Hot Cinnamon Toddy

A winter drink that will warm you through and through. This hot cinnamon toddy is a nice spin on the classic cocktail.

Sometimes you just need something that will warm your soul.  This is the drink for that occasion.

When I was a kid I used to sneak drinks of my parents liquor (shhh don’t tell on me.) My favorite part was the way it made my belly warm. I distinctly remember that feeling and how much I loved it.

This drink does the same thing but this time I’m actually legal to drink.  I used my favorite cinnamon tea,Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.  If you can’t find it in your local store I would recommend buying it online. It is seriously the best cinnamon tea you will ever have.

Also, since it’s the boozy days of Christmas I had to add a little booze.  I added a little splash of bourbon. You should do the same.

Enjoy!!!

Hot Cinnamon Toddy

Yield: 1 cocktail

1 Hot Cinnamon Spice
tea sachet (this tea is also called Hot Cinnamon Sunset)
Boiling water
Splash of bourbon
Cinnamon sticks - optional

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Add tea bag to glass. Top with boiling water and let steep for 8 minutes. Add a splash (or more...) of bourbon and enjoy! Make it look fancy with cinnamon sticks, if desired.

11 Responses to “Hot Cinnamon Toddy”

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — December 11, 2011 at 1:33 am

“splash of bourbon” hee. Sounds awesome Brandy. I need to make this for sure.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I might be drooling a bit right now. Okay not really, that’d be awful. But I really want one of these!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Awesome

Raina — December 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I feel warm and cozy just thinking about this drink. That cinnamon tea sounds great and with the bourbon, perfect for a cold winter evening:)

Reeni — December 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm

This drink was made for me! I feel warm just thinking about it!

Joanne — December 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

I definitely tried my parents’ liquor as a kid and I definitely hated it LOL! But this toddy? Totally instant love.

grace — December 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm

i had no idea a hot toddy was so easy to make! with just the tiniest splash of bourbon, i would really enjoy this!

BigFatBaker — December 14, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Mmm this sounds perfect to warm up on a cold day. I don’t have bourbon but I think whiskey would do the trick ;)

sherri in tn — December 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Love this, the tea sounds good because I love cinnamon. I will try for the new year. thanks,

1. Pingback: 5 Hot toddy recipes from bloggers | عالم رومانسيات