Double Chocolate S’mores Milkshake

This double chocolate s’mores milkshake is the most over the top way to enjoy s’mores. It’s full of marshmallow sweetness, chocolate goodness and graham cracker deliciousness.

Double Chocolate S'mores Milkshake by Nutmeg Nanny

I cannot talk about s’mores and not think of the movie The Sandlot. Seriously, it cannot be done.

“Hey Smalls, you wanna s’more?”

“Some more of what?”

“No, do you want a s’more?”

“I haven’t had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?”

“You’re killing me Smalls! These are s’mores stuff! Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the mallow. When the mallows flaming you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf.”

Best. Movie. Ever.

Double Chocolate S'mores Milkshake by Nutmeg Nanny

I was asked to team up with Campfire Marshmallows and I pretty much jumped at the opportunity to create a s’mores sweet treat.  I used their giant roasters {seriously people these things are HUGE and the perfect size for s’mores making!} to create the perfect summertime dessert sipper. The milkshake is a twist on my toasted marshmallow milkshake by adding in lots of chocolate and graham cracker crumbs.

I will warn you that the milkshake is a little sweet but I feel like if you are down with making a s’mores milkshake you probably already knew that. Oh I should also mention that I totally “roasted” this giant marshmallow beauties right in my kitchen. I put them on a wooden skewer, light them on fire and let them toast! It’s like a campfire in your kitchen! Plus it’s just really fun lighting marshmallows on fire.

After throwing everything together in the blender I topped my milkshake with another large toasted marshmallow, a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs and then drizzled the whole thing with chocolate syrup. You know, because their wasn’t enough sweetness going on.

Double Chocolate S'mores Milkshake by Nutmeg Nanny

Double Chocolate S'mores Milkshake

This double chocolate s'mores milkshake is the most over the top way to enjoy s'mores. It's full of marshmallow sweetness, chocolate goodness and graham cracker deliciousness.

Yield: 2 servings

2 cups chocolate ice cream
4 Campfire® Marshmallows Giant Roasters, toasted
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate morsels
1/4-1/2 cup milk, use as needed
Chocolate syrup, optional

In a blender add ice cream, 2 marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate morsels and 1/4 cup milk.

Mix on high, adding more milk if needed to thin out milkshake.

Pour into 2 glasses, top with remaining toasted marshmallows, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with a few more graham cracker crumbs.

Note: I toast my marshmallows by putting them on a skewer and lighting them on fire. If that doesn't sound like fun to you then simple pop them under the broiler (of your electric oven) and quickly toast them.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by  Campfire® Marshmallows. All opinions are my own.

41 Responses to “Double Chocolate S’mores Milkshake”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — June 16, 2014 at 6:29 am

This milkshake is absolutely INSANE! In the best possible way of course. There’s s’mores…and there is double chocolate s’mores milkshakes – you took a classic to a whole new level of yum! Pinned!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 16, 2014 at 6:37 am

hahahahaha, love that movie! And I totally think the same thing. This milkshake is a total babe! Love the recipe :)

How to Philosophize with Cake — June 16, 2014 at 7:47 am

That sounds amazing! S’mores flavors sound like they would go wonderfully in a milkshake! :)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 16, 2014 at 7:53 am

I would devour this!!! So good!

Happy Valley Chow — June 16, 2014 at 8:27 am

That looks soooooo absolutely fantastic I can’t even handle it. The picture of the burning marshmallow is awesome as well…that’s exactly how I like them :)

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Martha @ A Family Feast — June 16, 2014 at 8:32 am

WOW. Just WOW….

Emily — June 16, 2014 at 8:53 am

YUM!! that looks incredible. That photo of the marshmallow is amazing ;o) Pinned… drooling ;o)

Brenda@SugarFreeMom — June 16, 2014 at 9:02 am

I love your method….. “lighting your marshmallows on fire”! Who wouldn’t think that isn’t fun?!!

Angie — June 16, 2014 at 9:13 am

This s’mores milkshake looks amazing! Love that shot of the flaming marshmallow too, cute!

Deanna Segrave-Daly — June 16, 2014 at 9:28 am

Dang – you just blew my mind with this milkshake. Just when I thought a s’more couldn’t get better…..BTW that photo of the lit marshmallow – SO cool.

Becca Heflin — June 16, 2014 at 10:50 am

Most awesome marshmallow photo ever award goes to…. YOU! Ohmigerd <3

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life — June 16, 2014 at 11:32 am

That is one crazy awesome looking milkshake!!! Love love love that giant toasted marshmallow on top!!!

Ginny McMeans — June 16, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Your photos are beautiful and the milkshake looks fantastic!

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — June 16, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Of all the food I’ve looked at today (and it was a lot!) I want this MOST of all!!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — June 16, 2014 at 1:56 pm

This has to be one of the best ways to enjoy s’mores! So good!

Chelsea — June 16, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Yes. That is pretty much all I can say. I just want this now!

Carrie Groneman — June 16, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Oh my, you actually found a way to take toasted marshmallows up a notch! Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

Claire Gallam — June 16, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I want to take that on a date. Holy delicious face.

Susan — June 16, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I LOVE THAT MOVIE! I think it’s on netflix now and I so want to watch it! Also you roast marshmallows my way, burnt. Great picture. Now please pass me a shake.

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — June 16, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Bahahahaha! Thank you for the awesome throw back to one of my most favorite childhood movies! And didn’t everyone totally have a crush on Benny “The Jet” Medoza? Just me? No? Either way, I’m so glad you posted this milkshake. because it is AMAZING!

Amanda(The Kitcheneer) — June 16, 2014 at 6:11 pm

This milkshake looks incredible!!!

Emily {Jelly Toast} — June 16, 2014 at 6:57 pm

YES!! A fellow Sandlot fan :) I am always muttering “When the mallow is a flaming….” Classic! And these milkshakes?! Brilliant, my dear! Utterly brilliant :)

Kim Beaulieu — June 16, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I want to swim in this. Seriously. I think you’re an evil genius. And I dig it.

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — June 16, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Dude seriously? I’m going to have to go make these right now. Yup.

christine — June 16, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Um, I am kind of speechless…..This looks crazy good.

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — June 17, 2014 at 8:20 am

Amazing! And that marshmallow photo…crazy good :)

Jessica @ Stuck on Sweet — June 17, 2014 at 9:16 am

Wow! I need one of these right now! Love the picture of the burning marshmallow!

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — June 17, 2014 at 9:18 am

What?? I want Smore!!! Stat!

Angela {Mind Over Batter} — June 17, 2014 at 9:57 am

This is INSANITY! I wasn’t ready… I wasn’t ready for this deliciousness! I am ALWAYS down with a sweet milkshake that includes roasting a giant marshmallow! You don’t have to ask me twice…

Elizabeth @ Food Ramblings — June 17, 2014 at 10:14 am

Your photos are gorgeous! I especially love the one with the burnt marshmallow!

Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos — June 17, 2014 at 10:20 am

OMG I want this in the worst way – would it be wrong to add a bit of “spirit” too it as well – hmmmm….

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — June 17, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I love that movie haha, oh and I LOVE this milkshake!

Rose | The Clean Dish — June 17, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Your photos are absolutely stunning!! You couldn’t have illustrated this milkshake any better :) I’ll go ahead and say it’ll probably be too sweet for me (since you already mention it’s on the sweet side anyway) but I know my friend’s kids will *love* it — I’ll surprise them with this next time their over!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Emily @ Life on Food — June 17, 2014 at 8:05 pm

S’mores. Milkshake. Yes, please!!! And the sweeter the better. And I always think about Sandlot too!!

valmg @ From Val's Kitchen — June 18, 2014 at 7:30 am

I love a good shake! This looks delicious and rich, the way a shake should be!

Shawn @ IWYD — June 19, 2014 at 3:41 pm

This milkshake looks ridiculously delicious! LOVE that photo of the flaming marshmallow!

Joanne — June 21, 2014 at 7:35 am

Your photo of the on fire marshmallow. Whoa. Gorgeous.

Though I’m pretty sure this shake tastes even better than that looks! So. Yeah. Mind=blown.

Rebecca Flagg — August 4, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Oh wow! This is a thing of beauty, swooning over this milkshake, YUM!

1. Pingback: summer s'mores bar #smoreschat {video} - Jelly Toast

2. Pingback: Smoothie & Shake Round-UP

3. Pingback: 100 Frozen Drinks - Chocolate Chocolate and More!