Looking for a great way to use leftover turkey? You’ll love this Instant Pot turkey noodle soup! It’s packed full of pulled turkey, vegetables, and noodles all made right in your electric pressure cooker!
We all have our favorite leftover turkey recipes but hands down one of my favorites is this Instant Pot turkey noodle soup.
It’s hearty, full of vegetables, a touch of fresh herbs, and packed full of egg noodles.
The best part is that it’s all made right in the Instant Pot!
I packed it with some fresh sage, garlic, and bay leaves for extra flavor.
This soup is the perfect lazy after holiday meal dish!
Ingredients for Instant Pot turkey noodle soup
- Unsalted butter – butter helps the vegetables brown without burning. You can swap in olive oil if you do not have butter on hand.
- Carrots, celery, onion, and mushrooms – I love a ton of vegetables in my soup and you can use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand and love. For me it was a combination of carrots, celery, onions, and mushrooms.
- Garlic – I love the flavor of fresh garlic but if you don’t have any on hand you can use 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder.
- Sage – turkey and sage go together perfectly! If you don’t have any fresh on hand you can use 1/2 teaspoon dried sage or poultry seasoning.
- Chicken stock – I happened to have chicken stock on hand but you could use turkey stock too.
- Leftover turkey – after Thanksgiving I always have leftover turkey so this is what I’m using for this dish. You could also use pulled chicken or cubed smoked turkey.
- Egg noodles – egg noodles are a classic addition to soups, but elbows or ditalini would also work! The key to cooking pasta in the instant pot is to cook it for half of the time on the box. My egg noodles traditionally cook in 7 minutes on the stovetop so I divide that in half (3.5) and then round down to 3 minutes.
- Bay leaf – adds great depth of flavor and earthiness to the soup. Just make sure to take it out before serving.
How do I store leftover turkey noodle soup?
If you happen to have any leftover soup you can store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze Instant pot turkey noodle soup?
Yes, but the noodles will get very soft.
I personally like to freeze the broth and vegetables and make the noodles fresh upon serving.
If you do opt to freeze the soup you can add it to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 3 months.
Love this Instant Pot turkey noodle soup?
Why not try a few of my other leftover turkey recipes?!
- A classic recipe to help you use up your leftovers. Try my Puff Pastry Turkey Pot Pie.
- Need a crowd pleasing sandwich? Try my Baked Cranberry Cheddar Turkey Sandwiches.
- Craving comfort food? Try my Turkey Wild Rice Chili.
- How about an easy sandwich? Try my Turkey Apple Brie Panini.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Heat the Instant Pot using the saute function and add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the carrots, celery, onion, and mushrooms to the pot and stir to coat all of the vegetables with butter.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
- Next, add the garlic and sage and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken stock, turkey, noodles, salt, pepper, and bay leaf and stir to combine.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook - Manual for 3 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the venting position. Be careful, it may spit and steam when the valve is opened!
- Remove the bay leaf and adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
- Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 772mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 31g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.