Coconut Mojito

This coconut mojito is made with fresh mint, lime and coconut rum. It’s the type of drink that makes you feel like you are in a tropical paradise….

Coconut Mojito by Nutmeg Nanny

I know it’s only Thursday but it’s time to bust out some coconut rum and enjoy the week! This coconut mojito is one of my favorite summertime libations. It’s slightly sweet, minty and full of coconut flavor. If you were feeling fancy you could throw on a toasted coconut rim but I like to just stick with the coconut rum. While I’m all for fancy rims I save those exclusively for margaritas.

Plus I’m not a fan of toasted coconut flaking off my drink and landing all over my clothes.

Coconut Mojito by Nutmeg Nanny

Also can we take a few minutes and talk about how much I love the show The Mindy Project. Seriously, I love it so much it makes me giddy inside every time I see there is a new episode on my DVR. I have always loved Mindy Kaling and I re-read (well really I listen since it’s an audiobook) her book on on every single road trip I take. This will probably sound super “high school girl obsessed with TeenBop magazine” but I swear we could be friends if we met in real life. Sadly I doubt we would ever meet. I mean unless she wanted to hire a private chef that is really just a blogger who would only wear yoga pants to work.

It could happen…right?

Coconut Mojito by Nutmeg Nanny

I threw together this drink for my friends over at Truvia after taking this fun drink personality quiz. The quiz let me know that I’m a laid back cocktail drinker and what’s more laid back than a mojito? It’s the type of drink that makes you feel like you are in some tropical paradise while you are sipping away. Plus with the addition of coconut rum instead of plain rum it bumps that tropical daydream even higher.

Say hello to spring {and summer} with this tasty cocktail!

Coconut Mojito

This coconut mojito is made with fresh mint, lime and coconut rum. It's the type of drink that makes you feel like you are on the beach while sipping away.

Yield: 1 drink

• 6 mint leaves
  • 1 lime, cut in half
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons Truvia Spoonable (more if desired)
  • 2 ounces coconut rum
  • Ice
  • Seltzer water

In a tall (12 ounce) glass add mint leaves, juice of half a lime and Truvia.

Using a wooden muddle muddle the mint into the bottom of the glass. This will release the mint flavor and help dissolve the Truvia. The mint will tear, this is totally normal.

Pour in coconut rum and stir to combine. Your Truvia should be dissolved at this point.

Fill the glass to the top with ice and pour in seltzer water. Serve with an extra wedge of lime and enjoy!

Disclosure: I am compensated from Truvia for using their products. All opinions are 100% my own.

27 Responses to “Coconut Mojito”

Cassie — April 24, 2014 at 8:36 am

I love mojitos and I just realized it’s mojito season! Love the coconut.

Beth @ The First Year — April 24, 2014 at 8:47 am

I love the added twist of coconut, sounds delicious friend!

Christiane ~ Taking On Magazines — April 24, 2014 at 9:09 am

Is it terrible that I’ve seen or heard of The Mindy Project? Now I have one more show I need to check out, thanks. 🙂 I love mojitos and think this version sounds absolutely fantastic.

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — April 24, 2014 at 9:10 am

I love love love Truvia and mojitos. This is exactly what my Thursday is going to look like!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — April 24, 2014 at 9:33 am

You take the most gorgeous drink photos. I love this!!!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — April 24, 2014 at 9:41 am

Oh My mojitos!!! I love them and my husband really LOVES them! Those photos are beautiful too!

Christine from Cook the Story — April 24, 2014 at 10:06 am

I’m ready for 5 pm… and a couple of these!!

Brenda@SugarFreeMom — April 24, 2014 at 10:13 am

Oh my goodness this sounds so refreshing! I love coconut and lime so this would work for me!

Angie McGowan — April 24, 2014 at 10:26 am

I picked the wrong time to stop drinking. This looks absolutely amazing!!! Perfect for spring!

Amy @Very Culinary — April 24, 2014 at 11:30 am

Oh dear. You make me want to drink. At 8am. I’m tellin’ you – we should co-conspire this summer. I make the salads or popsicles and you bring the booze. Party at my house!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — April 24, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I absolutely freaking love this. So yummy!

Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled — April 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Cheers to the weekend! I love mojitos and I wish I could just grab one right from your photos off my screen right now! Looks so refreshing 🙂

Emily @ Life on Food — April 24, 2014 at 9:19 pm

We are trying to stock up our liquor cabinet and this is a great reminder that I need to get some rum. Coconut rum would be ideal. These drinks looks great.

Crystal | Apples & Sparkle — April 25, 2014 at 2:22 am

Oh man this sounds like a fab drink! I love me a good Mojito and I love Coconut Rum too, it was the first hard alcohol I ever bought just after turning 21 (many, many… many moons ago). Thanks for sharing, this is totally happening in my house soon!

Jessica (Savory Experiments) — April 25, 2014 at 11:52 am

I can picture it now… sitting in the sun sipping a Coconut Mojito, listening to a little Jimmy Buffet. 🙂

grace — April 27, 2014 at 8:08 am

i’ve found that the only alcohol i can actually enjoy is coconut rum, so this would be a winner with me!

amanda @ fake ginger — April 28, 2014 at 8:33 am

This sounds like a good Monday morning breakfast, right?

Right?

Coconut is my favooooorite summer flavor so I definitely need to make this. But I don’t think I can wait until summer.

• nutmegnanny replied: — April 28th, 2014 @ 8:58 am

Moijitos are the BEST way to start the day 🙂

Joanne — April 29, 2014 at 10:31 am

I feel like Mindy would DEFINITELY approve of you wearing yoga pants to work for her as a personal chef! She’s the best. LOVE that book and that show. Sipping one of these mojitos while watching it would probably make my week.

1. Pingback: Hello + An Update | Elizabeth Ashleigh

2. Pingback: Summer Inspiration | sevenlayercharlotte

3. Pingback: we love inspiration: Drinks | we love handmade

4. Pingback: 85 Refreshing Summer Drink Recipes - A Cedar Spoon

5. Pingback: 5 Drinks to Feel a Little Classier on St Patrick’s Day | 365Hangers

6. Pingback: Cinco De Mayo Cocktails: HOORAY! magazine