Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca

This strawberry watermelon agua fresca is the perfect non-alcoholic hot weather treat. It’s made from fresh fruit, lime, seltzer and just a little sugar.

Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca by Nutmeg Nanny

Wow. It feels so weird to be back. I haven’t updated in over a month. You will be happy to hear I’m updating my site and a new site will (fingers crossed) be launching this week! After that happens I will be back to my normal Monday, Wednesday and Friday schedule.  I have lots of delicious stuff sitting in reserves and cannot wait to share it with you all!

Today I’m here for the Secret Recipe Club. I was given the blog Paulchens Food Blog?! to explore. After looking at all the delicious on that site (lots of bread!) I went with a simple and refreshing summer cocktail. You know me. You know my love of the cocktail!

I had some just went strawberry picking so I had lots of strawberries and had also just picked up a watermelon.  It was a match made in heaven. I pureed everything in my food processor because I’m fairly certain I’m on the only food blogger in the world without a blender. The end result was the perfect summer sippin’ drink.  It’s fresh, fruity and bubbly!

Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca by Nutmeg Nanny

Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca

This strawberry watermelon agua fresca is the perfect non-alcoholic hot weather treat. It's made from fresh fruit, lime, seltzer and just a little sugar.

Yield: 1 pitcher

8 ounces diced watermelon
4 ounces strawberries - stems removed
1 half lime - squeezed
1 teaspoon sugar - more if needed
Sparkling white wine or seltzer water

Add watermelon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar in a blender or food processor.

You can strain the mixture if you do not like pulp but I opted not too.

Add the glass with 1/4 fruit puree mixture and top with sparkling white wine or seltzer. Garnish with mint and lime.

18 Responses to “Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca”

Amy @ A Little Nosh — June 4, 2012 at 1:12 pm

My thirst is quenched just from looking at the picture! If you haven’t already, I’d love if you’d check out my SRC pick this month, Dark Chocolate S’mores Pie!

Mellissa — June 4, 2012 at 1:26 pm

So beautiful and refreshing!

Cassie — June 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’m refreshed just looking at this!

Isabelle @ Crumb — June 4, 2012 at 2:10 pm

This looks so delicious and refreshing. I’m on a total strawberry bender right now, so this is going straight to the top of my must-make list. :) I just need to remember to pick up some watermelon on the way home!

Lisa~~ — June 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Agua frescas are favorites in our home come summer time and I’m going to give your version a try as it looks so refreshingly delicious.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my SRC entry Candied Popcorn.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) — June 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Delicious! I love aguas frescas!

Jaida (Sweet Beginnings) — June 4, 2012 at 3:11 pm

What a great drink to bring in the summer weather! Great choice for SRC!

Julie @ Table for Two — June 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I have a TON of watermelon hanging out in the fridge..what a great idea to use them :)

Gretchen (Veggie Grettie) — June 4, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Absolutely perfect for summer…yum!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

I can’t wait to see your new site! Didn’t realize you were doing that, we’ll have to chat soon about it :) We just finished off the CSA strawbs this morning. I miss them already.

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook — June 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

I always drool over these amazing summer drinks, but never actually make one. I may have to change that! This looks so good. And I bet it would be good with a splash of tequila. ;)

sara — June 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Oh, I LOVE agua frescas! So refreshing and delicious. Definitely need to try this one … so pretty!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm

My favorite parts is the bubbles. I can’t explain it lol

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I absolutely have to make this with seltzer water… I am going through cocktail withdrawal!! Looks fabulous and refreshing!

Joanne — June 6, 2012 at 9:01 pm

This cocktail sounds like a breath of fresh air amongst all the more sugary summer treats!

ATasteOfMadness — June 12, 2012 at 11:13 am

Wow, this looks delicious and refreshing. When it gets warm here (sigh, it’s raining today) I will definitely make these, yum!

Jen — April 3, 2013 at 10:41 am

This looks absolutely delicious, just seen it on pinterest. Perfect for spring and summer.

1. Pingback: Friday Favorites – Episode 135 | my kitchen addiction