This pesto tuna baguette sandwich is the perfect summer sandwich. Fresh basil pesto mixed with olive oil canned tuna and piled high on a baguette with arugula and hard boiled eggs.
This post is sponsored by Genova Seafood. As always all opinions are 100% my own.
Growing up the only fish I would eat was canned tuna or fish sticks.
That was it.
My dad would come home with beautiful fish filets he caught that day and I was all “NOPE! It’s not from a can or frozen in a box.” I was such a temperamental kid.
Although, I’m just as temperamental as an adult as well. I still don’t eat a lot of fish BUT I’m all about canned tuna.
I love how easy it is to bust open the can and in no time I’m sitting down to lunch.
Although back in the day I was just using canned tuna in water.
Little did I know canned tuna in olive oil is where. it’s. at.
Now, normally when I make tuna salad I go all traditional.
I throw in green onions, celery, and just a touch of mayo. It’s classic and totally delicious.
However, this time, around I went a bit different.
I wanted to try something that was packed full of flavor but not the same old tuna salad.
So, with that, the pesto tuna baguette sandwich was born.
Full of fresh basil flavor and piled high on a crusty baguette with spicy baby arugula and perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs.
This sandwich is so easy you’ll be thinking to yourself “why haven’t I been making this my whole life?!?!”
Want to get the perfect hard boiled eggs? Try my Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
Oh, and if you’re craving a more traditional canned tuna try this tuna sandwich!
More canned tuna recipes
- Craving a great cold summer meal? Try my Tuna Pasta Salad.
- Looking for a little snacky snack? Try my Lemon Herb Tuna Salad Snack Board.
- Love big flavors all rolled into an easy salad? Try my Mediterranean Tuna Orzo Salad.
- Want simple and delicious? Try my Tuna White Bean Herb Salad.
Pesto Tuna Baguette Sandwich
- 2 5 ounce cans olive oil tuna
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto divided
- 1 12 inch baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- Baby arugula
- 3 hard boiled eggs quartered
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Open the canned tuna and drain off any extra olive oil.
- In a small bowl add the tuna and 2 tablespoons of the basil pesto. Mix gently and set aside.
- Spread the remaining pesto on the top and bottom of the inside of the baguette.
- Add baby arugula to the bottom section of the baguette, top with the desired amount of pesto tuna, and then top with hard boiled eggs.
- Season the sandwich with a little kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper and top with the remaining baguette half.