Homemade Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade Cocktail

This cocktail is perfect for a birthday celebration…

Homemade Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade Cocktail by Nutmeg Nanny

Today is a very special day. Today is the day myself and a few other bloggers wish Rachel of Rachel Cooks a very happy 30th birthday. If you don’t know Rachel then you need to start reading her blog immediately.

Not only is she sweet and funny but she makes pretty amazing food too.

Rachel Cooks Birthday Celebration

I first met Rachel a couple years ago and we hit it off right away. We seemed to just click as friends and I couldn’t be happier. That is why when I knew she was turning 30 I wanted to do something special.

I threw her a virtual baby shower last year but this year it’s all about her. That is why I’m bringing booze to the party! {I would have made a cocktail for the baby shower but I’m fairly certain baby showers and booze do not go together…then again I have never had a kid so what do I know?}

Homemade Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade Cocktail by Nutmeg Nanny

This beautiful cocktail combines just a few ingredients but pretty much tastes like summer in a glass. I know, what a cliche statement to make. But seriously. Homemade infused vodka makes just about anything taste better. During Boozy Days of Summer I made homemade strawberry vodka but this time I decided to dabble with blueberries.

Blueberries are one of my most favorite summer berries so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with it in vodka form. Yeah, it rocked my vodka drinking world. I added a little infused vodka to a glass, topped it with lemonade {I used store bought but homemade is even better} and threw in a handful of frozen berries. Fun fact, frozen berries are really just fun edible ice cubes :)

Homemade Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade Cocktail by Nutmeg Nanny

Homemade Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade Cocktail

Yield: 1 bottle VODKA + 1 DRINK

Prep Time: 7 DAYS FOR THE VODKA + 5 MINUTES FOR THE DRINK

For blueberry vodka:
1 pint blueberries
1 (750ml) bottle vodka

For cocktail:
2 ounces blueberry vodka
6 ounces lemonade
1 tablespoon frozen berries
2 lemons slices

For vodka:
In a large mason jar add washed berries. Slightly muddle the berries and pour the vodka into the jar with the muddled berries.

Cover the jar and store in a cool dark place. Shake the jar once a day. After 1 week the vodka should be ready. The blueberries will look slightly white in color and the vodka will be dark pink/red in color.

If you're not sure if your vodka is ready simple give it a shake and give it a small taste. Does it taste like blueberries? If it does your ready to strain!

Strain your vodka through cheesecloth and store in the fridge in a bottle.

For cocktail:
Add blueberry vodka to a glass, top with lemonade and add in frozen berries and lemon slices.

Other Little Bites and Drinks:

19 Responses to “Homemade Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade Cocktail”

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — August 9, 2013 at 7:48 am

You have no idea how badly I want to taste this!!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 9, 2013 at 8:21 am

Loving this for Friday! A great way to use up summer blueberries and beat the heat at the same time…while catching a buzz. Yes!

Happy Valley Chow — August 9, 2013 at 9:42 am

Perfect time of year to use berries, definitely want to give this a try!

Shanna@ pineapple and coconut — August 9, 2013 at 10:14 am

I will gladly drink one or 5 for Liz! ha ha.. And booze is totally ok for baby showers. I served beer and mai tais at one of mine. Just because I couldn’t drink doesn’t mean everyone else had to suffer ha ha ha

jacquie — August 9, 2013 at 10:45 am

Oh that looks good. What did you do w/ the blueberries after? I wonder if they would be good over ice cream or in a bar cookie? We are full into peach season where i am and the blueberries are gone. You wouldn’t happen to know where i could find a recipe for brandied or rum’d (is that a word?) peaches would you?

Rachel Cooks — August 9, 2013 at 1:09 pm

You are amazing, my friend. Now move to MI, dang it!!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for putting this together. Means the world to me and I wish we were enjoying this cocktail together in real life! xo

Keeley @ My Life on a Plate — August 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Awesome idea! I love that this vodka is ready to drink in one day. I’ve been meaning to experiment with flavored vodka this summer… hopefully I still have time to grab some fruit. Costco has decent quality vodka (their Kirkland brand) for very affordable prices. I see some vodka projects in my future.

Megan's Cookin' — August 9, 2013 at 8:02 pm

This sounds so refreshing and pretty too. Love that you made your own flavored vodka too

Joanne — August 9, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I so wish I had gotten a taste of that strawberry vodka! Sigh. Need to make up for it by making this blueberry vodka. And inhaling it in lemonade form.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 9, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Omg STUNNING! I want! Best use EVER of blueberries! Pinned! I’m here in Aruba and every time I walk past the Westin pool, I remember our little meetup. Why didnt we start drinking?! What were we thinking! lol

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper — August 12, 2013 at 4:06 pm

This sounds delicious!

Reeni — August 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Anything with blueberries feels like summer! This looks insanely delicious and so stinkin’ refreshing!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — August 13, 2013 at 12:09 am

You always make such yummy drinks!!

Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out — August 13, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I could drink a gallon of this. And then I’d be on the floor. The end.

marla — August 14, 2013 at 8:08 am

TOTALLY my kinda cocktail…pinned!

Jen @ Savory Simple — August 14, 2013 at 9:22 am

What an awesome drink!

katie — August 20, 2013 at 9:01 am

Yum! This cocktail sounds amazing!

1. Pingback: Heirloom Tomato Bacon Shortcakes