These cake batter Rice Krispie treats are full of cake flavor and lots of sprinkles. Who doesn’t love sprinkles with their dessert?
Hi, all! I’m writing this post from lovely Duck, North Carolina. We are on vacation this week. It’s beautiful outside right now and we are just about to head out to the beach. I’m hoping that helps my aching head. Apparently it was not wise to consume massive amount of white wine last night….who know?
Now onto the Krispie treats. I first saw these little delicious treats on Pinterest. Are you on there yet? You should be. I sure do enough free advertisement for them Anyway, I knew I had to make them because if there is one thing I love it’s cake batter and rice Krispie treats. Luckily they are easy to make and extremely delicious. A hip widening terror. I gave away most of my treats to my neighbor. That way I didn’t eat them all because I would have. Trust me.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup dry yellow cake mix
- 6 cups rice krisipie cereal
- 1 bottle sprinkles
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large pot add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and cook until smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle in dry cake mix, stirring well after each addition. You want to make sure there are no cake mix lumps.
- Add rice krispies and sprinkles and stir until combined.
- Press rice krispie treats into your prepared pan.
- For thicker treats use an 8x8 and for thinner treats use a 9x13.
- Sprinkle the top of the treats with more sprinkles.