This garlic rosemary roast leg of lamb is the perfect alternative Thanksgiving dinner. Full of garlic and fresh herb flavor and roasted to perfection. Great when served alone or piled high on flatbread with homemade tzatziki sauce.
Now, I know lamb isn’t traditionally Thanksgiving food BUT I’m here to tell you it totally can be.
BUT BUT BUT roast lamb is pretty freaking spectacular and is a great option for all those “I ONLY EAT RED MEAT!” lovers in your life.
You have those people in your family, right?
In my case, those family members not only love red meat they also love all things garlic and all things fresh herbs.
Soooooo lucky for them I decided to make my friends and family a little Friendsgiving lamb feast.
I also threw in some green beans, roasted butter potatoes, red wine, fresh tzatziki, and some flatbread.
LET THE FEAST BEGIN!
It’s ok if you’re sitting there thinking “ummmmmm I’ve never made lamb before and it looks intimidating.”
I get that feeling but I promise it’s easy peasy.
I made a delicious rub out of chopped rosemary, mint, garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.
Then I took that rub and covered this delicious hunk of meat all over.
I also put extra garlic cloves and rosemary in the pan I cooked the roast in because of OMG THAT GARLIC SMELL!
Simply put this garlic rosemary roast leg of lamb is delicious on its own but it’s also pretty delicious when loaded up on flatbread and smothered in tzatziki sauce.
Sweet baby J YES!
Love this Garlic Rosemary Roast Leg of Lamb?
Why not try a few of my other delicious lamb recipes?!
- Love grilled lamb chops? Try my Grilled Lamb Chops with Pistachio Mint Pesto.
- Craving soup? Try my Lamb Meatball Couscous Soup.
- Love a one pot meal? Try my Moroccan Lamb Couscous.
- Want a twist to a classic Italian dish? Try my Lamb Bolognese.
- Need an easy and filling appetizer or dinner? Try my Greek Topped Hummus.
- 6 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add your leg of lamb to a roasting dish or large cast iron skillet for roasting.
- In a small bowl add garlic, olive oil, minced rosemary, minced mint, kosher salt and cracked pepper. Mix together till combined.
- Rub the herb mixture all over the leg of lamb coating all sides. Add your extra garlic and rosemary around the sides of the lamb.
- Add lamb to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes per pound. For a 6 pound roast I roasted my leg of lamb 90 minutes.
- Let the leg of lamb rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1252Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 422mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 116g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.