These baked ground chicken tacos are the most delicious way to use ground chicken. Perfectly flavored ground chicken taco meat stuffed into crispy corn taco shells and topped with cheese, cilantro, onion, and radish. You’ll love this simple crowd pleasing meal!
As you know I’m a huge lover of ground chicken.
It’s such a delicious protein that can be thrown into just about anything.
That’s why I knew I needed to figure out a way to combine my love of tacos with my love of ground chicken.
And then it hit me – baked ground chicken tacos!
How incredibly delicious does that sound?
PLUS it’s a great recipe to feed a crowd because when you pull the tray out of the oven BOOM you’ll have 8 tacos all ready to be topped and eaten!
What are baked tacos?
Baked tacos are just what they sound like – tacos that are baked!
In this recipe I made a spicy ground chicken filling that I stuffed into crunchy corn tacos shells, topped with cheese, and then sprinkled with onions, cilantro and radish.
They are a great option for feeding a family because all of the tacos will be hot and ready at the same time.
Can I use ground turkey for tacos?
As you all know I’m a huge ground chicken fan but ground turkey works really well for this recipe.
You could also use ground beef.
What toppings can I put on baked ground chicken tacos?
For the photos I added chopped onions, cilantro and radishes.
However, some other great topping ideas are:
- sliced jalapeños
- sour cream
- chopped tomatoes
- pickled red onions
Can I use flour tortillas?
Yes, but you’ll want to pack the tacos a bit tighter so they stay standing up while baking.
Also, you’ll want to keep an eye on them in the oven as the flour tortillas can brown up faster than crunchy tortillas.
How to store baked tacos?
If you have any leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator in an our tight container.
The crunchy shells may soften a bit so just a warning.
I like to reheat them covered in the oven so help crisp the shells.
Love these baked ground chicken tacos?
Why not try a few of my other delicious ground chicken dishes!
- Sweet and Sour Ground Chicken
- One Pot Ground Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Ground Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Apple Butter Onion Chicken Burgers
- One Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and small dice
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 crunchy/hard corn taco shells
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Minced white onion, optional, for topping
- Minced cilantro, optional, for topping
- Thinly sliced radish, optional, for topping
- Set a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat and add ground chicken, garlic, yellow onion, and green bell pepper.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables just start to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the fire roasted tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix to combine and saute until the juice has cooked down and the meat mixture is thick.
- Add taco shells to a 9x13 dish and fill each shell with an equal amount of ground chicken taco filling.
- Top each taco with shredded cheese.
- Add to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and top your tacos as desired.
- In the photos they were topped with minced onion, cilantro and radishes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 29g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.