Cilantro Margarita

This cilantro margarita is perfect for cinco de mayo or any day of the year. Perfectly sweet with a fresh burst of lime and a hint of fresh cilantro.

A few weeks ago I went down to DC with Gina to visit Julie from the blog Table for Two. We basically ate for 3 straight days and hit up some great DC restaurants. I had a lot of great food while down there but I have to say nothing tops the crispy goat shank we got from Komi. I swear on everything I could have eaten that entire slab of meat myself. But I was required to share with everyone at the table. Plus who wants to be the a-hole that eats all the goat?

Am I right?

Something else we did while all together was decide to make another Kick Sass Kitchen video! We knew Cinco de Mayo was coming up so we decided to get in the kitchen and make some cocktails! Of course we did it all in one shot because we had a busy day and we wanted to get to drinking immediately.

I know you understand.

As always we like to make a little outtakes video. I should let you know that if you watch the outtakes at work maybe do it with some headphones on…ok? I’m only warning you because I’m a little more crass that usual. AKA: I curse like a sailor.

Deal?

Annnnnnd of course we have the full video as well. We each made such amazing cocktails I could have happily drank them all. day. long. I made you all an amazing cilantro margarita. Basically it’s a perfectly sweet lime margarita that is just muddled with a little fresh cilantro. You get a super fresh and clean drink that is perfect for sipping all year round.

Not sure cilantro margaritas are your thing? Try Gina’s pineapple caipirinha or Julie’s Paloma.

Cilantro Margarita

Yield: 1 drink

• Kosher salt
  • 2 ounces tequila
  • 2 ounces triple sec
  • 1 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 3 sprigs cilantro
  • 2 lime wedges

Add kosher salt to a small plate. Lightly dip the rim of your glass in water and dip in the kosher salt to create a kosher salt rim.

In a shaker add all ingredients. Using a muddle slightly bruise the cilantro to help bring out the flavor.

Add in ice, top the shaker and shake for about 1 minute to help combine flavors and dissolve the sugar.

Taste the margarita. If you want it sweeter add in more sugar and shake again.

Once perfect pour into the prepared glass and garnish with lime wedges and more cilantro.

39 Responses to “Cilantro Margarita”

pam (Sidewalk Shoes) — May 1, 2015 at 7:58 am

Loved the margarita, the video and the outtakes!! I also would love it if you would link it up to Tipsy Tuesday at Grey is the New Black!

Yankee Kitchen Ninja (Julianne) — May 1, 2015 at 8:20 am

Gorgeous! And I’m always looking for new cocktail ideas — love that you used cilantro.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 1, 2015 at 8:43 am

I’ve loved all of your videos. Keep em coming! πŸ™‚

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — May 1, 2015 at 8:53 am

Great video and I wouldn’t waste any time drinking these margaritas either.

Sloan @ Life Food and Beer — May 1, 2015 at 9:20 am

Love the video and the drink sound very flavorful and refreshing.

Lauren @ Wicked Spatula — May 1, 2015 at 9:22 am

God y’all crack me up! Every time I try to pronounce caipirinha I totally google it! These cocktails are AMAZING! Totally digging the cilantro margarita, I’m sure I’ll whip up a batch this weekend.

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — May 1, 2015 at 10:00 am

I love cilantro and tequila together!!

Heather | girlichef — May 1, 2015 at 10:42 am

On the contrary, I’m sure that these margs ARE my thing. I want to be the a-hole that drinks them all while washing down the tasty goat. πŸ˜‰

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — May 1, 2015 at 10:51 am

LOVE the cilantro. Why didn’t I think of that?!!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — May 1, 2015 at 11:00 am

These margs are so awesome! The cilantro is brilliant! As always your videos always make me smile and get my day off to a good start!

heather @french press — May 1, 2015 at 11:10 am

you girls make me want to start day drinking πŸ™‚ TGIF

Cookin Canuck — May 1, 2015 at 11:12 am

“Who wants to be the a-hole who ate all the goat?” I snorted water out of my nose when I read that! Why have I never thought to put cilantro in cocktails before? I need to make this tonight.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — May 1, 2015 at 11:25 am

Another great reason I’ve planted cilantro this year; it NEEDS to be in a margarita!

Linda @ Food Huntress — May 1, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Love the combination with cilantro. I’ll be saving it in pinterest for Cinco de Mayo.

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — May 1, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I am loving your cocktails! I love it even more that you added cilantro to the margarita! GENIUS!

Ashley | The Recipe Rebel — May 1, 2015 at 12:57 pm

These are so fun! The perfect accompaniment to a Mexican fiesta! Pinned πŸ™‚

Annie @Maebells — May 1, 2015 at 12:57 pm

What a fun time! These margaritas look amazing! I think this will be how I kick off the weekend!

Becky Winkler (A Calculated Whisk) — May 1, 2015 at 1:03 pm

I am so fascinated by this idea! Cilantro is my favorite herb and I’ll definitely try this.

Kate @ Diethood — May 1, 2015 at 2:52 pm

KICK ASS as always!! I LOLed the entire time! πŸ™‚ This drink though looks and sounds amazing! You don’t know how much I wish I had a pitcher of it right now!

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — May 1, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I love cilantro and I love margarita’s. Brilliant idea to make a cilantro margarita! I’ll have to try this, STAT!

Heather at Basilmomma — May 1, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I love cilantro and I love margaritas so this is a must make for me!

Lana | Never Enough Thyme — May 1, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Wonderful cocktails and fantastic video!!! Y’all are so cute!

Gina | Running to the Kitchen — May 1, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I’ll fight you for that goat πŸ˜‰

Martha @ A Family Feast — May 1, 2015 at 8:21 pm

You three are so funny! This cocktail has me drooling!!

Catherine — May 1, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Ladies you are adorable! I love that you added cilantro…not too many people I know care for it, but I love it! Sounds like a fun drink. xo, Catherine

Julie @ Table for Two — May 2, 2015 at 7:57 am

Ughhhh that goat was amazing. Komi was just unreal. I can’t wait for Alinea then πŸ˜‰ anyway – COME BACK!! We need more guest appearances from moi.

Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy — May 3, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Such a fun get together with friends! Everything is better with cilantro. πŸ˜‰

Samantha — May 3, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I love that there is cilantro in this margarita! My internet is barely working so the videos won’t load right now ;( !

Kim Beaulieu — May 4, 2015 at 12:39 am

Nothing better than friends and cocktails. And giggles. I also curse like a sailor, o I dig you even more now.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 4, 2015 at 1:59 am

Love the video and this marg!

Carolyn — May 4, 2015 at 12:26 pm

I NEVER would have thought of cilantro in margies, but now I want to try this so badly!

Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) — May 4, 2015 at 1:51 pm

I’ve always been a margarita on the rocks girl, and I’ve learned to love cilantro over the last few years. This sounds like the perfect drink to me!

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — May 4, 2015 at 6:01 pm

I’ve never had a cocktail with cilantro in it before…ummm, but its a cocktail…so I wanna!

Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files — May 5, 2015 at 8:57 am

Oh margaritas…you are the way to my heart! Cilantro and tequila are the best of both worlds Pour me a cup…but make it a virgin. Doesn’t quite have the same ring to it. Ugh. Next year!

Joanie @ ZagLeft — May 5, 2015 at 12:43 pm

I’ve never thought to put cilantro in a margarita but I really need to try this – Soon!

Joanne — May 5, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Now I want to drink ALL THE ALCOHOLS. you guys are adorable.

1. Pingback: Pineapple Caipirinha - Running to the Kitchen