These chipotle chicken burgers are topped with fiery pepper jack cheese and fresh homemade mango salsa. Trust me, this burger is packed full of flavor and the perfect addition to your summer BBQ.
This post is sponsored by Cabot. All opinions and thoughts are 100% my own.
Now that it’s summer I’m hoping to finally get my shit together and get back to regular posting. So, naturally chipotle chicken burgers SCREAM summer to me so I’m getting them up on this blog so you can make them as soon as possible. Especially since the Fourth of July is just around the corner.
If you have read my blog for a while you’ll know I’m all about chicken burgers. In fact, in my opinion, chicken burgers beat out beef burgers. Yeah, don’t @ me. I said it. Chicken burgers are better than beef burgers.
Listen I love me some beef but when it comes to ground and flattened meat patties I’m going chicken.
How To Make Chipotle Chicken Burgers
If you’re a big fan of flavor this burger is going to be your all-time favorite. Not only is the patty full of chipotle peppers and cilantro it’s topped with crazy good Cabot pepper jack cheese and homemade mango salsa. I also threw in a little chipotle mayonnaise because mayo is the best.
Yeah, don’t @ me about that either. We all know mayo is good.
- Chop up some chipotle peppers, add it to ground chicken with a pinch of fresh cilantro and mix to combine. Form into 4 delicious patties and grill until fully cooked. (Side thought: remember those weird plastic burger shaper things?)
- Top with Cabot pepper jack cheese.
- Throw it on a bun and top with homemade mango salsa.
Well, devour responsibly. You should always share delicious burgers.
Depending on your love of spice you can add more or less chopped chipotle peppers. In the recipe, I used 2 whole (but deseeded) chopped chipotle peppers but go down to 1 if you’re not into the hot life. Plus I topped it with Cabot pepper jack cheese because can you even eat a burger without cheese?
Please say no. I’m a firm believer in the whole a burger it’s a burger without cheese. Although, I guess it technically turns it into a cheeseburger but that’s just sweating the details.
I’m pretty sure you have figured out I’m not a details girl.
Do you remember last year when I made my cheesy grilled peach jalapeno turkey burger? Well, that was for Cabot and this year I’m lucky enough to work with them AGAIN! They are one of my favorite clients and I’m psyched to get to work with them.
They even recently revamped their cheese packaging to check out that pepper jack. She is all shiny and new! And also check out the pepper jack because it’s awesome and actually a little spicy. Just like a pepper jack should be.
Don’t Forget the Mango Salsa!
Yeah, don’t forget the mango salsa. It’s a big burst of freshness and the perfect summery touch. I really am a girl who loves fruit on their burgers. Let’s hope that never goes out of style.
For the salsa, I made sure to chop my fruit really small so it would top the burger perfectly. Which meant I spent a little more time chopping up all my mango, cilantro and red bell pepper. It’s fun to bust out your knife and mill up all those fruits and vegetables.
What Bun Should I Use?
I used a soft brioche bun that I grilled but really any bun would do. I just happen to LOVE a soft bun so that is why when I saw them in the bakery department I ran right over and scooped them up.
Or if you’re my husband you’ll use toast because apparently, that is his favorite way to enjoy a hamburger. I want to say that toast with a burger is not delicious but it totally is delicious. But, I still prefer a soft squishy bun.
If you’re looking for even more chicken burger recipes you should know I have a TON!
Check them out here:
- 1 rip mango, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1-2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, deseeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a smaller mixing bowl add mango, red bell pepper, lime juice and 2 tablespoons minced cilantro.
- Mix to combine, taste and season with the desired amount of kosher salt and pepper. Set to the side or make ahead of time and keep covered in the refrigerator.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add ground chicken, chipotle peppers, remaining cilantro, grated garlic, and your desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 4 equal sized patties.
- Over medium heat, cook patties on the grill until the inside of the burger is no longer pink. The burger should feel firm.
- If you don't want to grill your burger, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet, when the oil is hot add the burgers and cook until no longer pink and feels firm to the touch.
- Add your cheese to your burgers and let rest covered for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- To serve add one chipotle chicken burger to a bun and top with mango salsa.
- If you want extra flavor add micro greens!