Traditional Irish Coffee {Video Recipe}

This traditional Irish coffee is made the classic way – brown sugar, coffee, Irish whiskey and whipped cream. It warms you up and is ready in 10 minutes!

This traditional Irish coffee is made the classic way - brown sugar, coffee, Jameson Irish whiskey and whipped cream. It warms you up and is ready in 10 minutes!

Yesterday it was 53 degrees so I opened up all my windows and pretended it was spring. I dusted, vacuumed and diffused my most favorite oil blend – peppermint mixed with lavender. Hello fresh!

Then today I woke up and it’s cold again. That springtime feeling was short lived. Remind me again why I live in New York? Also, when did I become the type of person who actively talks about the weather? It’s like I’m turning into my grandfather. Except I don’t chew tobacco, play endless hours of solitaire or own an awesome pair of white patent leather loafers. Yeah, my grandfathers slip on “go out and work in the garage” shoes were patent leather.Β He was so kick ass.

You know what else my grandfather would have loved? Irish coffee. I’m pretty sure if I made him this recipe he would have stopped watching Dallas and put all of his attention into this drink #truth

If you haven’t guessed yet Gina and I have teamed up once again for another dose of Kick Sass Kitchen. {Did you watch our last video? My part was all about the Classic Manhattan Cocktail}This video is celebrating all things slightly St. Patrick’s Day. So basically that just means we made some Irish sounding stuff that has been infused with booze. Sorry Irish people, the drunken boozy stereotype lives on. I feel like I’m allowed to say this since my last name is O’Neill.

*Shoulder shrug*

I also threw in the outtakes because really that is my favorite part. It’s mostly me being an ass and Gina looking at me like I’m a crazy person.

{I know you want Gina’s recipe for no bake Irish cream cheesecake so head on over and get it!}

This traditional Irish coffee is made the classic way - brown sugar, coffee, Jameson Irish whiskey and whipped cream. It warms you up and is ready in just 10 minutes!

Are you looking for ever MORE delicious cocktails? Try my Irish coffee frappe, spiked Nutella hot chocolate or my spiked hot chocolate with vodka marshmallow whipped cream!

Traditional Irish Coffee

This traditional Irish coffee is made the classic way - brown sugar, coffee Irish whiskey and whipped cream. It warms you up and is ready in 10 minutes!

Yield: 2 servings

• 1/2 cup cold whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 10 ounces hot brewed coffee
  • 3 ounces Irish whiskey

In the bowl of an electric mixer add cold whipping cream and beat until very soft peaks have formed. The whipped cream should be thickened but still light and spoonable. Set aside once ready.

Set out 2 traditional Irish coffee mugs (or 2 coffee cups) and add 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar into each cup.

Pour 5 ounces hot coffee into each glass and stir to help dissolve the brown sugar.

Pour in 1-1/2 ounce Irish whiskey into each glass.

Carefully spoon whipped cream onto the top of the coffee. You should have a 1-2 inch thick topping of whipped cream.

27 Responses to “Traditional Irish Coffee {Video Recipe}”

Martha @ A Family Feast — March 13, 2015 at 8:06 am

Love the outtakes – you two seem like you are having so much fun! And of course – the recipes…fantastic and perfect for St. Patrick’s day!

Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious — March 13, 2015 at 8:08 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had an Irish Coffee! Must remedy THAT!

Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files — March 13, 2015 at 9:11 am

I need this in my life. Since its coffee it is okay to add to my morning cup and my afternoon? Then on the rocks for dessert, right? And that doesn’t make me an alcoholic right? Glad we agree.

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — March 13, 2015 at 9:56 am

LOVE both of these recipes and the video! You two are adorable!

Trish - Mom On Timeout — March 13, 2015 at 10:18 am

This just has to happen! And your video is SO cute! Love that kitchen!

heather @french press — March 13, 2015 at 10:28 am

I just love your videos – and what could be better than an Irish coffee and some cheesecake to make any afternoon more fun!

Cookin Canuck — March 13, 2015 at 10:56 am

The outtakes are too much fun…but I want to hear Brandy sing for longer! This Irish coffee has always been a favorite here, but I haven’t made it forever. Time to remedy that.

Amy @ A Healthy Life For Me — March 13, 2015 at 12:47 pm

That vidoe is AWESOME! loved it, laughed tears. Ginger is a star, and so are you! Keep doing videos you are a natural.

Faith (An Edible Mosaic) — March 13, 2015 at 1:14 pm

You and Gina are so much fun! Love the videos. πŸ™‚

And I love the sound of this coffee! I bet the brown sugar is over the top amazing in there.

sue|theviewfromgreatisland — March 13, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Irish Coffee is my favorite, all year round, and I love the videos!

Angie — March 13, 2015 at 2:16 pm

What a fun video! I love the out takes too, so cute, and these recipes are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!

Lana | Never Enough Thyme — March 13, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I always enjoy a good, rich Irish coffee! One of my favorites!

Miranda @ Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt — March 13, 2015 at 4:49 pm

I think this coffee in my life. It sounds fantastic! Your G-pa sounds pretty kick ass if I do say so myself. I had to check out the video too. Loveeee.

Michele @ Flavor Mosaic — March 13, 2015 at 5:20 pm

You two are hilarious! I need some of this Irish Coffee!

Amanda @ Cookie Named Desire — March 13, 2015 at 7:57 pm

This was just too much fun to watch haha. I need a bit of this coffee in my life. Like, yesterday.

Heather / girlichef — March 13, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I’m so loving your videos – you guys are so much fun! And I love me some Irish Coffee…pass me one and I’ll enjoy it next to my open window, too (51 degrees, baby). πŸ˜‰

amanda @ fake ginger — March 13, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Gorgeous photos! And I loved the video! You guys are so cute!

Ashley (QLCC) — March 13, 2015 at 11:43 pm

Can I just have this coffee every morning? Please?

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — March 14, 2015 at 1:55 pm

You have a pretty singing voice! Please sing the next recipe video. That’d be different. πŸ˜€

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — March 14, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Haha I too have become one of those people that talks about the weather! haha What’s wrong with us?! Love the coffee and the cheesecakes! {Your videos are my favorite!}

Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — March 15, 2015 at 9:56 am

Your videos are the best….so much fun! Love both recipes…so easy and I’m all about the Irish Coffee. πŸ™‚

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — March 16, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I love Irish coffee!! I don’t think I’ve ever made it with brown sugar though…i’ll have to try that next time.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — March 16, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Any coffee that involves a little whiskey, brown sugar, and whipped cream…count me in!!

Joanne — March 17, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Ummm those outtakes were the best part of my night. Seriously. I’m sure they’d be even better after downing a few of these Irish coffees!

1. Pingback: No Bake Irish Cream Cheesecake - Running to the Kitchen