No-Bake Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

These no-bake peanut butter banana chocolate chip granola bars are the perfect snack or breakfast. Packed full of flavor and prepared in under 20 minutes!

These no-bake peanut butter banana chocolate chip granola bars are the perfect snack or breakfast. Packed full of flavor and prepared in under 20 minutes!

{This post has been sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. As always all opinions 100% my own.}

How have I never made granola bars before? Seriously, what in the heck was wrong with me? Now that I really know how simple they are to make I have a feeling I’ll be making them all the time. This version is packed full of peanut butter, banana, cinnamon AND chocolate chips. It’s a magic mix of flavors that had me sneaking into the bag for an extra bite every time I walked by.

Since they’re granola bars you can play around with the ingredients but I personally think I hit the nail on the head with this recipe. I think traditionally walnuts would be the go-to nuts for a recipe like this but I’m not a fan. Plus I threw in a little vanilla bean paste because you all know how much I LOVE that stuff!

Also instead of filling the bars with tiny little flax seeds I went the Bob’s Red Mill flaxseed meal route. It added a nice burst of fiber without all those tiny “omg is there something in my teeth” seeds. Which by the way don’t really bother me that much but drive my husband BONKERS! He hates tiny seeds so I’m aways sure to try and leave them out. Oh and flaxseed meal is packed full of Omega-3 fats which are those “it’s a good kind of fat!” fat.

Another plus about these homemade granola bars are that they are naturally sweetened with dates, honey and maple syrup. That means that these granola bars are actually good for you instead of fake good for you. If you’re not a fan of honey I think brown rice syrup would be an excellent substitution.

I also want to gush over the fact that these bars are no-bake. I love that so much because it means I can whip them out in no time and don’t have to worry about preheating the oven and all that other nonsense.

{Looking for more easy breakfast recipes? Try my banana bread granola, cranberry smoothie bowl or my coconut oil and cocoa nib granola.}

No-Bake Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Yield: 8 granola bars

Cook Time:

Total Time: 15 minutesplus chilling time

• 1 cup pitted whole dates
  • 1 cup dried banana chips
  • 1-1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill flaxseed meal
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
  • 1 cup sprouted brown rice puffed cereal (I used OneDegree Organics)
  • 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (more if desired)
  • Pinch of kosher salt

Line a 8x8 dish with parchment paper and set aside.

In a food processor add dates and banana chips. Blend until the mixture is broken up and looks mealy. This took a couple minutes in my food processor.

Add in the rolled oats, almonds and flaxseed meal and process for a few seconds just to help break up the oats.

In a large bowl stir together peanut butter, honey, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste. Add the date/oat mixture to the bowl along with the puffed rice cereal, mini chocolate chips, cinnamon and kosher salt. Stir to combine.

Once the mixture is stirred together it should be sticky enough to stick together when pressed. If the mixture is not sticky enough add a little more honey.

Add the mixture to the prepared dish and firmly press down into the pan. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for about an hour before cutting just to help firm up the granola bars. They can be eaten right away but will be a bit soft.

Note: Brown rice syrup is a great substitution if you do not eat honey.

Make sure to follow Bob’s Red Mill on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!

36 Responses to “No-Bake Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars”

Rachel Cooks — February 15, 2016 at 7:27 am

These look amazing, Brandy! Ben would love these for snacking at work.

Ramona W — February 15, 2016 at 8:10 am

I love all the flavors going on in these bars. I love that they are no bake… definitely keeping this recipe around. 🙂

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — February 15, 2016 at 8:32 am

I am ALWAYS on the lookout for new snack ideas to send with the hubs and he LOVES anything with banana, so these are gonna get me some major awesome wife points! Pinned!

Meg @ With Salt and Wit — February 15, 2016 at 8:38 am

Granola bars are my savors during the week and now I have another one to add to my rotation. And glad you finally jumped onto the granola bar train!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables — February 15, 2016 at 8:41 am

These sound great! I’ve been trying to find more snacks to take to work with me!

Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — February 15, 2016 at 9:20 am

They look wonderful! And so healthy….definitely making these for quick snacks or breakfast on the go.

Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) — February 15, 2016 at 9:32 am

These sound delicious. I love that they are no-bake too!

Colleen — February 15, 2016 at 9:59 am

Yay! I have everything I need to make these!!! The boys will have a special treat later 😍

Joanne — February 15, 2016 at 10:05 am

I seriously spend way too much money on storebought granola bars, so love that these are homemade and GOOD FOR YOU. The best of all worlds.

Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish — February 15, 2016 at 10:09 am

a) I already said it … and I’ll say it again… these look perfect. SERIOUSLY! Whenever I “try” to make granola bars, they’re all mushy and gushy and hold no form. b) LOVE Bob’s… c) am so trying this recipe soon!!! xoxo, Kel

Stephanie — February 15, 2016 at 10:17 am

Hellooooo morning snack! I need these today!

Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads — February 15, 2016 at 10:20 am

These look fantastic! I really need to try them since I’m working extra hard on eating better this year! Such a great breakfast to start the day!

Florian @ContentednessCooking — February 15, 2016 at 10:54 am

This looks wonderful! Anything with peanut butter floats my boat!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — February 15, 2016 at 11:09 am

These granola bars wouldn’t last long around me. All of my favorite ingredients and I love that they have Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal in them for extra fiber and nutrients!

Alisa — February 15, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Oh my word, so much goodness in these amazing granola bars! I use bananas that way, too, for a great infusion!

Terri/Love and Confections — February 15, 2016 at 12:52 pm

These sound like the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack for me. Sometimes toddler moms don’t eat that healthy

Katerina @ Diethood — February 15, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Soooo my kind of granola bars! Really like the added flaxseed meal. AND of course the PB/chocolate combo! 😀

The Food Hunter — February 15, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I love making my own granola bars. they are so much better than store bought.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — February 15, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I’ve never made granola bars before either! Can’t believe it! I think this is a good one to start me off 🙂

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — February 15, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I purchased Bob’s Red Mill ground flaxseed meal just yesterday. What a timely purchase because now I can make these amazing sounding granola bars!

Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama — February 15, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Okay, so I have totally never made homemade granola bars before, and now I want to after seeing your recipe! 🙂 And I didn’t even know that they make flaxseed meal! I am going to have to look for that when I am at the store this week.

Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet — February 15, 2016 at 7:05 pm

These granola bars are totally up my alley – love the combination of wholesome ingredients!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — February 15, 2016 at 9:31 pm

There’s nothing worse than tiny little seeds stuck in your teeth. Chia seeds are the worst offender but flax is right behind it. Love the use of ground flax in these 🙂

Megan Keno — February 15, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Can’t beat peanut butter, chocolate and banana together! These sound like such a great snack!

Lora @savoringitaly — February 16, 2016 at 9:35 am

I add ground flax seeds to my smoothies (and some other recipes I bake that I can sneak it into without the kiddos noticing). Now this is another way to add them into something they will totally love. I want one now for breakfast!!

Angie — February 16, 2016 at 11:59 am

I love that these bars are no bake! They look amazing!Plus that maple syrup, so delicious and healthy!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — February 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Homemade granola bars are so good! I bet that you’ll be making a ton of them now!Mmm and vanilla bean paste in there…oo YES! Making no bake granola bars are the best!

Rose | The Clean Dish — February 16, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Just what I needed! I’m getting tired of my go-to snacks and this is right down my alley. And — why buy granola bars when you can make them yourself, right? Your recipe looks amazing!

Catherine — February 16, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Dear Brandy, I love that these are no-bake! What a delicious and wholesome treat to have on hand. I need to make a batch of these. xo, Catherine

Nancy @ Spicie Foodie — February 16, 2016 at 11:10 pm

I live in the tropics so turning on the oven always has to be weighed heavily. Lol! I absolutely love your recipe and cannot wait to give these a taste.

Kim Beaulieu — February 17, 2016 at 2:52 am

I love homemade granola bars, this is the prettiest recipe I’ve ever seen. It’s so seriously gorgeous. I love that you used dates and banana chips. I can just imagine the taste.

eat good 4 life — February 17, 2016 at 8:27 am

These look totally up my alley and love the fact that these are no bake!!

fabiola@notjustbaked — February 17, 2016 at 4:20 pm

I have a little obsession with no bake granola bars and I love Bob’s flax, so naturally I will be making these! And it’s just starting to be our hiking season here, I love taking bars on my hike.

Kristyn — February 19, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Homemade granola bars? Sign me up!! These look great!

Isabelle @ Crumb — February 20, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I’m always on the lookout for some healthy portable snacks I can stash in my purse for that dreaded 2pm blood sugar crash, and these definitely fit the bill… I love the fact that they’re sweetened with good stuff like dates and honey and maple syrup. So much better than the storebought kind!

Jamie | My Baking Addiction — February 22, 2016 at 11:05 am

I haven’t made granola bars in ages, but I think that’s going to change. These would be just perfect for a quick on-the-go snack!