This apple pie smoothie takes Greek yogurt, hearty oats, sweet apples, creamy milk, spices, and maple syrup and makes the perfect breakfast for on-the-go!
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious way to start the day with some favorite fall flavors?
This apple pie smoothie takes juicy apples, Greek yogurt, rolled oats, creamy milk, warm spices, and sweet maple syrup blended all together for a smoothie that’s packed with protein, fiber, and flavor!
This recipe easily doubles, so you can make some for the entire family before you all head out the door in the morning.
And if you’ve got time to sit down to have breakfast, try my Apple Pie Smoothie Bowls!
Breakfasts don’t have to be boring, they can be fast, delicious, and nutritious!
Trust me, once you try this apple pie smoothie, you’ll skip the morning drive-thru.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for apple pie smoothie
- Sweet apple – The star of the show! These will add not only a delicious apple flavor, but will also add fiber and vitamins.
- Greek yogurt – Greek yogurt will make the apple pie smoothie rich and creamy, and add some protein as well!
- Rolled oats – Rolled oats will bulk up the smoothie to be thick and delicious.
- Milk – Milk will provide moisture and help the apple pie smoothie reach a perfect consistency.
- Spices – I’ve used a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg here for a balance of sweetness and warmth.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract will add a subtle sweetness to the smoothie.
- Maple syrup – Maple syrup will add a maple flavor and a rich sweetness.
What is Greek yogurt?
Greek yogurt is simply yogurt that has been strained to remove the whey, which is what makes it so thick and delicious!
It’s perfect for this apple pie smoothie because it doesn’t have any of that extra whey that could make the smoothie watered down.
You can find Greek yogurt in the grocery store right next to the regular yogurt.
I’ve used plain Greek yogurt here to be mindful of the sugar content, but feel free to use vanilla or even maple-flavored yogurt here if you prefer!
In your local grocery store, there’s usually a huge variety of apples to choose from!
So how do you know which ones will be best for these apple pie smoothies?
My favorite type of apple to use for this recipe is gala, pink lady, or Honeycrisp because they are sweet, tangy, and full of yummy apple flavor.
I would stay away from McIntosh, Fuji, or Red Delicious. These are often mealy apples, with a watery-apple flavor, and not very good to use in this application.
Feel free to jazz up this apple pie smoothie to your liking!
Here are a few tasty ideas for additions:
- Chia, or flax seeds
- Your favorite nut butter
- Protein powder
Storage and leftovers
These apple pie smoothies are best consumed after making, so unfortunately there are no leftovers here!
More smoothie recipes
- Love smoothies but not bananas? Try my Peanut Butter Protein Shake with No Bananas
- Looking for something bright and fun? Try my Acai Bowl
- Need more green in your diet? Try my Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl
- Want something tart and tasty? Try my Cranberry Smoothie Bowl
Apple Pie Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender jar and blend until creamy and smoothie, around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve into glasses and enjoy.