These totally delicious chicken souvlaki burgers are packed full of fresh herbs and feta cheese. Stuffed into a pita and served with tzatziki sauce and fresh cucumbers.
Have you ever loved a show so much that you simply refused to watch the finale episodes in hopes that it was just a giant joke and the show wasn’t actually canceled?
Well, that is what happened to me with Psych. I knew it was over and I have been staring at the last episode sitting unwatched in my Netflix queue.
I couldn’t do it. I didn’t want the show to be over and I didn’t want to say goodbye to my two favorite characters of all time – Shawn and Gus.
I would like to add I have this same problem with books. I hate saying goodbye to the characters that I love.
This is why I love series books.
Then I’m allowed to hang out with them for several books or years if an author keeps them going for a while.
Do you feel me?
So the day finally came that I sat down and watched the final episode.
My thoughts? It was good.
I hated that so much was changing in the final season but as my dad would say “It’s life. Things change. Get over it.” My dad is not one to mince words.
Luckily I had these burgers to help me get over my Psych sadness.
I know you’re not supposed to use food as comfort but it’s my life and I will do as I please.
Plus these burgers are kick-ass so trust me when I say you would do the same.
These babies are PACKED full of chopped baby spinach, dill, mint, and feta cheese.
It’s like Greek heaven just poured itself into this burger. It reminds me of chicken souvlaki but it burger form – hence the name.
And since I was on a souvlaki kick I decided to throw the burger into a pita, slather it with tzatziki sauce and garnish with a few slices of crispy cucumber.
Heaven people. Heaven. That is what this burger tastes like.
Well, if heaven was made of ground chicken, fresh herbs, spinach, feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, and pita.
Which could be true.
You don’t know.
Love these chicken souvlaki burgers?
Why not try a few of my other ground chicken burgers!
- Greek Chicken Burgers with Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Burgers
- Chipotle Chicken Burgers Topped with Mango Salsa
- Cranberry Pesto Chicken Burgers
- Apple Butter Onion Chicken Burgers
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Chicken Tandoori Burger
- Open Face BBQ Chicken Burger with Peach Corn Salsa
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Tzatziki sauce
- 4-6 small whole-wheat pita pockets, warmed and opened
- Sliced English cucumbers
- In a large bowl add ground chicken, feta cheese, chopped baby spinach, olive oil, dill, mint, oregano, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix together until completely combined.
- Form your meat into 4-6 patties - depending on the size of your pita bread.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a pan set over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add your patties and cook for about 5 minutes per side until fully cooked. The cooking time will depend on the size of your patties so adjust accordingly. The patties should feel firm to the touch when fully cooked.
- When the patties are cooked add them to your warmed pita pockets and slather with tzatziki sauce, baby spinach, and sliced cucumbers.
- You can also sprinkle with extra herbs and feta if desired.