These easy Thai baked chicken meatballs are the perfect flavor-packed dinner or appetizer. They are super easy to put together and bake in under 30 minutes. Plus they are glazed with a sweet chili sauce that brings in the ultimate sweet and spicy flavor!
If you’re in the mood for a delicious and easy dinner I have you covered! These easy Thai baked chicken meatballs are PACKED full of Thai inspired flavor and glazed with sweet chili sauce.
They are sweet, spicy, and sticky.
Which makes them utterly delicious in every. single. way.
Plus, as you all know I’m a true lover of ground chicken so of course, I used them for this baked meatball recipe.
Chicken can easily handle a lot of flavors so that’s why when I figured out I wanted to go with Thai inspired flavors I went right for ground chicken.
I seasoned it up with freshly ground ginger, lemongrass, garlic, and lots of fresh minced herbs.
It was a delicious choice!
Can I use ground turkey, ground beef, or ground pork?
If you don’t have ground chicken my 2 favorite options are to instead use ground turkey or ground pork.
Both of those ground meats tend to be on the leaner side and can handle the strong flavors that we put into these meatballs.
While I’m a huge fan of ground beef it’s not my first choice for this recipe. It has a stronger flavor that may mask some of the fresh herb flavor that’s incorporated in these meatballs.
In order to really put these meatballs over the top, I decided to glaze them sweet chili sauce.
If you’re not familiar with sweet chili sauce it’s basically a spicier sweet and sour sauce.
It’s thick and perfect for glazing with a sweet and spicy bite.
Honestly, it’s one of my most favorite dipping sauce. It’s also awesome on nachos. Look out for that recipe coming soon!
What should I serve with these ground chicken meatballs?
While I’m happy to just shovel these delicious meatballs directly into my mouth they are also delicious served over rice, sauteed red cabbage, or riced cauliflower.
If you opt to make these meatballs smaller you can also easily turn them into an appetizer-sized dish.
And, because I have a real love for sweet chili sauce I always opt to drizzle on a little extra sauce after they have baked. I’m a girl who really likes a dipping sauce.
Can I double this recipe?
Of course! Meatball recipes are some of the best recipes to double.
You’ll want to make sure to place the meatballs in a larger dish but other than that the recipe should remain the same.
If you’re looking for tips to make this dish even easier you can easily purchase grated ginger and grated lemongrass right in the store. Often time it’s found in the refrigerated section of the produce department.
Don’t worry if pre-grated isn’t your game. You can grate your own fresh ginger and garlic!
I like to use a Microplane for this task. It works great for zesting citrus too!
Love these easy Thai baked chicken meatballs?
Try some of my other easy ground chicken recipes!
- Ground Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
- One Pot Ground Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Ground Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Thai Ground Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Baked Chicken Francese Meatballs
- Raspberry Herb Chicken Sausage Patties
- Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 green onions, end trimmed, finely minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 lime, zested
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl add ground chicken, green onions, egg, lime zest, panko breadcrumbs, cilantro, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, and salt.
- Using your hands or a large spoon mix together until combined.
- Shape into 2 tablespoon-sized balls and add to the prepared dish.
- Add to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and baste the top of the meatballs with sweet chili sauce.
- Add back to the oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked and the sweet chili sauce is sticky.
- When fully cooked, remove from the oven and serve with additional sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 736mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 30g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.