Reuben Egg Rolls

These reuben egg rolls are packed full of corned beef, cabbage, sauerkraut and Russian dressing. Fried till crispy and dipped in an beer mustard sauce. Easy to make and PACKED full of delicious reuben flavor.

There used to be this Irish pub not far from my house that served these awesome Irish egg rolls. My husband and I would go and for dinner I would happily order the egg rolls with a side a chili. Obviously chili really isn’t the perfect pairing with the egg rolls but it was a better option that what I really wanted to do – order 2 orders of egg rolls and then eat. them. all.

I was trying to make the mature rational adult choice with my chili. See?

Unfortunately my favorite Irish pub shut down and I about lost my ish. Did they not know they were my favorite? Did they not care that I would no longer get to eat my beloved Irish (aka: reuben) egg rolls? Why would they do this to me? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

reuben egg rolls-2

I know – dramatic. Can you imagine what it’s like living with me? If this his how I react to egg rolls you should see what happens when I find out my favorite TV show is cancelled. Full on adult sized meltdown.

I seem to have a real issue when people don’t care about my food and TV needs.

So after I realized I was acting insane for being annoyed that they closed I got it together and set out to recreate my favorite pub appetizer. Since I’m posting this recipe you have probably figured out it’s worked. These babies are super crispy on the outside and PACKED on the inside. They are stuffed with corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, fresh cabbage and Russian dressing. Then I served them with an Irish beer mustard dipping sauce.

These taste just like the restaurant and cost WAY less to make! It’s a totally win win!

If I had to pick one downside of this recipe it’s that it’s fried. BUT you can’t really get that delicious egg roll crispy taste without frying SO I bit the bullet and did it.

Reuben egg rolls = worth it.

Trust me.

{Looking for more delicious appetizer recipes? Try my spinach artichoke bread, baked southwestern chicken egg rolls or my soy Sriracha deviled eggs.}

Reuben Egg Rolls

Yield: 15 egg rolls

For eggrolls:

• 1 pound thick deli sliced corned beef, cut into small pieces
  • 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1  (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
  • 1/4 cup Russian dressing
  • 15 egg roll wrappers
  • Canola oil

For mustard dip:

• 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1-2 tablespoons dark Irish beer

In a large bowl add corned beef, cabbage, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing. Stir to combine. The mixture should be slightly wet but not soaking in Russian dressing. The dressing should just hold together the mixture.

Take out your egg roll wrappers and place one wrapper like a diamond in front of you. Add a little bit of the corned beef mixture across the egg roll wrapper just a little below the middle. Make sure to leave about an inch on each side so you can fold in your corners.

Then fold up the bottom corner of the egg roll around the mixture and fold in the sides. Wet the edges of the showing egg roll wrapper (the top triangle part) and fold up tightly and set aside, seem side down. You want to roll the egg rolls so they are tight so they filling does not fall out while frying. This maybe take some time to get right but it's ok. You get tons of egg roll wrappers so just start over if it doesn't roll right.

Continue until all the filling has been used.

In high sided frying pan add about 1 inch of canola oil. Once the oil has reached about 375F degrees add in an about 3 egg rolls at a time and fry until golden brown on one side, flip and continue cooking until fully browned on the other side.

Note: The exact amount of egg rolls will depend on how much filling you stick into each egg roll. If you get more than 15 that is ok. Most egg roll packages come with a TON of wrappers!

28 Responses to “Reuben Egg Rolls”

Tori — March 17, 2016 at 5:54 am

Heck yes! I wanna eat them all!

Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom — March 17, 2016 at 7:49 am

You just took a great sandwich and turned it into the most irresistable party food EVER!! Genius!

Levan — March 17, 2016 at 8:21 am

I’ve never had reuben egg rolls in my life (I know right? What am I doing with my life LOL). Thanks for sharing this! Now I’m so keen to try!

Lauren @ Wicked Spatula — March 17, 2016 at 8:38 am

You my friend are a freaking genius. These look INSANELY delicious! I’m off to find GF egg roll wrappers. Fingers crossed.

Christie — March 17, 2016 at 8:54 am

Every time I see your recipes I am mad no one has invited a way to get the food right off the screen. Man it looks so good. I want one right now.

Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens — March 17, 2016 at 9:23 am

I have a serious, longstanding love affair with Reubens. And I always enjoy finding new ways to spin those flavors into other dishes, besides just sandwiches. Seriously, though – this may be the very most creative idea for Reubens that I’ve seen yet! I just love that all that wonderful Reuben flavor is wrapped inside a crunchy shell – the perfect textural complement! Fabulous!

Marye — March 17, 2016 at 10:37 am

These look so delicious! Reuben sandwiches are one of my favorites, I love this alternative!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — March 17, 2016 at 11:33 am

We recently just found out that one of our favorite burger placed closed when we pulled up and it was dark inside. My husband’s face looked like a little kid who had just had their favorite toy stolen from him….I don’t understand why they don’t consult us before closing. 😉 Anyways, these reuben egg rolls look freaking awesome Brandy! So crispy and the Russian dressing is a must for dipping!

Catherine — March 17, 2016 at 11:33 am

Dear Brandy, these egg rolls look fantastic! What a great idea for egg rolls….if I had a pub that served these I’d be heartbroken too if they shut down. I must try these…my family will love them! xo, Catherine

Judy@ImBoredLetsGo — March 17, 2016 at 11:37 am

Now this is calling my name! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything Reuben sandwich inspired! Awesome looking recipe.

Angie — March 17, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Omg, I want that whole plate of egg rolls right now! I need to stuff them in my face! They look so good!!!!

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — March 17, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Reubens are my husband’s favorite! I can’t wait to make these for him! And my kids 🙂

Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet — March 17, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Gasp, I want these!!! What a great idea, these are totally making me drool!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — March 17, 2016 at 5:11 pm

That mustard dip!!! These flavors sound outstanding!

Katalina @ Peas & Peonies — March 17, 2016 at 7:30 pm

OMG these look so incredibly delicious!

Nancy | The Bitter Side of Sweet — March 17, 2016 at 7:36 pm

We have egg rolls on the menu plan for Monday! I am thinking I need to make these instead!

Becky Hardin | The Cookie Rookie — March 17, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I would have never thought of this. Awesome idea. Looks so good.

Laura @MotherWouldKnow — March 17, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Oh my, these look so incredibly good, I want to reach right through the screen. And so creative – next time I see egg roll wrappers I may not be able to resist.

Meg @ With Salt and Wit — March 17, 2016 at 10:26 pm

I love the change up on a Reuben!

Megan Keno — March 18, 2016 at 12:48 am

Wow, these look amazing, I could eat a whole plate of these!

Dee Dee (My Midlife Kitchen) — March 18, 2016 at 10:26 am

I am with you on the tv show cancellations! I am still bitter about a show that was cancelled a year ago. With all of the crap that passes for “good tv” I just lose my mind when ACTUAL good shows go by the wayside. But you know what would make me feel better about it? If you would make me a huge platter of these babies!!! YUM!

Rebeccah @ Of Hops and Honey — March 18, 2016 at 10:49 am

How awesome! I’m not usually an egg roll person (much to my family’s chagrin), but I would definitely make an exception for these!

Karyn @ Pint Sized Baker — March 18, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I HATE it when my favorite restaurant closes. It’s such a bummer to have to find someplace new. UGH! I’m glad that you were able to recreate them at home and no lover feel guilty about just eating them and nothing else 🙂

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — March 18, 2016 at 3:10 pm

My brother loves Reuben! I just bought a few jars of sauerkraut for him at the farmer’s market. He’s going to love these! I totally feel you though! I freaked out when they closed down my favorite lunch place here! I lost my mind hahahaha

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — March 18, 2016 at 6:43 pm

I’m pretty sure I could eat my weight in your Ruben egg rolls. It wouldn’t be pretty, but it would be worth it 😉

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — March 19, 2016 at 9:15 am

Maybe it’s a sign…They shut down so YOU would take over! Could you imagine the fun at your own Pub!! And hey, you already have the Ruben Egg Rolls down!

Tally — March 21, 2016 at 4:55 am

Seriously genius!!

Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) — March 22, 2016 at 6:42 am

These sound incredible. I’d have to skip the Russian dressing, and the mustard sauce … but that’s okay, because they would still be crispy, crunchy, wonderful egg rolls filled with the makings of a Rueben. YUM.