Super Simple Lemon Dijon Marinade

This super simple lemon Dijon marinade is the perfect go-to marinade. Use on chicken, fish or even beef! Ready in no time and totally delicious. You’ll love this super simple recipe!

This super simple lemon Dijon marinade is the perfect go-to marinade. Use on chicken, fish or even beef! Ready in no time and totally delicious. You'll love this super simple recipe!

I have always had a love affair with citrus and will pretty much use it anything I can get away with. This super simple lemon Dijon marinade is the perfect vehicle to make my citrus fantasies come true – packed with fresh lemon, honey, Dijon mustard and flavorful spices. I LOVE it on chicken but it’s pretty delicious on shellfish and even on vegetables!

Although I think the best part is that it uses simple ingredients I easily keep on hand and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes. So easy. So delicious. So perfect.

Super Simple Lemon Dijon Marinade

Yield: 1/2 cup marinade

• Zest of one lemon
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 cup olive oil

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Add all ingredients to bowl and whisk together. Add chicken, pork or vegetables and let marinade for an hour.

11 Responses to “Super Simple Lemon Dijon Marinade”

Erica — October 23, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Yum! What a great program. Lemon pairs well with so many flavors

Joanne — October 23, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I think my problem with sodium is that, though I know what foods it’s found it…I love it so much that I eat them anyway! With running so much, I don’t think it really hurts me so much cause I sweat a lot of it out, but I could still afford to use more lemon in my life! This marinade sounds delicious!

Veronica Miller — October 24, 2011 at 3:27 am

I’m impressed that there’s no salt in this! Do you really not add any. ..at all? The marinade sounds super delish!

Blond Duck — October 24, 2011 at 7:55 am

This would be awesome on the grill!

Faith — October 24, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I love adding a squeeze of fresh lemon right at the table…it really enhances the flavor of so many dishes! The marinade sounds delicious!

angela@spinachtiger — October 24, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Love the honey addition. Gives just that extra. This would be great for chicken too. I must admit I love salt though.

Emily Malloy @Cleanliness — October 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm

A great review girly girl! 🙂 Love the flavors!

Cathy @ Savory Notes — October 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I love using lemon (and limes) as salt-alternatives. Especially since I always thought I had my salt intake under control, but after keeping diaries of my food intake, the harsh reality set in. Great post 🙂

Suzanne — October 31, 2011 at 12:03 am

looks like a great marinade, got to give it a try 🙂

1. Pingback: Lemon Chia Seed Muffins | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts