Chorizo Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Gnocchi

This chorizo roasted red pepper spinach gnocchi is the perfect 20 minute weeknight meal. Packed full of flavor and super simple to make. Your whole family will love this dish!

Guess what you guys? My totally amazing blogger friend Julie from Table for Two has a cookbook and I’m here to tell you all about it! Her new book Dinner for Two: Easy and Innovative Recipes for One, Two, or a Few is something you’re going to love! It has simple recipes that are perfect for the crazy weekday dinner rush. In fact, I have already made this recipe 2 times! The first time I made it I ate it for lunch 2 days in a row and the second time was just last night. I had to tell my husband to stop eating because he was about to burst with gnocchi happiness.

Do you ever do that? Love a dish so much that you totally overeat? I’m so guilty of this.

You guys know I love chorizo so making this dish was a no-brainer for me. Plus gnocchi is the perfect weeknight dish because it cooks up in no time. That means in just 20 minutes I was sitting down and stuffing this wildly into my face. I guess if you were really feeling fancy you could make homemade gnocchi but let’s be serious – ain’t nobody got time for that.

Oh and here is one little tip I did. In the recipe, it calls for dicing up some roasted red peppers. I totally cheated and bought 2 little jars of sliced pimentos. There is a difference between roasted red peppers and pimentos but it’s subtle and I’m all about making my cooking life a little shorter. So if you’re short on time or don’t have any roasted red peppers on hand (and weirdly happen to have a few jars of sliced pimentos) totally keep this in mind!

{Looking for more gnocchi recipes? Try my skillet cheesy gnocchi with peas and ham, creme fraiche mushroom gnocchi or my chicken bacon pumpkin gnocchi.}

Now if it were me I would eat this dish for breaking, lunch, and dinner but since I’m probably the only “I love leftovers more in the morning than at night” weirdo I would say make this chorizo roasted red pepper spinach gnocchi for dinner and take the leftovers for lunch the next.

Well, that’s if you have leftovers. To be honest this is so good you’ll probably eat it all the same night.

*Make sure to pre-order Julie’s book, Dinner for Twobecause Christmas is right around the corner and this book would make the perfect gift!*

Chorizo Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Gnocchi

This chorizo roasted red pepper spinach gnocchi is the perfect 30 minute weeknight meal. Packed full of flavor and super simple to make. Your whole family will love this dish!

Yield: 2 servings

• 16 ounces potato gnocchi
  • 1/2 pound fresh chorizo, casing removed
  • 3/4 cup chopped, jarred roasted red peppers
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach

Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in the gnocchi and cook it per the instructions on the packages.

In a large skillet set over medium high heat, brown chorizo and break it up with a wooden spoon. Add the roasted red peppers, onions and salt. Cook until the onions have softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the baby spinach and toss until leaves have wilted.

Drain and add gnocchi and toss everything to incorporate.

41 Responses to “Chorizo Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Gnocchi”

Julie @ Table for Two — November 18, 2015 at 7:21 am

This looks amazing!! I love how much you and Art loved the dish 🙂 makes me so happy! Thank you for your support and love! xoxo

Christie — November 18, 2015 at 7:48 am

This recipe sounds amazing. We are big chorizo fans and this is perfect for a weeknight.

Catherine — November 18, 2015 at 7:56 am

Dear Brandy, what a wonderful winter dish. I love gnocchi and this sounds perfect with the chorizo! xo, Catherine

Arman @ thebigmansworld — November 18, 2015 at 8:08 am

What a fantastic recipe to highlight- I am obsessed with chorizo and gnocchi and well…this whole dish is pretty darn epic.

Michelle | A Dish of Daily Life — November 18, 2015 at 8:52 am

You are definitely not the one “leftovers in the morning” fan…I’d take leftovers over breakfast most of the time too! This dish looks amazing and I am definitely trying it!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — November 18, 2015 at 8:55 am

You had my attention at “20 minute weeknight meal!” I really need to order a copy of Julie’s book! This gnocchi…I need it!!

Shashi at RunninSrilankan — November 18, 2015 at 9:13 am

OOh – this has comfort written all over it! Thanks for sharing this one – love the pimentos addition!

Sarah | Broma Bakery — November 18, 2015 at 9:27 am

Julie is my favorite. She’s just the freaking best. You make her chorizo gnocchi look drool-worthy!

Katie @ Recipe for Perfection — November 18, 2015 at 9:28 am

That’s beautiful! Just the kind of dinner I would enjoy. I’ll check out that new cookbook, too.

The Food Hunter — November 18, 2015 at 9:53 am

I love everything about this recipe!! gnocchi are my absolute favorite thing!

Lauren @ Hall Nesting — November 18, 2015 at 12:24 pm

I have always wanted to make gnocchi from scratch but you are right no one has time for that. This is the kind of meal my family would love. I added the cookbook to my wish list.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — November 18, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Sounds so warming and delicious! I love chorizo!

Nicole — November 18, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I am obsessed with gnocchi lately! I need to add this recipe to my menu and that cookbook to my shelf!

Emily — November 18, 2015 at 2:03 pm

The recipe itself looks so delicious, but I especially love that it only takes 20 minutes to prepare! That is my kind of meal 🙂

Angie — November 18, 2015 at 5:03 pm

I love gnocchi and this looks so good! Chorizo is the best! Yummy!

Isabelle @ Crumb — November 18, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I need this pasta in my life right freakin’ now. I’ve actually made something pretty similar with regular pasta before, but this gnocchi version looks like a major upgrade in the flavour department. (Because gnocchi > pasta, amirite?) Love your little pimento shortcut, too!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — November 18, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Gnocchi is one of my favorite comfort foods in the winter. This with chorizo looks incredible!

Julie @ Texan New Yorker — November 18, 2015 at 9:25 pm

I love this! Chorizo is one of my favorite things ever. The book looks so good, I’ll have to check it out, thanks!

Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet — November 18, 2015 at 10:05 pm

So simple and delicious, such a great combination of flavors!

Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen — November 18, 2015 at 10:34 pm

I’m in love with gnochhi and this dish is just downright mouthwatering. Gorgeous. I look forward to checking out Julie’s cookbook!

Sara — November 18, 2015 at 11:17 pm

This looks SO good, I can’t believe it’s ready in only 20 minutes! It looks like it took much longer because it’s so pretty 🙂

Cyndi - My Kitchen Craze — November 18, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Mmmm gnocchi and chorizo sound dreamy together. I love a easy quick meal and this dish is calling my name!!

Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — November 19, 2015 at 9:31 am

OMG!!! This looks seriously amazing! Need to get Julie’s book asap!

Kirsten/ComfortablyDomestic — November 19, 2015 at 10:33 am

Wow, does that look good! Chorizo is my favorite sausage, and gnocchi is my husband’s favorite. It’s like this recipe was made for us.

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — November 19, 2015 at 10:43 am

Such a beautiful and perfect Fall/Winter dish! This is one you eat with your eyes first!

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — November 19, 2015 at 11:17 am

I really need to learn how to cook for two because I always overcook. Always. This looks amazing. I love chorizo but don’t cook with it often. I need to start with this recipe!

Paula - bell'alimento — November 19, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Chorizo and Gnocchi? Yes, please. I’ll take a double helping ; )

Kim Beaulieu — November 20, 2015 at 12:31 am

This looks scrumptious. I could eat an endless bowl of this right now. I’m all for making life easier too so I’m keeping that little trick in mind next time I make a pasta dish.

Anita — November 20, 2015 at 2:37 am

Mmm, this looks awesome! It’s just my husband and me so I love scaled down recipes – I’ll have to check out this book!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — November 20, 2015 at 9:55 am

I have everything i need for this – guess who’s got a bottle of wine and this to make tonight!! What what!!

Caitlin — February 16, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Making this for dinner tonight. What should I serve it with? Rice? Over a bed of lettuce?

Sara — March 15, 2016 at 1:45 am

Made this tonight…Absolutely delicious! It was the very first pinned recipe I got around to actually making and it was a huge success. I loved the entire combination of the chorizo, spinach, and red pepper. Will make again and probably often. Thank you for posting!

Cindy — April 9, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Love love love this combination. I just can’t seem to make the gnocchi without it turning into a gummy mess.

Made with a cheese tortellini instead. OUTSTANDING!

• nutmegnanny replied: — April 13th, 2016 @ 9:16 pm

Hi Cindy! I’m so glad you liked the dish. It’s a household favorite!

Anna — April 21, 2016 at 8:57 am

I just made this last night and may I say…. OMG, it was AMAZING!!! I more then doubled the recipie so I would have enough for my husband and two daughters, with a possibility of some leftovers. We couldn’t get enough. They are already asking when I’m making it again! BTW, have you ever just kept nibbling on a dish while you were cleaning up after dinner was over… That was me last night! Thank you for posting such a yummy creation.

• nutmegnanny replied: — April 25th, 2016 @ 10:37 pm

Hi Anna! I’m so glad your family liked the recipe! It’s so easy to make and is a HUGE favorite around here.

Matt C. — May 1, 2016 at 10:43 am

Any side dish recommendations?

• nutmegnanny replied: — May 5th, 2016 @ 9:35 pm

Hi Matt! I really like this served with a side salad or roasted asparagus!

Patty — June 6, 2016 at 10:19 pm

I made this tonight and we really enjoyed it too. I did make a few substitutions, but not because I wanted to change your recipe – just because it is what I had on hand! I used sweet potato gnocchi that I picked up at our farmer’s market, used spicy chicken sausage from our local Sprouts and roasted my own peppers. It was lovely, thank you so much for the recipe!!!

• nutmegnanny replied: — June 7th, 2016 @ 10:15 pm

Hi Patty! I think the use of sweet potato gnocchi sounds awesome! Plus, I LOVE chicken sausage. I’m so happy you enjoyed the recipe 🙂

Mindy — February 27, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I LOVE this recipe. I’ve made it a few times and wanted to let you know how delicious it is!