Sparkling Cranberry and Gin Cocktail

IMG_6905 (Large) - Copy

Today is a glorious day! Not only am I participating in a virtual wedding shower for the amazing Nelly of Cooking With Books but it’s also the kick off of The 12 Boozy Days of Christmas! Remember that event? I did it last year too. Basically for the next twelve straight days I will feature one delicious holiday cocktail. Why? Why not! It’s Christmas. It’s time to get liquored up!

Now, onto my wonderful friend Nelly. Nelly is marrying the love of her life this weekend and I’m honored to be part of this party.  Nelly is funny, caring and an all around great friend. Brian is one lucky man!

Elizabeth of the blog Asian in America wrote a lovely little intro for our party:

Nelly Logo3(1)

“And …I said YESSSSS!”

It happened one November midnight, in Twitterverse, we saw this tweet from our dear Nelly. Without missing a beat, we all knew Nelly had “said YES” to her beloved “M”,as she sweetly calls Brian Murray, her fiancé.

So here we are,Nelly dear, your friends in the food world, wishing you and Brian,all the best. And with our wishes, a simple recipe with an easy formula for a life of bliss, rich with EVERYTHING in it!

BLOGGERS RECIPE FOR NELLY ‘S WEDDED BLISS

Mix together: A lot of Love, Patience, Perseverance, Respect, Courage, Strength, Trust, Kindness, Honesty, Compromise & Great Sex.

Stir in : Equal Parts of Love, Support, Faith, Fidelity, Hope, Validation, Friendship, Forgiveness, Communication.

Cook over slow simmer for the rest of your life. Dot daily with a Sense of Humor.

Leave out the nagging, sarcasm, skepticism, doubts and stubbornness.

Serving Suggestions: Best prepared daily. Serve with flourish because Married Life is a FEAST. Live it with flavor, spice it with unconditional love, enjoy its richness.

Recipe Notes: Some ingredients won’t always be fresh or available. Or the heat may flare up and the anger spills over. Simmer down and douse the flames with all the LOVE you can throw in.

Enjoy the feast of marriage, love and life!

(Written by : Elizabeth @Mango_Queen)

IMG_6878 (Large) - Copy

So, what treat am I bringing for the bride-to-be….a delicious gin cocktail! Gin should always be present at any get together. Especially a wedding shower Smile

IMG_6885 (Large) - Copy

Sparkling Cranberry & Gin Cocktail

Yield: 1 drink

4 ice cubes
4 ounces dry gin
1 can (8.4oz) Ocean Spray sparkling cranberry juice
1 lime wedge
4 Whole cranberries

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Add ice cubes to highball glass.

Add gin and sparkling cranberry juice. Squeeze lime into drink and give a gentle stir. Garnish with lime slice and whole cranberries.

Makes 1 drink. However, I recommend drinking more :)

*Ocean Spray has no idea who I am…I just like their sparkling cranberry juice.

Also a big thank you to Sanjeetakk at Lite Bite for putting together this party, and Heather from Farmgirl Gourmet for the beautiful logo :)

Make sure to check out all the other goodies that were brought the Virtual Wedding Shower!

15 Responses to “Sparkling Cranberry and Gin Cocktail”

diabeticFoodie — December 9, 2011 at 3:01 am

Wow, I bet this would be great with an artisan diet ginger ale instead of the gin (I can’t drink much anymore, unfortunately). So glad I got to “meet” you at the shower!

Baker Street — December 9, 2011 at 4:06 am

Mmmmm….I love the sound of cranberry and gin together! Surely nelly is going to love this! :)

Sanjeeta kk — December 9, 2011 at 4:17 am

Thanks for joining the fun and all your support, glad to have you aboard for the virtual shower! Perfect treat for the shower and the cold days ahead. Hugs.

Erica — December 9, 2011 at 7:49 am

That is such a pretty and festive beverage. I’ve never had sparkling cranberry juice. The virtual shower is such a cute shower

Jessica / Green Skies and Sugar Trips — December 9, 2011 at 8:09 am

So very happy for Nelly!!!

And of course this sounds amazing! Gin=LOVE :-)

Sparkling cranberry juice?? How have I NOT heard of this????

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — December 9, 2011 at 8:46 am

This looks so good! I can’t wait for the next 11 days….oh how I wish we all lived closer together. We would have SO much fun!

Jenni — December 9, 2011 at 9:51 am

Whoa–I’m only halfway through the shower and I’m a little drunk already! Refreshing and lovely!

Jessie — December 9, 2011 at 11:03 am

Isn’t Ocean Spray the best? One of my friend’s dad is a food scientist for them. I’ve been hooked since I was a kid. I’m going to try this this weekend, I’ve never had cranberry with gin.

Carrie @ poet in the pantry — December 9, 2011 at 12:06 pm

How did I not know about sparkling cranberry juice? Or the 12 Boozy Days of Christmas, for that matter? Simply awesome!

Julia — December 9, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Super pretty colors . And I LOVE that’s you’re doing a Boozy Days of Christmas!

Barbara — December 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Looks so pretty and festive. I’d be on my rear if I drank 4 oz. of gin, however. Anyone want to share?

Annapet — December 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Thank you for bringing this to the virtual bridal shower hosted by Sanjeeta! ;-) Looking forward to your posts and tweets!

Joanne — December 9, 2011 at 9:55 pm

What a way to kick off the 12 days! And the virtual shower! I love cranberry in my mixed drinks.

Elizabeth @Mango_Queen — December 10, 2011 at 11:39 am

What a delish cocktail…and I love that gorgeous photo! Glad to do this event with you for Nelly. And thanks for using my intro, so nice of you! Happy Holidays & wish you much happiness, as well….I overheard you’re getting married, too?!!! Woohoo! All the best to you both!

Magic of Spice — December 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Congratulations to them both…such fun to have a virtual wedding shower. And really fun to have 12 days of boozy Christmas :) Lovely cocktail!