Hot Cinnamon Toddy

Say hello to winter with this hot cinnamon toddy…
Hot Cinnamon Toddy (1)

Sometimes you just need something that will warm your soul.  This is the drink for that occasion.

When I was a kid I used to sneak drinks of my parents liquor (shhh don’t tell on me.) My favorite part was the way it made my belly warm. I distinctly remember that feeling and how much I loved it.

Hot Cinnamon Toddy Collage

This drink does the same thing but this time I’m actually legal to drink.  I used my favorite cinnamon tea,Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.  If you can’t find it in your local store I would recommend buying it online. It is seriously the best cinnamon tea you will ever have.

Also, since it’s the boozy days of Christmas I had to add a little booze.  I added a little splash of bourbon. You should do the same.

Enjoy!!!

Hot Cinnamon Toddy (3)

Hot Cinnamon Toddy

Yield: 1 cocktail

1 Hot Cinnamon Spice
tea sachet (this tea is also called Hot Cinnamon Sunset)
Boiling water
Splash of bourbon
Cinnamon sticks - optional

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Add tea bag to glass. Top with boiling water and let steep for 8 minutes. Add a splash (or more...) of bourbon and enjoy! Make it look fancy with cinnamon sticks, if desired.

11 Responses to “Hot Cinnamon Toddy”

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — December 11, 2011 at 1:33 am

“splash of bourbon” hee. Sounds awesome Brandy. I need to make this for sure.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I might be drooling a bit right now. Okay not really, that’d be awful. But I really want one of these!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Awesome

Raina — December 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I feel warm and cozy just thinking about this drink. That cinnamon tea sounds great and with the bourbon, perfect for a cold winter evening:)

Reeni — December 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm

This drink was made for me! I feel warm just thinking about it!

Joanne — December 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

I definitely tried my parents’ liquor as a kid and I definitely hated it LOL! But this toddy? Totally instant love.

grace — December 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm

i had no idea a hot toddy was so easy to make! with just the tiniest splash of bourbon, i would really enjoy this!

BigFatBaker — December 14, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Mmm this sounds perfect to warm up on a cold day. I don’t have bourbon but I think whiskey would do the trick ;)

sherri in tn — December 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Love this, the tea sounds good because I love cinnamon. I will try for the new year. thanks,

1. Pingback: 5 Hot toddy recipes from bloggers | عالم رومانسيات