This buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash is full of yummy, tangy buffalo ranch shredded rotisserie chicken, served in a perfectly cooked spaghetti squash.
Ok, let’s talk about spaghetti squash!
These little yellowy-orange winter squashes are mild and nutty in flavor, and when cooked, the flesh of the vegetable resembles strands of spaghetti (which makes it a great spaghetti-substitute).
These buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash are full of shredded rotisserie chicken (thank you grocery store!) creamy ranch, smooth cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan cheeses, and tangy hot sauce.
Oh, are you ready for the best part? The spaghetti squash can be cooked in the microwave!
Y’all, get ready, ‘cause this recipe comes together real quick! You’re going to love this buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash!
Ingredients for buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash
- Spaghetti squash – Mild and nutty in flavor, easily cooked in the microwave, and makes a perfect edible bowl!
- Rotisserie chicken – Most major grocery stores have affordable, pre-cooked rotisserie chickens in their deli section.
- Green onions – Green onions will add a mild onion flavor and a great crunch.
- Mozzarella and Parmesan – This cheese combo is my favorite. Gooey, melty mozzarella and salty parm work perfectly together here.
- Cream cheese – This will add creaminess to our filling.
- Ranch dressing – Ranch is another great ingredient that will add creaminess and a medley of flavors to our chicken filling. Feel free to use your favorite homemade or store-bought variety.
- Frank’s RedHot Sauce – Ok, if you ask me, there is no other option. This is the best tangy, spicy hot sauce there is. Easily found in most major grocery stores in the sauce aisle.
- Oregano and Italian seasoning – These herbs will add even more flavor to our dish.
Roasting your own chicken
Ok we all know how much I love getting extra help from the store, it’s a great time saver to buy pre-made rotisserie chickens.
But, making your own roasted chicken at home is easy too!
Simply take your bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, and place them on a baking sheet.
Drizzle them with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, and then sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30-40 minutes, or until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165ºF on a thermometer.
Let cool slightly on the pan before shredding up by hand.
You can freeze the cooled, shredded chicken in freezer-safe zip-top bags for up to 2 months, or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Not a fan of mozzarella and parmesan? No worries!
Some other great cheeses that would be delicious here are Monterey jack, pepper jack (if you’re looking for something spicy!) cheddar, or provolone.
Storage and leftovers of stuffed spaghetti squash
Lastly, any leftovers can be placed in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place on a microwave-safe dish and cover loosely with a damp paper towel, and heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More chicken recipes
- Looking for some game-day snacks? Try my Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Craving something creamy? Try my Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- In the mood for something Italian? Try my Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Want something light? Try my Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
This buffalo chicken spaghetti squash is full of yummy, tangy buffalo ranch shredded rotisserie chicken, served in a perfectly cooked spaghetti squash.
- 2 small spaghetti squash, about 1-1/2 pounds each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ranch dressing
- Sliced green onions
For spaghetti squash:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut your spaghetti squash into two halves. If you have trouble cutting it, pierce it with a fork and microwave it for 3-5 minutes on high. That’ll make it much easier to cut through. But, make sure to pierce it with a fork so that it doesn’t explode!
- After cutting your spaghetti squash, remove the seeds and discard them.
- Drizzle with olive oil and generously coat with salt and pepper.
- Place them face down on a rimmed baking sheet, add a splash of water to the baking sheet, and cook for about 30-40 minutes or until the sides are easily pierced with a fork.
- When the squash is tender and fully cooked remove it from the oven and set it aside.
- In a bowl add all the filling ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fill the cavities of the spaghetti squash with the buffalo chicken mixture and return to the oven for ten minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently pull the sides of the squash with a fork and mix the strands with the buffalo chicken filling.
- Top with desired toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 658Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 2282mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 7gSugar: 16gProtein: 29g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Thursday 20th of October 2022
Easy and delicious, this one is a keeper. I know I’m going to make it over and over again!
Thursday 20th of October 2022
This was absolutely delicious! Will definitely be making again soon.