Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich with Moist Maker

This leftover Thanksgiving sandwich with moist maker is the perfect way to pay homage to your favorite Friends episode. All the taste of a Thanksgiving dinner with a secrete gravy soaked moist maker middle!

Knock-knock. Who’s there? Ross Geller’s lunch. Ross Geller’s lunch, who? Ross Geller’s lunch, please don’t take me. Okay?

When I heard Friends was going to be coming to Netflix in January I just about lost my ish. Do you have any idea what this means? This means I can sit home in the middle of winter doing nothing but watching episode after episode of Friends. Seriously, if you don’t hear from me for awhile send a search party in after me. You will probably find me molded to my couch eating popcorn and drinking bottle after bottle of seltzer water.

I will probably have a few boxes of Nutty Bars too. When binge watching TV one must do it while enjoying their favorite sweet treat.

{The following picture is my lovely friend Gina. She and I sometimes get together to cook and photograph for our blogs.ย This was her attempting to take a bite of this bad boy}

Well if you haven’t guessed it this sandwich is a big “heeeeeyyyyyyy” to my friends at Friends. This goes back to the episode where Ross goes crazy because his boss stole his favorite leftover sandwich (with moist maker!) from the office refrigerator. Then he couldn’t finish it all and threw it away.

You threw my sandwich away? My sandwich???

If you’re still clueless to what I’m rambling about here is a little help. In the episode Ross’s sister (Monica) makes him his favorite leftover Thanksgiving sandwich. It including all the taste of Thanksgiving in sandwich form. In the middle of the sandwich is a gravy soaked piece of bread he lovingly refers to as the “moist maker”

Fun fact: I hate the word “moist” but when joined with maker I don’t mind it at all. Who knew?

So, put on your fat pants for day two of eating and make yourself a leftover Thanksgiving sandwich with moist maker. Trust me, it will be worth it.

Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich with Moist Maker

Yield: 1 very large sandwich

• 3 slices thick whole wheat bread
  • 1/2 cup leftover turkey gravy
  • 1/3 cup leftover stuffing, warmed
  • 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
  • 3 tomato slices
  • 4-5 slices leftover turkey (depening on slice size)
  • 1/4 cup cranberry sauce

Set bread slices to the side.

In a small skillet warm gravy over low heat. Once warmed remove from heat and add 1 slice bread to the gravy. Let sit for 1 minute and flip.

While the other side of the bread soaks up the gravy start assembling the sandwich.

Lay out a plain slice of bread and top with stuffing, half the baby spinach leave and tomato slices.

Top with gravy soaked slice of bread.

Top the gravy bread with turkey, cranberry sauce and remaining baby spinach.

Top off with last slice of bread and enjoy!

23 Responses to “Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich with Moist Maker”

Sune Moolman — November 26, 2014 at 6:46 am

Oh my gosh that photo of Gina! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Look amazing, I’ll have to make myself two of those (kidding)!

Melissa from HungryFoodLove.com — November 26, 2014 at 7:02 am

This truly looks like a bad boy… so, so awesome! Oh and I love you have a blogger friend to share with. Love it!

Aggie — November 26, 2014 at 7:14 am

This post makes me smile. Love me some Friends. And love me this sandwich. And is that a Gina cameo? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — November 26, 2014 at 7:50 am

“Note: The sandwich is messy and delicious. There is simply no way around the drippiness.”
    YES. I want this sandwich! AND, I love the shot of Gina! Pinned!

Julia — November 26, 2014 at 8:30 am

I LOL-ed so hard when I read the title of this post in my blog feed!! The turkey sando/moist maker episode is one of my all-time favorite episodes of Friends! ever since I saw that episode, I’ve been sure to include a moist maker in every one of my Thanksgiving leftover sandos. Beautiful, my dear…just.beautiful!

Cassie — November 26, 2014 at 8:40 am

Let the binge watching commence. I was just thinking I needed a new show to watch but I had NO idea Friends was coming to Netflix. I can’t wait.

Stefanie - Sarcastic Cooking — November 26, 2014 at 8:58 am

this is the best! Seriously! “Myyyy saaaandwich??!?!??” I too cannot wait to just sit and binge on my fave episodes! Love that picture of Gina!

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — November 26, 2014 at 9:38 am

Friends is coming to Netflix?! Awesome! Now I can finally retire my very well-used DVDs. Oh, and this sandwich is AWESOME!

Jeff the Chef — November 26, 2014 at 9:39 am

Fantastic pics and nice writing! I want one of these sandwiches!

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — November 26, 2014 at 10:56 am

oh my gawd, now this is a sandwich! WOW-za!!!

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — November 26, 2014 at 11:49 am

THIS SANDWICH! Holy cow!! It looks incredible! And that picture of Gina made me laugh out loud!!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — November 26, 2014 at 11:58 am

You and Gina. Both your pictures just make me want to give up on this whole food blogging thing. Then I go look at some other blogs and decide that maybe I can stick around.

That sandwich is gorgeous and I also love the Gina picture!

Cookin Canuck — November 26, 2014 at 1:38 pm

As soon as I saw the title, that whole Friends episode came rushing back to me, especially the scene in the coffee house when Ross is loopy on sedatives and eating cotton candy. Love that picture of Gina!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — November 26, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Best episode ever!! Gotta love the moistmaker!

Heather | girlichef — November 26, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I’d forgotten all about that episode…I think I need to pull a refresher binge when the time comes! This sandwich looks ridiculous, and how much fun is the moist maker!?

Lora @cakeduchess — November 26, 2014 at 10:39 pm

We have been catching up on Friends on TBS and so many episodes I forgot about. Now this sandwich, oh my goodness!! Great photo of Gina! Happy Thanksgiving, Brandy!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — November 27, 2014 at 5:46 am

My sandwich!

I am seriously so excited that you tackled the moist maker. So excited. You have no idea.

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — November 27, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I am laughing. I loved the post. And the sandwich. But THE best part was the pic with you trying to eat that baby!

kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — December 1, 2014 at 8:28 am

This was my all-time favorite Friends episode and my favorite sandwich element! Your version looks simply gut-bustingly delicious!

Meseidy — December 1, 2014 at 11:05 am

Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches are my favorite part of Thanksgiving!

Joanne — December 1, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Now that is a leftover sandwich worth getting excited about! And uh that is an awesome episode. They just don’t make tv like that anymore.

1. Pingback: Turkey Wild Rice Chili - Nutmeg Nanny