These mixed berry white chocolate scones are the perfect sweet breakfast treat. Easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes!
Don’t you love homemade breakfast treats?
These mixed berry white chocolate scones are perfect for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee.
Of course, if I were in England I would slather these scones with clotted cream but since I’m in the US I typically just eat them plain.
Both are delicious!
Plus, the combination of tart berries and sweet white chocolate is a straight up match made in heaven.
Can I use fresh berries?
I just don’t always have fresh berries on hand so I made these with frozen berries.
Either one will work great.
If the frozen berries are super juicy I will sometimes drain them so it does not make the dough too wet.
Can I use semi-sweet chocolate in place of white chocolate?
If you’re not going to use white chocolate chips a great substitution would be semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels.
Also, make sure to pick up a decent quality white chocolate to really bring out that sweet flavor.
What if I want square scones?
That’s totally fine!
Instead of shaping the dough into a round you’ll instead want to shape it into a rectangle.
Give it a cut, brush with heavy creamy, and finish with coarse sugar.
Honestly, that sugar is my favorite part!
Do you love these mixed berry white chocolate scones?
Why not try a few of my other delicious scone recipes!
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Scones
- Parmesan Prosciutto Scones
- Blueberry Goat Milk Scones
- Ham and Cheese Scones
- White Chocolate & Sour Cherry Scones
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and frozen mixed berries, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and 1/3 cup heavy cream.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix and pour the egg mixture into the well.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently stir until just combined. It will be dry and crumbly and won’t hold together well.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured cutting board.
- Using well-floured hands, pat the dough into an 8-inch circle, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Using a sharp knife slice the dough into 8 wedges.
- Baste scones with 1 tablespoon heavy cream and sprinkle the top with coarse sugar.
- Transfer the wedges to the prepared baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- These are best eaten within two days. Store leftovers in an airtight container.