These shrimp couscous packets with avocado mango salsa are the perfect throw it together dinner. All you need to do is wrap it all up in foil, bake or grill and top with salsa. So easy and totally delicious! Ready in under 30 minutes!
Foil packet meals are my JAM! I seriously love how easy they are to make and they take almost no time to throw it all together. I originally made this recipe back in 2011 but decided to give it a little update last week. I didn’t have as many readers back then and I really want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see this recipe.
It’s so easy and flavorful it’s the type of dish you’ll be making every. single. week. PLUS that fresh mango salsa on top totally pulls this whole dish together. I mean, how can you not love a salsa made out of mango, avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, and lime?
I usually make this meal right in my oven BUT it can totally be thrown on the grill too. I mean, as much as I LOVE grilling out it’s not really feasible in the winter. There is so. much. snow. and my grill is in the garage and there is no room for a grill in a 15-inch pile of snow.
You read that right – 15 inches.
I hate to be this person but I’m seriously soooooooo over winter.
2 weeks ago we got about 6 inches of snow, last week we got 18 inches of snow and tomorrow we are getting about 5 inches of snow. All I want out of life is open windows, flowers, and sunshine. I mean, I guess I shouldn’t complain. At least with the time change, we get more sunlight.
Which makes me crazy excited. Hooray for sunshine!
Also, hooray for shrimp couscous packets with avocado mango salsa!
Love these shrimp couscous packets with avocado mango salsa?
Why not try a few of my other delicious shrimp recipes!
- Asian Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich
- Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Shrimp Tacos with Apple Pomegranate Salsa
- Tequila Lime Shrimp Phyllo Cups
- Cajun Shrimp Hummus Crostini
- Skillet Sherry Shrimp and Tomatoes
- Low Country Boil Foil Packets
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 large mango, peeled and small diced
- 1 medium avocado, small diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup small-diced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven or outdoor grill to 450 degrees F.
- Combine couscous with water and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, garlic, cilantro, extra virgin olive oil, coriander, kosher salt, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Using cooking spray coat inside of four 18-inch long pieces of foil.
- Place 2 cups of spinach in the center of each piece of foil.
- Divide couscous and shrimp evenly among packets.
- Fold foil to close and crimp edges to seal.
- If cooking on the grill place on the grill and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the packets are puffed and the shrimp is fully cooked.
- If cooking in the oven put onto a cookie sheet and add to the oven. Cook until packets are fully puffed, 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of salsa on top
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Serve over the shrimp.