gorgonzola… love that flavour combination!

Sarah Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) — June 10, 2014 at 11:09 am

I’ve made pasta both ways — actually making pasta (or buying pasta sheets from my favorite pasta shop) and using wonton wrappers — and honestly, I love using wonton wrappers because they really are so quick and easy.

1. Pingback: Pear Caramelized Onion and Brie Bites - Real Housemoms

2. Pingback: Pickled Pear Sorbetto | #loveNZfruit | Taylor's Gold Pears

3. Pingback: Spicy Grilled Pear Ketchup #loveNZfruit #ad - Cooking with Books

4. Pingback: Cranberry Pear Scones with Orange Glaze from ItsYummi.com

5. Pingback: Grilled Pears Filled With Hot Caramel & Chocolate Sauce

6. Pingback: Climbing Grier Mountain » white chicken naan pizza with sauteed pears & gorgonzola

7. Pingback: Chocolate Dipped Pear Popsicles - Around My Family Table